Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

where in the world would you live if you hit a jackpot?

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 10 years ago by purple*myrtle.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #10720
January 23, 2005
933 Posts
Posted: April 6, 2007, 12:23 am - IP Logged

I have a vision in my mind of the place I'd like us to live, but the problem is I'm not sure where it is, I only know what it would look like. Might be somewhere in PA. Anyplace but here where the population seems to double every other day. It took me 1/2 hour to travel 2 miles today. One thing is you don't necessarily have to win Lotto to live where you really want.

NOTE: sorry but it is not Janu. 20th, 2009. Giuliani would be giving his inaugural speech. George W. BUSH is still the President.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10353 Posts
    Posted: April 6, 2007, 1:08 am - IP Logged

For me it would be somewhere with cool summers, or no summers.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
      Member #5344
      June 30, 2004
      23641 Posts
      Posted: April 6, 2007, 9:53 am - IP Logged

love your signature tntea,i'll be glad when 1-20-09 hits also.bye bye bush.

Want to have a Bye Bye Bush Bash?

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: April 6, 2007, 10:36 am - IP Logged

love your signature tntea,i'll be glad when 1-20-09 hits also.bye bye bush.

+1

Can't wait to get that clown outta there, I hope whoever goes in is better, more in-touch with reality. 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10353 Posts
          Posted: April 6, 2007, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

Here you go follks, a little bit lengthy of a questionnaire and some info to fill in at the end, but tell it what size town, part of the country, waehter, and activities you like and it suggests where you should live:

Find your spot:

http://www.findyourspot.com 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

chippie's avatar - Lottery-064.jpg

Bahamas
            Member #31284
            January 27, 2006
            8962 Posts
            Posted: April 6, 2007, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

where in the world would you like to live if you hit a major jackpot in the millions of dollars?

i would like to live somewhere warm,safe and exciting.thought about maybe arizona.

I would relocate to one of our family islands called Freeport

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
              Member #50124
              February 26, 2007
              601 Posts
              Posted: April 6, 2007, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

Here you go follks, a little bit lengthy of a questionnaire and some info to fill in at the end, but tell it what size town, part of the country, waehter, and activities you like and it suggests where you should live:

Find your spot:

http://www.findyourspot.com 

Hey, thanks!  That's kinda cool.  It suggested a couple towns I was already considering like Sedona AZ.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: April 6, 2007, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

yep there will be bye bye bashes being thrown all over the states and probably the world too.....

does anyone here realize the rest of the world votes bush as one of the most dangerous dictators up on top of the list with the rulers of korea and iran?

starchild_45's avatar - spherewall2
                  kent, washington
                  United States
                  Member #3509
                  January 26, 2004
                  465 Posts
                  Posted: April 6, 2007, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

maintain tax status in washington but RV till they have to pry my hands from the wheel.

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3474 Posts
                    Posted: April 6, 2007, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

Somewhere with no state taxes like Tennessee.

Out of the US, it would be Canada

You could be in for a very unpleasant surprise if you did that.

Tennessee and New Hamshire are both well known for not having a state income tax despite the fact that both have a state income tax. The tax rates are 6 and 5% respectively, but it's limited to interest and dividend income. I don't know about anyone else, but if I was retired I'd expect a lot of my income to come from interest and dividends, so Tennessee and New Hampshire could be poor choices.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                      Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: April 6, 2007, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

You could be in for a very unpleasant surprise if you did that.

Tennessee and New Hamshire are both well known for not having a state income tax despite the fact that both have a state income tax. The tax rates are 6 and 5% respectively, but it's limited to interest and dividend income. I don't know about anyone else, but if I was retired I'd expect a lot of my income to come from interest and dividends, so Tennessee and New Hampshire could be poor choices.

I was going to write that, but I figured someone else would catch it.  I knew TN was similar to NH in the way they tax interest & dividends.  Although I haven't lived there in years, the property taxes are very high. 20 years ago I had a singlewide and my taxes were over $1,000.  I didn't even own the land so I never quite understood why that was considered to be "real property." I was once looking at homes in Harris County, TX and couldn't believe the property taxes, although you get a lot of house for the money.  This is a good link to use for tax rates.

http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/rate/ind_inc.html

As far as where I might live, I think we've been asked this many times before and I said it wouldn't matter as long as I could get some peace and quiet.  I'd like to be insulated without being isolated, if that makes any sense.  If I won in FL, I'd buy a home here to live part of the year, but I'd like to buy a log cabin with a mountain view in Western NC on a few wooded acres.  BTW, I already have it picked out. LOL    OMG!  Does that mean I'd become a snowbird and the FL locals would be making jokes about me like "If it's Season, why can't we shoot 'em?"

NBey6's avatar - pyramid
                        $$ Notaphilist $$

United States
                        Member #4290
                        April 9, 2004
                        16473 Posts
                        Posted: April 6, 2007, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

Alaska, Aruba or the Bahamas!!!

I am a money magnet. 

Clover Thumbs Up 

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                          Nova Scotia
                          Canada
                          Member #9934
                          December 27, 2004
                          884 Posts
                          Posted: April 6, 2007, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

I would have to travel around and find a place I like and settle there. Maybe Ireland.  Who knows?!

purple*myrtle's avatar - 60609
                            In God's wonderful Hands
                            Bahamas
                            Member #30078
                            January 11, 2006
                            328 Posts
                            Posted: April 6, 2007, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

"Come to the Bahamas ,there are seven hundred islands in the sun

We'll have real good time and lots of fun ...In the Bahamas there are seven hundred islands in the sun"

Big Smile

purple*myrtle