Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 9:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Jack W. On 20/20 Tonight

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 10 years ago by nobie23.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
Member #50124
February 26, 2007
601 Posts
Posted: April 6, 2007, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

But it's up against a new Numb3rs!  What to do, what to do!

md
    United States
    Member #14047
    April 20, 2005
    580 Posts
    Posted: April 6, 2007, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

This ought to be a very interesting segment.  Poor guy has $%^&*&^ his life all up in many regards.  I hope he and his wife can at least reconcile becuase they put to much into their marriage to let a Jackpot blow them out of the water.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1958 Posts
      Posted: April 6, 2007, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

Wow. I feel sorry for the guy.

Gonna win.Big Smile

md
        United States
        Member #14047
        April 20, 2005
        580 Posts
        Posted: April 6, 2007, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

nothing new wasrevealed in this interview!  Again, I hope he and hiswife of 44 yearscan reconcile!

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
          nashville
          United States
          Member #49896
          February 18, 2007
          1181 Posts
          Posted: April 6, 2007, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

i watched it and i do feel sorry for anyone who loses a member of their family to death but he should have tried tough love when he knew she was spending the money on drugs and he should have made her get a job and not given her anymore money and cars. i dont blame jack w for the death of jesse tribble because im from tennessee and they have discussed how jesse was already on drugs at 12 years old down here before he even starting dating jacks granddaughter so now jesses dad wants to blame it all on jack and thats not fair he as a parent should have done a better job when he knew his son was on drugs but he didnt care because he knew how close his son was to a millionaires family and he wanted the money. jesses dad said she was the expensive presents and he didnt like it at all but jesse was a minor and he could have stopped him from going up around jacks family if he really didnt like what his son was doing with the family. they have a pending lawsuit against jack right now and jack tried to pass the buck of blame by saying she was a responsible child and thats why he kept giving her money but if she overdosed how can he say she was responsible with the money? i dont think he wants to take any blame for any of it really but i also dont like to hear lottery winners say they wish they had torn up the ticket and never claimed it. id rather hear them say they wish they had given it all to a charity or given the ticket to someone else because you should help people in need instead of tearing it up...Rant

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5143 Posts
            Posted: April 6, 2007, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

Wow. I feel sorry for the guy.

Poll>>Poll>>Poll need ahhhhhhhhh POLL!!!!!!!!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LoviesChairCheersNo Pity!

DO YOU LUV..................................................JACK???????????????????????

DO YOU HATE..............................................JACK???????????????????????

DO YOU WORSHIP.....................................JACK???????????????????????

WHAT do YOU think ABOUT..................JACK$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

pigsNtrees's avatar - pigsNtrees
              Mallorn trees of Lothlorien
              United States
              Member #26084
              November 14, 2005
              199 Posts
              Posted: April 6, 2007, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Well that was a cautionary tale in indulgence. Most of the so called curse he brought upon himself. He over exposed himself in the media national and local. He never moved from his hometown from what I gathered on the show. It also made him a target for scammers who knew where to contact him. His high profile contributed those numerous lawsuits on his business. He showed no restraint on giving his granddaughter all that money she used on drugs. He knew that was where his money was going. Why oh why did he keep on giving it to her?

Quando Porca Volare!

drunk hobbit

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                Member #14
                November 9, 2001
                31541 Posts
                Posted: April 6, 2007, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

But it's up against a new Numb3rs!  What to do, what to do!

took me 1/2 second to decide - numbers won easily.

love to nibble those micey feet.

United States
                  Member #50124
                  February 26, 2007
                  601 Posts
                  Posted: April 6, 2007, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

took me 1/2 second to decide - numbers won easily.

I watched Jack and I'm sorry I did.  It was only 15 minutes, and nothing really new.  Except that I got to see in person what a sorry sob he is.  He blames everything on money and doesn't take responsibility that his own actions caused 99% of his problems.

Hopefully tonight's Numb3rs will rerun soon, cuz I feel cheated.  LOL

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                    Tennessee
                    United States
                    Member #7853
                    October 15, 2004
                    11338 Posts
                    Posted: April 6, 2007, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

same here emily.i had no interest in watching this millionaire make excuses.

United States
                      Member #50124
                      February 26, 2007
                      601 Posts
                      Posted: April 7, 2007, 12:01 am - IP Logged

Okay, I have to take back what I said about him being an sob.  I think the real problem is that he tried to buy everyone's love and when he found out that no matter how much money he doled out, it couldn't be done and he started drinking and other risky behaviors.  I still maintain he's dead wrong to blame it on the money.  This was his chance to take a good look at himself, but it looks like even the loss of his wife isn't going to make him pull his head out of his azz and take responsibility for what has happened in his life.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10391 Posts
                        Posted: April 7, 2007, 12:01 am - IP Logged

When he was talking about the 50,000 pieces of mail he got from people asking for money, he said, and you have to love this coming from someone who won over $300,000,000 on a lottery ticket:

"Everybody wants somethign for nothig."

And did you pay atttention folks? 50,000 pieces of mail from strangers.

Anyonre still saying they wouldn't stay anonymous, given the choice?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

csfb's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
                          Member #15309
                          May 13, 2005
                          307 Posts
                          Posted: April 7, 2007, 12:53 am - IP Logged

Okay, will watch 20/20 in a few minutes.  Good nite All.  It's 9:52 here in California.  20/20 comes on at 10 pm.  Smile

Sun Smiley             

pigsNtrees's avatar - pigsNtrees
                            Mallorn trees of Lothlorien
                            United States
                            Member #26084
                            November 14, 2005
                            199 Posts
                            Posted: April 7, 2007, 2:42 am - IP Logged

Hey did any of y'all catch it when he said my wife instead of my ex-wife? I thought that was kind of sweet. I've been married for almost 30 years and can't imagine what it must feel like to go through a divorce.

Quando Porca Volare!

drunk hobbit

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                              Member #13130
                              March 30, 2005
                              2171 Posts
                              Posted: April 7, 2007, 3:07 am - IP Logged

In a true show of all the class the media has to offer, right after J.W. said how he wished he had not won, etc., they went to a commercial break. During the break (in the Illinois market), they ran a commercial for a new set of scratch-off games. Roll Eyes

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                              Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.