Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

My brother won 35 million

Topic closed. 73 replies. Last post 10 years ago by noleyo.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
dumars798's avatar - batman17
Atlanta
United States
Member #28656
December 20, 2005
5675 Posts
Posted: February 27, 2007, 2:32 am - IP Logged

its all made up, no one won in my family i just wanted to see if there is more greedy people then not who would help there family,  This is my school project thanks so much for all your replys.LOL

No NoBSHERE!!!

Smart bets...... Equal Phat Pocket$!

United States
    Member #50120
    February 26, 2007
    13 Posts
    Posted: February 27, 2007, 8:44 am - IP Logged

PS

Please tell your Teacher you need help in the areas of spelling and punctuation, I see nine errors in your post. 

If somebody is dumba$$ i.e. the thread starter can we call them a DUMBA$$?  How picky are the forum police?

United States
      Member #50120
      February 26, 2007
      13 Posts
      Posted: February 27, 2007, 8:47 am - IP Logged

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I understand from growing up poor. When you get out of your current troubles consider a reverse mortgage. Under this plan, you pay only what you can afford.

"Sorry to hear of your troubles. I understand from growing up poor. When you get out of your current troubles consider Suicide."

Fixed your postROFL

chippie's avatar - Lottery-064.jpg

Bahamas
        Member #31284
        January 27, 2006
        8962 Posts
        Posted: February 27, 2007, 9:08 am - IP Logged

35 Million Dollars!!!!

I mean I have read a few replies but this is my personal feeling, what is $100,000...? when you have won 35 milllion?

Im sorry I would have shared out my family members a portion of the winnings and if they dont invest it properly thats there problem!!!

chippie's avatar - Lottery-064.jpg

Bahamas
          Member #31284
          January 27, 2006
          8962 Posts
          Posted: February 27, 2007, 9:11 am - IP Logged

Ooooop I just read where its all made up, my my my what a cheap way to get information from people!

Then on the other handI would have just asked the question....?????

WOULD YOU SHARE WITH YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS IF YOU WON $35 MIL

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
            Florence, Alabama
            United States
            Member #8658
            November 13, 2004
            1993 Posts
            Posted: February 27, 2007, 9:23 am - IP Logged

First of all I'de like to welcome RD Pratt and Jackpotsister to the LP family. Second I'de like to know why in your school project $12,000 a year is considered not much money. Assuming it's tax free, $230 a week is pretty good considering if you didn't have anything. Maybe you should have said he was only giving you $5,000 a year?

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

Florence, Alabama
              United States
              Member #8658
              November 13, 2004
              1993 Posts
              Posted: February 27, 2007, 9:39 am - IP Logged

PS

Please tell your Teacher you need help in the areas of spelling and punctuation, I see nine errors in your post. 

Just looking at your posts.

post 1

I am happy for him and his wife and we are all close but there is no mention of giving us much, they said only 12,000 a year because of tax reason, hey they dont have to give us anything but me and another sibling are in a bad way and my house is ready for foreclosure so i feel a little hurt when they email us a 5 million dollar house there buying and i cant even buy food. how should i deal with this. It hurts because i would never treat them like a tax wright off. Im not a greedy person and i feel bad even expecting them to help i just thought thats what family does. Oh well life goes on.

post 2

You are right. I should not expect anything. And i just got into a very bad situation about a year ago and for medical reasons i can no longer keep up on my house payments. I guess im being silly and i should be thankful. Thank you for taking the time out to comment.

post 3

I guess the biggest fear i have is them changing and becoming distant, I know i will make it out of my situation. if i won i would be the one to go broke because i would give everyone money, i know what its like to be without

post 4

I have been in and out of bad situations as far as money goes, I guess it goes a little deeper though, Im afraid they wont be the same. That the money will change them. I am very happy for them and yes the other posts are right, he owes me nothing as far as money but im hoping he is still there for me as a brother. there is no price on family and your health.

post 5

its all made up, no one won in my family i just wanted to see if there is more greedy people then not who would help there family,  This is my school project thanks so much for all your replys.LOL

Looking at all the bad spelling, punctuation, and capitalization I'm assuming that you aren't old enough to even play the lottery. Is this a 2nd grade elementary school project?

Raven62's avatar - binary
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #17843
                June 28, 2005
                49618 Posts
                Posted: February 27, 2007, 10:06 am - IP Logged

I am happy for him and his wife and we are all close but there is no mention of giving us much, they said only 12,000 a year because of tax reason, hey they dont have to give us anything but me and another sibling are in a bad way and my house is ready for foreclosure so i feel a little hurt when they email us a 5 million dollar house there buying and i cant even buy food. how should i deal with this. It hurts because i would never treat them like a tax wright off. Im not a greedy person and i feel bad even expecting them to help i just thought thats what family does. Oh well life goes on.

Dupe Alert

But it was Entertaining with the Morning Coffee

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
                  Lotto City, Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #36256
                  March 30, 2006
                  1472 Posts
                  Posted: February 27, 2007, 11:40 am - IP Logged

ROFL

United States
                    Member #50120
                    February 26, 2007
                    13 Posts
                    Posted: February 27, 2007, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

and it is funny to make a total BS thread why?  You're an idiot!

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                      Member #2338
                      September 17, 2003
                      2063 Posts
                      Posted: February 27, 2007, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

Since this is all theoretical let's do the math.

