Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

My brother won 35 million

Topic closed. 73 replies. Last post 10 years ago by noleyo.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #50123
February 26, 2007
6 Posts
Posted: February 26, 2007, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

I am happy for him and his wife and we are all close but there is no mention of giving us much, they said only 12,000 a year because of tax reason, hey they dont have to give us anything but me and another sibling are in a bad way and my house is ready for foreclosure so i feel a little hurt when they email us a 5 million dollar house there buying and i cant even buy food. how should i deal with this. It hurts because i would never treat them like a tax wright off. Im not a greedy person and i feel bad even expecting them to help i just thought thats what family does. Oh well life goes on.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19828 Posts
    Posted: February 26, 2007, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

Your brother wasn't responsible for your problems before he won the lottery, why should he be responsible for them now?  You should continue to deal with your problems the same way you were before he came into extra money.  When relatives depend on their family for free money, they can never get enough, they will continue to have a need until it's all gone or the source is dried up.  If your brother offered you $12,000 a year because of the tax laws then you are a very lucky person.  If you were old enough to buy a house then you are old enough to pay for it yourself.  Good luck to you.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #50123
      February 26, 2007
      6 Posts
      Posted: February 26, 2007, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

You are right. I should not expect anything. And i just got into a very bad situation about a year ago and for medical reasons i can no longer keep up on my house payments. I guess im being silly and i should be thankful. Thank you for taking the time out to comment.

kandi44's avatar - masked
        georgetown
        United States
        Member #46979
        October 12, 2006
        1129 Posts
        Posted: February 26, 2007, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

i know the feeling my brother did me the same way but with god on your side you can make it just remember that and god will bless you one day to

United States
          Member #50123
          February 26, 2007
          6 Posts
          Posted: February 26, 2007, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

I guess the biggest fear i have is them changing and becoming distant, I know i will make it out of my situation. if i won i would be the one to go broke because i would give everyone money, i know what its like to be without.

nobie23's avatar - squiz

United States
            Member #3009
            December 12, 2003
            2065 Posts
            Posted: February 26, 2007, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

I am happy for him and his wife and we are all close but there is no mention of giving us much, they said only 12,000 a year because of tax reason, hey they dont have to give us anything but me and another sibling are in a bad way and my house is ready for foreclosure so i feel a little hurt when they email us a 5 million dollar house there buying and i cant even buy food. how should i deal with this. It hurts because i would never treat them like a tax wright off. Im not a greedy person and i feel bad even expecting them to help i just thought thats what family does. Oh well life goes on.

This is the kind of attitude that tears families apart. Your brother has a family and he is not obligated to take care of you or his sibilings. Any bit of help is better than none!!!!  Be greatful the he even thought about giving you anything.

cv844's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
              texas
              United States
              Member #4689
              May 17, 2004
              4121 Posts
              Posted: February 26, 2007, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

Hi, have you told your brother about your situation, maybe that would help, if not at least 12,000 would help you out. Good luck .

United States
                Member #50123
                February 26, 2007
                6 Posts
                Posted: February 26, 2007, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

I have been in and out of bad situations as far as money goes, I guess it goes a little deeper though, Im afraid they wont be the same. That the money will change them. I am very happy for them and yes the other posts are right, he owes me nothing as far as money but im hoping he is still there for me as a brother. there is no price on family and your health.

stavros's avatar - avatar 6898.gif
                  Florida
                  United States
                  Member #6147
                  August 8, 2004
                  1396 Posts
                  Posted: February 26, 2007, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Jockpotsister.........be happy that your brother is going to give you $12,000.  This is a beginning for you to prevent losing your home.  Call your lender and let them know you would like to negotiate a payment plan to forstall the loss.  Let them know what you can afford now, and ask them how much time they can give you to come up with additional monies.  Honestly, they do not want to take away your home.  Gice it a shot, and best of luck to you!

Good Luck!

