Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you go For Humans to draw the Balls?

Topic closed. 44 replies. Last post 10 years ago by LckyLary.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Would you go For Humans to draw the balls?

Great Idea [ 11 ]  [33.33%]
Bad Idea [ 22 ]  [66.67%]
Total Valid Votes [ 33 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
FEMA Region V Camp #21
United States
Member #520
July 27, 2002
5699 Posts
Posted: March 22, 2007, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

I am glad they don't publish the pre-test picks on the FL web site.  If they do, I am begging everyone NOT to send me the link. LOL  Konane, you must be a little more emotionally stable than I.  LOL 

I once saw on the TX site the 5 pre-test combinations picked.  I thought "the last thing in the world I'd want to see are the numbers I've played for years and years!" 

This is an interesting subject for me.  We had this discussion about a year ago about whether or not it has an effect on the "randomness" of the draws.  Some members said it doesn't matter.  I think I'll search the archives for that thread.

Edit:  Maybe someone else will have better luck.  I can only one from June 2006 with one page about TX and FL pre-tests.  Personally, I don't approve of them, no matter how many people say they are for our own protection to keep the games fair & square.

So, does this mean the Raffle game (that had to be computerized, right?) had "pre-tests" to make sure one particular store or town didn't get the lion's share of the pot?  How much control does the lottery have on who wins and who doesn't? They know where the winning scratch tickets are sent.  How random really is it? 

Pre-tests should be for the eyes only of those testing the machines before the draw.

Publicizing these does not help the player at all.  I'd be glad to hear anyone from TX refute this.

And if so, how so? 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: March 22, 2007, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations. You've posted an excellent argument in favor of eliminating humans from the process as much as possible.

Hi, KY Floyd.  To whom are you responding?  Seriously, all of us have been posting at the same time, so it's hard to follow.  Were you answering Konane or Lotterybraker?

NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      3474 Posts
      Posted: March 22, 2007, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

Hi, KY Floyd.  To whom are you responding?  Seriously, all of us have been posting at the same time, so it's hard to follow.  Were you answering Konane or Lotterybraker?

Sorry, I thought I clicked the "include quote" button.

I was responding to Raven, who described what  could be an effort to influence the timing of ball selection by the drawing host. 

It seems to me that it would be a good idea for the gate to be opened automatically  and randomly between some  minimum and maximum mixing time, though I don't think the reaction time of a host is likely to be good enough to have any intended influence.

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
        mississippi
        United States
        Member #34478
        March 3, 2006
        5903 Posts
        Posted: March 22, 2007, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

well..I live in a state that doesnt have a lottery and in my opinion there is NO NEED IN TESTING ANYTHING..WHY...why would you need to pretest anything for..really..Did whoever build the machines or computers are so sorry at their craftsmenship that a pre-test has to be done?..Are the People doing the lottery so stupid that a pre-test has to be done in case they mess up something?..NO.NO..NO..NO..NO..thats all bull crap..just remember..people dont do sh$t without a good reason to..those pre-test are designed to interupt all natural forming sequences..that is my opinon..LOL..they are in buisness to make money..not to give you an advantage to exploit..that gives me an idea...I am going to visit Texa's website and do a little experimenting to see if I can find anything that may prove my theory..LOL..hahaha or disprove it...

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

konane's avatar - wallace
          Atlanta, GA
          United States
          Member #1265
          March 13, 2003
          3333 Posts
          Posted: March 22, 2007, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

yeah..if they gave you the pre-test that would cool..then you could see if the numbers you have chosen to play for the future has/has not came out yet...with some of those big games having millions and millions of combinations..YEAH I WANT THOSE PRE-TEST numbers..I would think that would have to be considered public information and allowable to the public..seems like it anyway..or another way to look at it..you know you always here.."You ahve to wait til its your turn to win"..or some prfound statement like that..lol..well what if it was your turn to win and your numbers were in the pre-test..that set of numbers may not come back out again for 10,000 years..10,00 years is not that far off considering you may never see all of the pic 4 combinations in your lifetime..and that is only 10,000 combinations..

In most cases they're available upon written request, or you can go to the lottery office and view them since they are public information.  However since computers are so popular I wish all lotteries would put them online to be quickly reviewed.  FL used to have them quickly accessible but got lazy with the new site format.

Lotterybraker ..... Use the 'Law of Attraction' and visualize the winning drawing which is all you need.  Big Grin Angel

Good luck to everyone!

FEMA Region V Camp #21
            United States
            Member #520
            July 27, 2002
            5699 Posts
            Posted: March 22, 2007, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

As long as they weren't surrealistic artists...Big Grin

mississippi
              United States
              Member #34478
              March 3, 2006
              5903 Posts
              Posted: March 22, 2007, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

Lotterybraker ..... Use the 'Law of Attraction' and visualize the winning drawing which is all you need. 

Heh Konane..I have tried that a time or 2..made my head hurt...LOL

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

Honduras
                Member #20982
                August 29, 2005
                4715 Posts
                Posted: March 22, 2007, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

never....

"Laura Simpson from Great Lakes, Illinois deserves to be rich...."          "She is so rare...."

konane's avatar - wallace
                  Atlanta, GA
                  United States
                  Member #1265
                  March 13, 2003
                  3333 Posts
                  Posted: March 22, 2007, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

Lotterybraker ..... Use the 'Law of Attraction' and visualize the winning drawing which is all you need. 

