Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 10:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

strike the lotto

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 10 years ago by UNITEDWESTAND.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
Michigan
United States
Member #22395
September 24, 2005
1583 Posts
Posted: February 25, 2007, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

Pac

"You mean it's not random enough? HA!"

The testing is to to make sure no one tampered with them.  Not only that they are functioning without exploding.

Of course you realize they are not just ordinary ping pong balls picked up at the $1 store. Smile  Someone on LP posted some details about the Canadian Lottery, I think in their blog.  They are expensive.  I think just short of your estimate of a Trillion.

I know, you'd like it a lot better without the overkill and wrenches! Smile

HOUSTON,TEXAS
    United States
    Member #3794
    February 21, 2004
    346 Posts
    Posted: February 25, 2007, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

day 3US Flagim boycotting TEXAS and i stand with you on delaware as well im hoping the lottery official will see are boycott and try to be fair and include in there budget TV time expense  

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: February 25, 2007, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

Pac

"You mean it's not random enough? HA!"

The testing is to to make sure no one tampered with them.  Not only that they are functioning without exploding.

Of course you realize they are not just ordinary ping pong balls picked up at the $1 store. Smile  Someone on LP posted some details about the Canadian Lottery, I think in their blog.  They are expensive.  I think just short of your estimate of a Trillion.

Yes I would. It's only fair...right?

I know...life ain't fair...LOL

HOUSTON,TEXAS
        United States
        Member #3794
        February 21, 2004
        346 Posts
        Posted: February 26, 2007, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Day 4US Flagit appears the lottery doesnt fill the boycott,in the old days when union went on strike the people would not buy any thing from the company!Honor has lost its place in america.the idea of getting rich quick has caused us to toss are morals out the window,Im g oing to end this on History The King of England wanted to Tax the people of united states more ,and we are Known what people can do when they get     tired of it.The lottery is making it very hard for  you and I to win,or you tired?

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #1303
          March 27, 2003
          1508 Posts
          Posted: February 26, 2007, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

Day 4US Flagit appears the lottery doesnt fill the boycott,in the old days when union went on strike the people would not buy any thing from the company!Honor has lost its place in america.the idea of getting rich quick has caused us to toss are morals out the window,Im g oing to end this on History The King of England wanted to Tax the people of united states more ,and we are Known what people can do when they get     tired of it.The lottery is making it very hard for  you and I to win,or you tired?

The lottery makes it hard for you or I to win?  That's not new. It has always been hard t owin the lottery. Lotteries are not in business to lose money. If people could crack it that easily, the lotteries would discontinue the games. They are in the business to make money. Lotteries were never created in order to make it easy for people to get rich. That is not their purpose.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10392 Posts
            Posted: February 27, 2007, 12:16 am - IP Logged

UNITEDWESTAND

What do you mean by "it appears the lotto doesn't fill the boycott"? 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

HOUSTON,TEXAS
              United States
              Member #3794
              February 21, 2004
              346 Posts
              Posted: February 27, 2007, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

Day 5US Flagwhat i mean is to show a live drawing ,you pretest all you want!,but show the drawing if its no funny business going on!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: February 28, 2007, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

How do you feel about pre-tests and tube shuffling? I'm starting to wonder whether  taking a risk of a computerized drawing, is worth or equal to the risk of a ball drawing.

A ball drawing requires messing with the system. Do pre-tests ruin the flow of what was meant to be in the first place? Then play musical tubes afterwards....Just shoot me...LOL

Sure it's possible to mess with computers, but In my opinion, the risk is less, when compared with what I have to go through on a daily basis.

I Agree!

OMG!  I'm agreeing with you, Pac?  Must be something in the water here in Bonita! 

LOL

I understand on one level the purpose of the pre-tests, but I agree that it affects the overall randomness of the drawings.  How would anyone here like to find out he picked the 6 "winning" numbers that were thrown out?

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: February 28, 2007, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

OMG!  I'm agreeing with you, Pac?  Must be something in the water here in Bonita! 

LOL

I understand on one level the purpose of the pre-tests, but I agree that it affects the overall randomness of the drawings.  How would anyone here like to find out he picked the 6 "winning" numbers that were thrown out?

Gotta go wit the flo.....

Now you know why you're always one number off.....LOL

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #22395
                    September 24, 2005
                    1583 Posts
                    Posted: February 28, 2007, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

In the interest of full disclosure, States should publicly list all numbers drawn during any testing.

HOUSTON,TEXAS
                      United States
                      Member #3794
                      February 21, 2004
                      346 Posts
                      Posted: March 1, 2007, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

Day 7 US Flagto no avail the boycott is not unified to have a effective result the lottery has won on this issue ,yet to all players if you roll dice rember you can see if you hit your point or you craped out, with no Tv showing we all craped out !.give a little, take the farm and the cow