Stavros

paurths's avatar - underground
                    Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
                    Belgium
                    Member #19287
                    July 29, 2005
                    2254 Posts
                    Posted: February 26, 2007, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

Your brother wasn't responsible for your problems before he won the lottery, why should he be responsible for them now?  You should continue to deal with your problems the same way you were before he came into extra money.  When relatives depend on their family for free money, they can never get enough, they will continue to have a need until it's all gone or the source is dried up.  If your brother offered you $12,000 a year because of the tax laws then you are a very lucky person.  If you were old enough to buy a house then you are old enough to pay for it yourself.  Good luck to you.

Sorry, but what a bunch of BS is that?
                    As if he had to work for it himself...

As if with 35 mil in the bank his brother is going to go bankrupt, "the source is going to be dried up", if he would put up $120,000 instead of $12,000...!!! Confused

If i would win that amount of money my sister would not have to work another day in her life.
                    That is, if she would not throw out the money i would put in her account.

"Tax-reasons", has one ever.... Disapprove
                    Surely this brother will most likely end up on wellfare if he would donate more than $12,000... sure, for "tax reasons",

sounds very selfish to me...

Or not ofcourse, since they seem to be buying a $5,000,000 "dump"...

If anyone should grow a braintumor and suddenly feel like calling out for me, i'll be in the 'restroom', throwing up!!!! 

lasas3

An onion a day keeps everyone away!!!

Honduras
                      Member #20982
                      August 29, 2005
                      4715 Posts
                      Posted: February 26, 2007, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

When i hear comments like that, i wish you could be married to your sister (exclude the sex part)...I don't know did you all grew up together from small?

You are going to tell me her brother couldn't buy her a 100,000 house and then give her 12,000 a year?

His (and everyone's) biggest downfall like how i said before is the 5 million dollar house..By yourself a 5 million dollar house if you have above 65 million....

"Laura Simpson from Great Lakes, Illinois deserves to be rich..."          "She is so rare..."

NBey6's avatar - pyramid
                        $$ Notaphilist $$

United States
                        Member #4290
                        April 9, 2004
                        16472 Posts
                        Posted: February 26, 2007, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

I have been in and out of bad situations as far as money goes, I guess it goes a little deeper though, Im afraid they wont be the same. That the money will change them. I am very happy for them and yes the other posts are right, he owes me nothing as far as money but im hoping he is still there for me as a brother. there is no price on family and your health.

Jackpotsister - You have to look out for yourself. Please try to have a heart of love and gratitude for what you receive, not what is promised. Promises are broken all the time and we have to be happy with what we have no matter how bad it seems and have love in our heart, because anything else hurts us, not anyone else.

Food for thought........

Congratulations to your brother and your family!!

Blue Angel

I am a money magnet. 

Clover Thumbs Up 

United States
                          Member #5565
                          July 11, 2004
                          260 Posts
                          Posted: February 26, 2007, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like the Crumps who won the $ 74M Megamillions jackpot and divided it among the brothers and their wives.  One of them  must have received a larger share.

http://origin.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/state/16605983.htm?source=rss&channel=dfw_state

numbergirly's avatar - 0002009C
                            Dover, Delaware
                            United States
                            Member #26979
                            November 25, 2005
                            178 Posts
                            Posted: February 26, 2007, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Hi jackpotsister...are you saying your brother is going to give you $12,000 a year WOW I only wish... considering that I am on disability getting $144.00 a month talk about being stressed. I would be doing back flips if my back would allow. There is always a positive side to everything and just think about it before your brother's stroke of luck... were you getting $12,000 a year droped in your lap just for being a sibling. I think your brother is showing you 12000 reasons just how much he loves you. FEEL BLESSED BEACUSE, YOU ARE

numbergirly

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                              Member #47420
                              November 4, 2006
                              3930 Posts
                              Posted: February 26, 2007, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

Take the 12 grand a year tax free and mumble after you cash it "What goes around comes around"..Be happy with the 12 grand..Maybe if he gave you a mil you might be in bad shape after a year or two and be begging for more..Just be happy with what you get for nothing..."Life is just a bowel of cherrie's so why do I get all the pit's"....