Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Million Dollar Suggestion!

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 10 years ago by mylollipop.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
Member #24380
October 21, 2005
623 Posts
Posted: April 14, 2007, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

Mail/and or give one to 10 tickets to total strangers anonymously

I don't think you can mail lottery tickets, but maybe that's only across state lines.  I agree with RJOh since it would be better to donate the money to a local food bank or animal shelter, so you know you are truly helping people.  (animals are people too) 

Now you really have to be unselfish to give away Millions to a total stranger with no strings!!!

You aren't giving away millions, considering the odds.  However, I also see what you are suggesting in a different way.  Would someone be willing to buy tickets and simply give them away with no expectations?  What if one of those tickets is a multi-million dollar winner?  I thought about that for a few minutes, because I don't know how I'd feel if I bought a winner and gave it away to just anyone.  That "stranger" could turn out to be someone who is already very wealthy or maybe a pervert like a child molester.  Or the ticket would simply be thrown into the trash.  If I got a ticket in the mail, I would certainly question its authenticity. 

I don't have a lot, but I'll stick to dropping a can of food in the donation box at Publix after I buy my lottery tickets and keep the tickets! 

Smiley

I Agree!

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
    Member #24380
    October 21, 2005
    623 Posts
    Posted: April 14, 2007, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

Mail/and or give one to 10 tickets to total strangers anonymously

I don't think you can mail lottery tickets, but maybe that's only across state lines.  I agree with RJOh since it would be better to donate the money to a local food bank or animal shelter, so you know you are truly helping people.  (animals are people too) 

Now you really have to be unselfish to give away Millions to a total stranger with no strings!!!

You aren't giving away millions, considering the odds.  However, I also see what you are suggesting in a different way.  Would someone be willing to buy tickets and simply give them away with no expectations?  What if one of those tickets is a multi-million dollar winner?  I thought about that for a few minutes, because I don't know how I'd feel if I bought a winner and gave it away to just anyone.  That "stranger" could turn out to be someone who is already very wealthy or maybe a pervert like a child molester.  Or the ticket would simply be thrown into the trash.  If I got a ticket in the mail, I would certainly question its authenticity. 

I don't have a lot, but I'll stick to dropping a can of food in the donation box at Publix after I buy my lottery tickets and keep the tickets! 

Smiley

I Agree!