Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 8:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

would you pay 2 dollars for a ticket......

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 10 years ago by hypersoniq.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

would you pay 2 dollars for a ticket to play mega millions or powerball?

yes i would pay two bucks [ 16 ]  [33.33%]
no i would not pay two bucks [ 20 ]  [41.67%]
maybe [ 12 ]  [25.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 48 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
Harbinger
D.C./MD.
United States
Member #44103
July 30, 2006
5587 Posts
Posted: April 4, 2007, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

In MD. MultiMatch is $2 a play. Bonus Match 5 is $2.00 for three plays. In D.C. DCdaily6 is $1.00 FOR 2 plays. I don't play MultiMatch for that very reason, $2 a play for more lower tier prizes is a rip. I know MD. is probably disappointed with the response on Multi Match cause the pot grows so slowly. Nobody I know likes it, whadda gonna do? Don't play the $2 games, of course if no one plays them they'll go away. Power to the people! Viva la Revolucion!

Texas city,tx
    United States
    Member #50125
    February 26, 2007
    201 Posts
    Posted: April 4, 2007, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

we have that mega ply here in texas.it's worth it

United States
      Member #34266
      March 1, 2006
      188 Posts
      Posted: April 4, 2007, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

Hell no!!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10392 Posts
        Posted: April 4, 2007, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

I want to say no, but to be honest I probably just wouldn't play as often.

I live in a Mega Millions state and thus far this year of all my Mega Millions tickets (38) I've hit 14 numbers, of those 14, once it 1 = 1 for a screaming $3.

If you consider 6 numbers on each ticket as one huge ticket (counting the Mega as just another number) 38 X 6= 228. So that's one ticket with 228 numbers on it. 

14 for 228 = .061, not a real fantastic batting average.

All that considered, if tickets were $2 I'd just play less and wait fopr the higher jackpots probably.

I know people talk about systems and supposedly constantly hitting 2 and 3 numbers, but for on thing, the lotteries aren't sweating those kind of systems, and for another, let's face it, those chump change payoffs only go to buy more lottery tickets.

YMMV

(your mileage may vary) 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
          Member #1826
          July 11, 2003
          2645 Posts
          Posted: April 4, 2007, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

Depends on the game.

(insert signature here)

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #50273
            March 3, 2007
            348 Posts
            Posted: April 5, 2007, 2:50 am - IP Logged

I live in a Mega Millions state and thus far this year of all my Mega Millions tickets (38) I've hit 14 numbers, of those 14, once it 1 = 1 for a screaming $3.

If you consider 6 numbers on each ticket as one huge ticket (counting the Mega as just another number) 38 X 6= 228. So that's one ticket with 228 numbers on it. 

All that considered, if tickets were $2 I'd just play less and wait fopr the higher jackpots probably.

I know people talk about systems and supposedly constantly hitting 2 and 3 numbers, but for on thing, the lotteries aren't sweating those kind of systems, and for another, let's face it, those chump change payoffs only go to buy more lottery tickets.

YMMV

(your mileage may vary) 

Same here.

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #50273
              March 3, 2007
              348 Posts
              Posted: April 5, 2007, 2:51 am - IP Logged

YMMV

(your mileage may vary) 

Same here.

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
                Florence, Alabama
                United States
                Member #8658
                November 13, 2004
                1993 Posts
                Posted: April 5, 2007, 3:00 am - IP Logged

Let's recognize the $2.00 ticket for what it is: a blatant, obscene, and unjust attempt to extort twice the amount of money from a lottery player.

Suggestion: let's OUTLAW the $2.00 Cash 5 and Pick 6 ticket!

Ky has a new game starting this month that costs $2.00 to play and from what I've heard about it, I don't think it won't last long because it sounds easy to win prizes.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

Honduras
                  Member #20982
                  August 29, 2005
                  4715 Posts
                  Posted: April 5, 2007, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

No,I would not. We already have a lottery game here,The Daily Derby,that's $2 a ticket. Played it once but never again. For some reason you "feel" that extra buck you wasted when it's a loser. It's TWICE the disappointment! 

