Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 1:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

are you happy with YOUR state lottery?

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 10 years ago by JimmySand9.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

yes [ 19 ]  [48.72%]
no [ 20 ]  [51.28%]
Total Valid Votes [ 39 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: March 26, 2007, 7:57 am - IP Logged

i'm pretty content with tennessee......ball draws are a big reason.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: March 26, 2007, 8:03 am - IP Logged

if your not happy with your state list why....

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #1303
      March 27, 2003
      1508 Posts
      Posted: March 26, 2007, 8:08 am - IP Logged

if your not happy with your state list why....

Computerized drawings and no imagination as to prize tiers (like not offering frontpair-backpair etc)

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: March 26, 2007, 8:23 am - IP Logged

Too much tampering with the tube shufflng without revealing the rotation schedule, and pretests.

I don't care what anyone says about doing pretests to make sure the machine works properly. A machine is still capable of breaking down even after a test. No such animal as perpetual motion. And that's a fact. Well, until someone creates one in the future.

It's a scam and a bunch of hogwash. Them greedy bastards.

Like they don't pull in enough for so called "education" PHOOEY!

EAST COAST, USA
          United States
          Member #49428
          January 31, 2007
          553 Posts
          Posted: March 26, 2007, 8:23 am - IP Logged

Very Happy.

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #50273
            March 3, 2007
            348 Posts
            Posted: March 26, 2007, 8:44 am - IP Logged

I'm cool with New Jersey's Pick 6 but I think they should at least start the jackpot at 3.5 million instead of the paltry 2 million.  If they did that I think more people would play it.  With the Mega Millions always at least 12 million, why would you play the Pick 6?  I only play it when it is over 5 million.  I know the odds are better but if I won a pick 6 jackpot, i'd still have to work.  I want to win something I can retire off of.

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

California
              United States
              Member #46824
              October 1, 2006
              270 Posts
              Posted: March 26, 2007, 10:35 am - IP Logged

As I only play the larger jackpot games I like what the California Lottery has to offer.  Mega Millions and an in state game that starts at $7 million.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                Gurnee, Illinois
                United States
                Member #49731
                February 12, 2007
                917 Posts
                Posted: March 26, 2007, 10:41 am - IP Logged

I am not entirely happy with my state lottery...why if I happen to win Mega or Powerball, I will only play Powerball because of the Powerplay option.  Nor am I entirely dissatisfied with it either...even though the Illinois lotto starts at $2M, at least it increases at first by 250K, then 500K at a certain point, and then 1M or 2M when it gets over 13 or 14M.  Plus the cash value option is around 50 something percent (before taxes) of the advertised annuity jackpot amount (in Indiana, the jackpot starts at 1M and the cash value option is only about 40 percent and in Wisconsin, Megabucks also starts and stays at 1M for a few draws and increases only 100K or 200K at each rollover).  I don't play the other games (scratch ifs) Illinois offers.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                  Gurnee, Illinois
                  United States
                  Member #49731
                  February 12, 2007
                  917 Posts
                  Posted: March 26, 2007, 10:56 am - IP Logged

As I only play the larger jackpot games I like what the California Lottery has to offer.  Mega Millions and an in state game that starts at $7 million.

Now California is a state you've got to love...one hell of a in state game that I always play when I am out that way...AND Mega Millions (they just need to offer Mega ply like Texas to be the undisputed champ of lottery gamesHit With Stick!).  Plus retailers have to love the bonus payout of several hundred thousand dollars whereas in some states like Missouri ($100K) and Kansas ($10K)  for PB and Ohio ($40K) and Virginia, the retailer bonus is paltry instead of paramutiel (whoever wrote the rules for California's lottery was really thinking about providing clear incentives for more retailers to sell lottery tickets...or maybe it is just law in California).  I think I might take up truck driving just so I can play in California more often!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

derek7's avatar - speedykat
                    IL
                    United States
                    Member #34578
                    March 4, 2006
                    198 Posts
                    Posted: March 26, 2007, 11:46 am - IP Logged

I wish we had KENO in IL.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                      nashville
                      United States
                      Member #49896
                      February 18, 2007
                      1181 Posts
                      Posted: March 26, 2007, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

i wish tennessee would announce a raffle date but im pretty happy with the rest of the games

stephi's avatar - winifrid
                        rural lowcountry, south carolina
                        United States
                        Member #31677
                        February 2, 2006
                        196 Posts
                        Posted: March 26, 2007, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

I wish south carolina paid on front pair and back pair. Satisfied with everything else.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                          Member #14
                          November 9, 2001
                          31344 Posts
                          Posted: March 26, 2007, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

I wish south carolina paid on front pair and back pair. Satisfied with everything else.

same in ga.

love to nibble those micey feet.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            8360 Posts
                            Posted: March 26, 2007, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

Maryland Lottery

Without announcing anything they took away the tax free pay out on the bonus match 5 game. You get three boards for two bucks. Big whoop! When i questioned them about the tax they said it was a promotional deal that has ended.

Maryland sells scratch offs that benefit only the stadium authority. I feel they should divide the scratch games to help support the funding they need to repair the infrastructure we need all the plumbing replaced in Maryland under the streets. So they are raising the tax on our water bill.  They also claim they need money to foot a medical bill that will insure Marylanders without medical insurance. So they are raising the tax on cigarettes another buck this make 3 bucks in so many years. They need money for schools, teachers, fire, police and after school programs and library's so they are talking about raising taxes all around.

If the whole idea of having a state lottery to generate funds for the state just where is the money really going that supposedly went into the general fund. Last year the lottery reported 1 billion plus revenue. That according to them went unaudited by independent auditors.

Needless to say i have never heard one of the general funds holders ever announce they received money from the general fund and or how the money was disbursed. All we Marylanders hear is we don't have any money to run these departments.  

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
                              North Dakota
                              United States
                              Member #13397
                              April 5, 2005
                              1623 Posts
                              Posted: March 26, 2007, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

I'm happy with TN but they can do better!  Put lotto 5 as a daily draw.  Also add a Pick 6 lotto game.  TN players love lotto 5.  I think an instate pick 6 would only improve the lottery and increase sales.  (Most of the people I speak to say Powerball is nice but they would like to play a game where TN players win more often).

How are you going to win if you don't play?