Heh Konane..I have tried that a time or 2..made my head hurt...LOL

That just means you're onto something using "mental muscles" none of us normally use.  Try the Law of Attraction coupled with remote viewing.  Good luck!!!  Big Grin

Good luck to everyone!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                    Wandering Aimlessly
                    United States
                    Member #25360
                    November 5, 2005
                    4461 Posts
                    Posted: March 22, 2007, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

As long as they weren't surrealistic artists...Big Grin

Ladies, I'm available again. Linda K. won't see me anymore. The late night booty calls did me in.

In response, I was going to write something about Linda and ball selection, but this is a family web site.  Embarassed

mississippi
                      United States
                      Member #34478
                      March 3, 2006
                      5903 Posts
                      Posted: March 22, 2007, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

ok..take a look at this and tell me what all of you think about this..lets run a 0-9 sequence from febuary 15th forward..ok

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9..now look from Feb 15th through feb 23rd..ok..now if you start with combination 176 and move forward to feb. 21 5-3-9..you will see that digit number 2 is missing to complete the 0-9 sequence..if you look at the pretest numbers digit 2 showed there first so that makes you have to wait a little longer before you get that 2 because it already showed in the pre-test..imagine if that was a pair you were looking for..or 2 pair perhaps or 3 pair perhaps in the big games..so yes..eventhough  this is just a small sample of a small game with one digit..I believe it has serious ramifications on the games in general..just my opinion..

Fri, Feb 23, 20079-2-3
                      Thu, Feb 22, 20074-7-0
                      Wed, Feb 21, 20075-3-9
                      Tue, Feb 20, 20077-7-6
                      Mon, Feb 19, 20074-8-0
                      Sat, Feb 17, 20076-1-9
                      Fri, Feb 16, 20070-8-4
                      Thu, Feb 15, 20071-7-6

NOW HERE ARE THE PRE-TEST NUMBERS

02/17/2007Test# 1E*A33*A30*A31*FA34A38A37055
                       Test# 2 E* A33* A30* A31* F A34 A38 A37 9 6 1
                       Test# 3 E* A33* A30* A31* F A34 A38 A37 7 4 0
                       Test# 4 E* A33* A30* A31* F A34 A38 A37 2 3 0

mississippi
                        United States
                        Member #34478
                        March 3, 2006
                        5903 Posts
                        Posted: March 22, 2007, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

ok..take a look at this and tell me what all of you think about this..lets run a 0-9 sequence from febuary 15th forward..ok

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9..now look from Feb 15th through feb 23rd..ok..now if you start with combination 176 and move forward to feb. 21 5-3-9..you will see that digit number 2 is missing to complete the 0-9 sequence..if you look at the pretest numbers digit 2 showed there first so that makes you have to wait a little longer before you get that 2 because it already showed in the pre-test..imagine if that was a pair you were looking for..or 2 pair perhaps or 3 pair perhaps in the big games..so yes..eventhough  this is just a small sample of a small game with one digit..I believe it has serious ramifications on the games in general..just my opinion..

Fri, Feb 23, 20079-2-3
                        Thu, Feb 22, 20074-7-0
                        Wed, Feb 21, 20075-3-9
                        Tue, Feb 20, 20077-7-6
                        Mon, Feb 19, 20074-8-0
                        Sat, Feb 17, 20076-1-9
                        Fri, Feb 16, 20070-8-4
                        Thu, Feb 15, 20071-7-6

NOW HERE ARE THE PRE-TEST NUMBERS

02/17/2007Test# 1E*A33*A30*A31*FA34A38A37055
                         Test# 2 E* A33* A30* A31* F A34 A38 A37 9 6 1
                         Test# 3 E* A33* A30* A31* F A34 A38 A37 7 4 0
                         Test# 4 E* A33* A30* A31* F A34 A38 A37 2 3 0

I forgot to mention this was for Texas nite only

mississippi
                          United States
                          Member #34478
                          March 3, 2006
                          5903 Posts
                          Posted: March 22, 2007, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

Ladies, I'm available again. Linda K. won't see me anymore. The late night booty calls did me in.

In response, I was going to write something about Linda and ball selection, but this is a family web site.  Embarassed

hummm..wonder if that might be a Metaphor..lol

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                            United States
                            Member #520
                            July 27, 2002
                            5699 Posts
                            Posted: March 22, 2007, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

Lotterybraker, thanks for that feedback on TX pre-draws.

In summary, does it help or not for the draw in question or subsequent draws, in your opinion?

mississippi
                              United States
                              Member #34478
                              March 3, 2006
                              5903 Posts
                              Posted: March 22, 2007, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

Rick I would have to say it hurts..if you are looking for a certain digit..or pair and it shows in the pre-draw..all you can say is"I knew it was coming"..but you didnt get it because that draw doesnt even count..lol..which will make you wait a little longer to catch what you are looking for..I never even knew they pre-tested until I read it on here last year when I joined..I couldnt believe it..still cant..its not just I think they are messing up the natural forming sequence..its almost as if they might be looking for something..if they keep all them draws to themselves..then they have a advantage themself..they are more informed on what is due than you and me..because they have seen what has already came out that you havent seen..