The Ca derby cost 2 dollars per line? Exactly!!!

I thought i replied to this post already by saying "never"....but i didn't read the part where is says Powerball and Mega Millions and i can't find the reply i posted...

If is mega million or powerball, i agree; is even more i feel they should raise MegaMillions And PowerBall to 2 dollars per ticket (despite that i don't like those games)..This way the jackpot will be big (and i mean the game is hard anyways)..Where i disagree is increasing the ticket of regular pick5 & pick6 to 2 dollars...

"I just saw one of them camouflaged...."            "Those eyes.........They dissappeared......"                   from movie "Predator 1"

Coastal Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #2653
                    October 30, 2003
                    1866 Posts
                    Posted: April 5, 2007, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

i agree greg.i'm afraid once they know they can do it they might start.

So......

Let's have lottery players post their answers on Lottery Post and make it easy for the lottery organizations to log on here and do some market research...

Everyone say Hell no !!    Wink

pigsNtrees's avatar - pigsNtrees
                      Mallorn trees of Lothlorien
                      United States
                      Member #26084
                      November 14, 2005
                      199 Posts
                      Posted: April 5, 2007, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

No. I already do that with the multiplier for MM. I play twice (about $4.00 a draw) a week for years now. If they were to raise the price to two dollars I would only buy tickets for large jackpots.

Quando Porca Volare!

drunk hobbit

NY
                        United States
                        Member #23835
                        October 16, 2005
                        3502 Posts
                        Posted: April 5, 2007, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

So......

Let's have lottery players post their answers on Lottery Post and make it easy for the lottery organizations to log on here and do some market research...

Everyone say Hell no !!    Wink

Even if they actually came here and paid attention it wouldn't do any good. Too many of you have already posted about buying multiple $20 tickets for raffles, so they know you'll spend more than another dollar on tickets. The only question is what they'd offer for the extra $1. Without knowing that the question is basically meaningless.

NY
                          United States
                          Member #23835
                          October 16, 2005
                          3502 Posts
                          Posted: April 5, 2007, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Let's recognize the $2.00 ticket for what it is: a blatant, obscene, and unjust attempt to extort twice the amount of money from a lottery player.

Suggestion: let's OUTLAW the $2.00 Cash 5 and Pick 6 ticket!

Maybe you didn't know, but buying lottery tickets is voluntary. If you think a $2 ticket is too expensive then don't buy any.

Honduras
                            Member #20982
                            August 29, 2005
                            4715 Posts
                            Posted: April 5, 2007, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

If they raise the ticket for MegaMillions or PowerBall to 2 dollars this would mean more money for schools and i am in for that...

I previously said that pick5, they should not raise the ticket, but i mean certain pick5....If a pick5 offers 20K or 40K, that's nothing...It is encouraging people to gamble...It doesn't even serve for a house and that after that someone could use it for investment and dream...The pick5 that i am in favor of is FL's Mega Money (even though they're not considered pick5's) because it starts at 500k and South Dakota's Wild Card2 because it increases 100K everytime someone doesn't hit it....IF a pick5 offers 250K and above I am in favor of it....

And if they raise the ticket to 2 dollars, I am certain you will SEE the jackpot GET 720 Million dollars & above..Why above? because people that could spend 100 dollars (like the contractor), might not buy 100 dollars worth of tickets that he would normally buy at 1 dollar each ticket..More people will spend less than 50 dollars on quick picks and more people will want to buy because is 720 Million & above...But i feel that the lottery should offer quick pick "at least" if they are going to raise the price... 

Basically i feel Pick6 & certain Pick5 (hybrids) (if they pay more than 250K) should be kept that way, for 1 dollar...

I can imagine the 5of5 + 0 of PB & MM paying 400K & 500K...And

"What they need to raise they don't raise"

"I just saw one of them camouflaged..."        "Those eyes.......They dissappeared...."         from movie "Predator 1" 

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                              Indiana
                              United States
                              Member #48725
                              January 7, 2007
                              1958 Posts
                              Posted: April 8, 2007, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

I would only play if all the prize amounts went up, as well as the minimum jackpot.

Gonna win.Big Smile