Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what was your most exciting lottery moment?

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 10 years ago by stavros.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
felinelover's avatar - nw elf4.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #2118
August 19, 2003
39 Posts
Posted: May 4, 2007, 5:08 am - IP Logged

Winning over $4800.00 8 weeks into when the Lotto started in FL almost 20 years ago.  Second had to be being only one of 10 people in FL last year to get all the 1st 4 megamoney numbers right about a year ago, that paid slightly over $900.00 - there was no jackpot winner. I think if I ever won a jackpot i would probably have a heart attack. I do not play the big games so much as I do Cash 3 and just seem to have runs of luck with that.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #1340
    April 6, 2003
    2450 Posts
    Posted: May 4, 2007, 5:44 am - IP Logged

up until last week it was winning $100 on the powerball for 3+1. Last week I played a number from a new spreadsheet I am working on and it hit straight PA eve. for $500. (2-1-5, won't forget that number :-)  ).

Hoping to refine and automate that system this weekend with some Visual Basic programming.

Was cool to have the clerk count out all that dough! Especially considering my systems are only one-line straight-shooters and it only cost me $1 to play... Now I am 3 days into a month long test of the system which adapts itself to all the games (currently playing pa Pick3eve/pick4eve/cash5/powerball... will cost $95.50 for the month long test, all paid for by last week's win)

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

United States
      Member #10438
      January 13, 2005
      431 Posts
      Posted: May 4, 2007, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

4 of 5 on mega mill  and if i didnt change 1 number  good grief still haunts meNo Pity!

lottobrain's avatar - box
        Smyrna, DE
        United States
        Member #10074
        January 1, 2005
        125 Posts
        Posted: May 4, 2007, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

First exciting moment:  1988: after being transferred to MD on a construction job and beginning my "lottery career"....playing a 20 number wheel off of a lotto program and getting 2 tickets with 5 of 6 for $1250 ea., missing the jackpot of $4mil on one of them by just one digit (34 instead of 35)

2nd exciting moment: 1996: picking one 3 digit number from my charts that I thought would hit that night and deciding not to combo the number for $1, but instead, to play it one way only for $10 straight and $1 box after a couple of things happened to make me think of  the number .....and having it drawn straight that night for $5,080.

3rd exciting moment: after 10 years of studying charts and picking many wheeled tickets in DE lotto, finally in 1998 I started using an 8 number wheel with 12 combinations that guaranteed at least one ticket with 5 numbers if 5 numbers were guessed right (about a 50% chance of hitting the jackpot if all 6 numbers appeared in the wheel.  I played 4 different sets of this system as at that time DE still had 2 plays for a $1. One Friday night it happened...... all 6 numbers in one wheel and 5 numbers in another wheel.  I was lucky enough to have the 6 of 6 jackpot ticket and 7 tickets with 5 numbers.  Now another 10 years have gone by and I'm hoping to get lucky again!

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
          adelaide sa
          Australia
          Member #37136
          April 11, 2006
          3300 Posts
          Posted: May 6, 2007, 8:50 am - IP Logged

no big wheel or anything, but while watching the draw on TV, i had the 1st 5 numbers of a pick 6, i can tell you waiting for that last ball to drop  took forever. only ended with a 5/6 win but still was most exciting time so far.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
            Member #9517
            December 10, 2004
            1272 Posts
            Posted: May 6, 2007, 10:24 am - IP Logged

Wininning more than 10,000 dollar in my own country's lottery was my most exciting lottery moment. Hope one day to win as much or even more in the future again.

los angeles
              United States
              Member #51827
              April 26, 2007
              31 Posts
              Posted: May 6, 2007, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

when jeff and i began working on our lottery documentary, he decided to try his luck and, for the the first time in his life, bought a $5 quck pick in the california lottery.  he won $52!

~sean 

CCHS13's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
                Illinois
                United States
                Member #46704
                September 23, 2006
                3692 Posts
                Posted: May 6, 2007, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

Illinois Little Lotto 4 out of 5, had several 3 out of 5's

and was hoping to skip the 4 out of 5 and go right to

the jackpot,  wishful thinking...

