Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

would you play in a jackpot pool

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 10 years ago by OldSchoolPa.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

would you play in a jackpot pool with other members here at lottery post?

yes [ 10 ]  [28.57%]
no [ 23 ]  [65.71%]
maybe but not sure [ 2 ]  [5.71%]
Total Valid Votes [ 35 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
A long and winding road
United States
Member #17084
June 10, 2005
4533 Posts
Posted: March 30, 2007, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

I took the question in the literal sense, so responded accordingly. Yes, given the chance to have three other members that I trusted from the forums in a lottery pool, Id be honored to share the winnings.

The problem as it appears is people take it and go hog wild with the simple poll. Its either you would or you wouldnt. That simple. No harm no foul in how one responds.

I entrust some of the solid ideas of some of the members in laying low afterwards and investing wisely. Keeping a level head is a KEY factor in choosing members in a pool. I think some folks here have such.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
    Magnolia, Delaware
    United States
    Member #18795
    July 20, 2005
    789 Posts
    Posted: March 31, 2007, 12:55 am - IP Logged

I say, any lottery pool of any kind (friends, family or co-workers) can't be a good pool! As everyone here knows, a jackpot (of any size) can and will bring out the worst in someone in that pool!

Sorry, it's a fact of life.

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8364 Posts
      Posted: March 31, 2007, 2:32 am - IP Logged

i only get in a lottery pool when the pot is at 200 million or above and only pools with 10 people or less.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        NASHVILLE, TENN
        United States
        Member #33372
        February 20, 2006
        1044 Posts
        Posted: March 31, 2007, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

would you join and play in a jackpot pool with other members here at lottery post for something like mega millions or powerball?

I would not object to joining a pool of like-minded players but I would not join a pool just to be joining a pool.

I would be cognizant of the many pitfalls inherent in a pool and would not join if any and all possible objections were not addressed.

There have been many instances of this sort of thing going to court after a major win.  I would not want to be a part of that.

So if the legal system can be avoided (as if that were possible!!) then count me in.

There are enough of us in Tennessee on this forum to form such a pool.  Are you considering organizing one?

Sunny California
          United States
          Member #40295
          May 31, 2006
          7712 Posts
          Posted: March 31, 2007, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

Since I don't swim, I don't care much for pools. Any kind, so nope!

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: April 1, 2007, 12:59 am - IP Logged

I say, any lottery pool of any kind (friends, family or co-workers) can't be a good pool! As everyone here knows, a jackpot (of any size) can and will bring out the worst in someone in that pool!

Sorry, it's a fact of life.

Well, given the fact that quite a few have been won lately with office pools (St. Louis, Arizona, Nebraska, Wisconsin, to name a few) evidentily there must be SOME good to being in an 'office pool'.....

The keyword is 'can', just as not being anonymous 'can' be a problem, but it doesn't have to be. 

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
              Member #24380
              October 21, 2005
              623 Posts
              Posted: April 1, 2007, 1:55 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19831 Posts
                Posted: April 2, 2007, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

I think  most LP members would be happy to participate in lottery pool with other members if someone else would picked up the cost.  After all many members post numbers for other to play everyday.

I suggest anyone interesting in starting such a pool post the rules, the limitations, the game and cover the cost themselves.  Maybe offer a small share of the winnings (maybe $2) to each participants if the pool win a jackpot or second prize, anything less they keep it all for themselves.  The participants get bragging rights and the person spending the money gets the prize.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                  Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11338 Posts
                  Posted: April 3, 2007, 7:03 am - IP Logged

Since I don't swim, I don't care much for pools. Any kind, so nope!

me neither!

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                    Gurnee, Illinois
                    United States
                    Member #49731
                    February 12, 2007
                    917 Posts
                    Posted: April 11, 2007, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

i only get in a lottery pool when the pot is at 200 million or above and only pools with 10 people or less.

My question is "WHY?"  The same goes for those who say they won't play if the jackpot is less than say $50 million AND they could afford to play every draw.  There have been times in the past where I purchased $50 worth of QPs for a then record Big Game drawing only to win a few bucks.  That result would not have been any different had I purchased those QPs as a part of a lottery pool.  For those who are on a tight budget, playing in a pool of say 10 or 20 people is probably attractive in that they figure they can individually spend $5 or $10 per draw and still have $50/$100 or $100/$200 worth of tickets in play that they share in any winnings...but when those tickets only match up for a $10,000 or even a $200,000 ($250,000 w/MM), I bet there are members of the pool who would be saying, "Man what I could have done with $10K or $250K!  So don't play in pools and hope that your $5 or $10 QP play matches the next drawing...then it will be all yours...no worry about taking a couple of months to form a partnership or trust...no worry about if you prefer to keep a low profile but the group doesn't...just play it by yourself in peace.  Way to go Ed Nabors and that NJ couple for not being a part of a lottery pool and for winning by purchasing QPs!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!