Assuming that the brother won $35 million in Texas the post tax winnings would only be 11 million. If her brother bought a $5 million dollar home he would be spending almost half the post-tax prize on a house.

Also if the brother is limiting the amount of giving to $12,000 due to Federal gift tax that applies per person. So his wife could also give $12,000 bringing the total to $24,000.

If the brother were actually getting a $5 million dollar home he won't have his prize money for long. I'm sure he would also be getting new cars, plasma/lcd tv's, etc. If he had a clue $10 million would just go into an investment trust and his house would be more modest.

The only way someone could get a $5 million dollar house logically is to win Euromillions on the 12th roll and not be from the US or waiting for Mega to break $400 million and be the sole winner. Any prize in the US is only 25-33% of it's advertised amount.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                        Wandering Aimlessly
                        United States
                        Member #25360
                        November 5, 2005
                        4461 Posts
                        Posted: February 27, 2007, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

Sorry, but what a bunch of BS is that?
                        As if he had to work for it himself...

As if with 35 mil in the bank his brother is going to go bankrupt, "the source is going to be dried up", if he would put up $120,000 instead of $12,000...!!! Confused

If i would win that amount of money my sister would not have to work another day in her life.
                        That is, if she would not throw out the money i would put in her account.

"Tax-reasons", has one ever.... Disapprove
                        Surely this brother will most likely end up on wellfare if he would donate more than $12,000... sure, for "tax reasons",

sounds very selfish to me...

Or not ofcourse, since they seem to be buying a $5,000,000 "dump"...

If anyone should grow a braintumor and suddenly feel like calling out for me, i'll be in the 'restroom', throwing up!!!! 

I Agree!

I realize we don't have all of the details. However, if this sister isn't on drugs or squandering away her savings on gambling, shopping or other irresponsible activities, I totally agree that her brother is being selfish.  $12,000 is a very nice gift however.  I hope he also picks up the tab for health insurance and medical expenses, since that's also tax exempt.  Regarding the $5 million home - I think that's a bit extreme.  If all he won was $35 million (before taxes) he'll have a difficult time hanging onto it.  I guess that depends on where you live and the property tax, insurance, etc., but people get into all sorts of trouble when they go wild with their new money. Although I would never tell another person how to spend his own money, I also wouldn't be able to live in a mansion while my sister struggled. 

EDIT:  Just read through all of the other posts.  BTW, I never took the post completely seriously. The $5 million house was the red flag.  however, we never really know who is being honest and who is making up an entire story, so why not toss around an opinion?

Raven:  The "dupe" emoticon is to identify "duplicate posts/threads"  Todd has pointed this out a few times. However, many people think it's for being "duped."  I thought that too.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                          Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Posted: February 27, 2007, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

Since this is a school project:

"Its all made up"  should be "It's"  Use an apostrophe when you are writing "it is" because its is for possession such as his, hers, its...the company and its employees...the school and its students.  It's a nice day.  It's a good post.  It's sad that so many people don't understand punctuation.

"then not"  should be "than"  you are comparing things - then is an entirely different word.  We are going to the show and THEN we are going to get dinner.  Statistics show that there are more women who are single parents THAN men.

Reply when plural is replies, not replys.  She has a reply.  He replied to the letter.  They now have several replies.

"There family" is probably the biggest mistake.  You get an "F" from me.  Go over there now.  There is a nice place to shop at the mall.  Their is the proper spelling. 

As long as we're on the subject, how about "there is more greedy people?"  Would you say to your buddy, "There is people living in that house" or "There is people at the mall now."   (the correct way to say it is there are people)  Don't want to get too technical, but if you are using "people" then you should also write "help their families" (plural) but this is a web site and we all rush through posts and make mistakes once in a while. Otherwise I would point out even more mistakes. (ex: me and another sibling are...)   

Just trying to help.  Smiley 

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
                            Member #50124
                            February 26, 2007
                            601 Posts
                            Posted: February 27, 2007, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

In order to make this a worthwhile paper, the first thing you're gonna have to do is lay out a compelling reason why someone who gives "only" $12k is greedy.  Otherwise, this exercise is meaningless.

Florence, Alabama
                              United States
                              Member #8658
                              November 13, 2004
                              1993 Posts
                              Posted: February 27, 2007, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

Since this is a school project:

"Its all made up"  should be "It's"  Use an apostrophe when you are writing "it is" because its is for possession such as his, hers, its...the company and its employees...the school and its students.  It's a nice day.  It's a good post.  It's sad that so many people don't understand punctuation.

"then not"  should be "than"  you are comparing things - then is an entirely different word.  We are going to the show and THEN we are going to get dinner.  Statistics show that there are more women who are single parents THAN men.

Reply when plural is replies, not replys.  She has a reply.  He replied to the letter.  They now have several replies.

"There family" is probably the biggest mistake.  You get an "F" from me.  Go over there now.  There is a nice place to shop at the mall.  Their is the proper spelling. 

As long as we're on the subject, how about "there is more greedy people?"  Would you say to your buddy, "There is people living in that house" or "There is people at the mall now."   (the correct way to say it is there are people)  Don't want to get too technical, but if you are using "people" then you should also write "help their families" (plural) but this is a web site and we all rush through posts and make mistakes once in a while. Otherwise I would point out even more mistakes. (ex: me and another sibling are...)   

Just trying to help.  Smiley 

Thank you