Or the time when all 5 of my Mega numbers were just 1 digit

off in numerical order

Men Lie Women Lie Numbers Dont

MetroPlex's avatar - 619631
                  Richmond, VA
                  United States
                  Member #5360
                  July 1, 2004
                  93 Posts
                  Posted: May 6, 2007, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

Winning $94.

I wish I could win more...who doesn't right?

MetroPLEX

Putting The Damage On.

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
                    North Dakota
                    United States
                    Member #13397
                    April 5, 2005
                    1623 Posts
                    Posted: May 7, 2007, 3:20 am - IP Logged

I won $500 in March from a FL scratch off.  However, that wasn't the most exciting moment.  The most exciting moment came in 2004 when watching the lotto 5 drawing.  I matched 4/5 and nearly lost it.  I was one number away from winning about $300,000.  However, I walked away with $120.  Not bad considering I only sent $1.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

china
                      United States
                      Member #50326
                      March 3, 2007
                      33 Posts
                      Posted: May 7, 2007, 7:48 am - IP Logged

I  won 5 out of 6 on the Classic Lotto 4 times.

Surge's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                        Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #46493
                        September 11, 2006
                        4173 Posts
                        Posted: May 7, 2007, 8:44 am - IP Logged

Hitting April 14, day before tax day for a straight P4.

Now that is awesome!  WTG Jarasan!!

Congrats to all the winners!!  Thumbs Up

I hit a straight the very first day I played.  But then again I didn't know what I was doing and played 40 combos straight and boxed for 50 cents.  My second "in store" win was for a cool $83. 

Great topic LOTTOMIKE... I love hearing everyone's stories.  I'm sure it puts the excitement back into playing the game for a lot of people... I know it does me. 

Keep it simple 

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5120 Posts
                          Posted: May 7, 2007, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

what was your most exciting lottery moment?  winning a bunch on a pick 4 ticket?  getting 5 out of 6?    almost hitting a powerball jackpot?

"U" really "KNOW">>>HOW

too "HURT" ah...

(JACKPOT.............PLAYer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..................MMMIIIKKKEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

PartyHit With StickThinking of...PokeBash

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                            Tennessee
                            United States
                            Member #7853
                            October 15, 2004
                            11338 Posts
                            Posted: May 25, 2007, 4:12 am - IP Logged

Now that is awesome!  WTG Jarasan!!

Congrats to all the winners!!  Thumbs Up

I hit a straight the very first day I played.  But then again I didn't know what I was doing and played 40 combos straight and boxed for 50 cents.  My second "in store" win was for a cool $83. 

Great topic LOTTOMIKE... I love hearing everyone's stories.  I'm sure it puts the excitement back into playing the game for a lot of people... I know it does me. 

thanks surge,

and jarasan those hits are the best ones and those are the ones you hit right before deadlines or bills are due.....

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                              Member #5344
                              June 30, 2004
                              23641 Posts
                              Posted: May 25, 2007, 9:37 am - IP Logged

Only a $790 win for me .. but had a line of customers playing the same number..

One Sunday at work, I had several custmers to ask me what I was playing, I told them 678.. They, too, bought a 678... they people behind them also wanted in... An older couple heard what was going on, and bought them one.  One man came up and told me I was wrong...  dead wrong.. that he didn't think that number was coming.  He bought a 50 box after getting the attention of all those who did play it..

I watched them flash the numbers and screamed when I saw the 678.. I then thought about that line of people I sold the tickets to.. I told the girl I was working with we need to get busy, we were going to have a long night paying out for all those winners.  The little couple who lived south Alabama stayed in store until drawing.. They collected before heading home.. They were so cute with their $790 each. The man who refused to play it st... didn't collect his $40 from us.. oh well..

The funniest and most rememberable moment in lotto, was when I pm a girl here with a GA number to find out she had blocked me from pm.

The number hit straight..  My hubby and I called that a $500 block...

She had cut her nose off to spite her face... I will never forget that one. That happened right here on LP>>.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44