Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery pool

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 10 years ago by st.germain.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
bob27's avatar - chakra man1.jpg
chicago
United States
Member #34162
February 28, 2006
315 Posts
Posted: May 4, 2007, 9:23 am - IP Logged

Hey folks.I would like to meet some people from chicago area,who are willing to try lottery pool.Also,i was thinking,if we here on lottery post website,could try it too.But the question is..who will buy tickets,and who will collect money..any ideas?

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: May 4, 2007, 11:06 am - IP Logged

Sorry, but it won't happen.

You are better off finding neighbors or co-workers.

What you want to do is a logistical nightmare. 

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
      Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5583 Posts
      Posted: May 4, 2007, 11:09 am - IP Logged

Nobody.

United States
        Member #10438
        January 13, 2005
        431 Posts
        Posted: May 4, 2007, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

once in a while family members get togher and wheel here 200 mill jacks  family is the only way i would do it

United States
          Member #38388
          April 28, 2006
          411 Posts
          Posted: May 4, 2007, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

Sorry, but it won't happen.

You are better off finding neighbors or co-workers.

What you want to do is a logistical nightmare. 

I Agree!and some.

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: May 4, 2007, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

Hey folks.I would like to meet some people from chicago area,who are willing to try lottery pool.Also,i was thinking,if we here on lottery post website,could try it too.But the question is..who will buy tickets,and who will collect money..any ideas?

Can I be the banker? Jester

chicago
              United States
              Member #34162
              February 28, 2006
              315 Posts
              Posted: May 4, 2007, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

guys,seriously now,,i am open for this..if we all could figure out,who buys tickets,,and who collect money,,we could really try this..can u imagine,,,,,players from lotterypost.com won  like 100+ million jackpot at mm? we all could put their info in here,as prove if we win,we get money,,or open provate website,and do this there..we all could create system,or something.i know its all about trust,,we never seen eachother,,but we can talk about it,,get some people and try it,,we all put our info here liek...i bla bla bla  joined  lottery pool from lotterypost.com...your info and staff,,and print it out as prove.

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5582 Posts
                Posted: May 4, 2007, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

OK! Seriously.....who are you going to trust?

Let's start with that, and systematically move to the next dillema...and so on....

I think that's a good one to start with, don't you think?....

Personally, I wouldn't send any money to anyone I've never met, because I can always be taken by someone who would show themselves as a very nice person, especially with the internet, and all the eyes reading this post, I can almost imagine someone already doing their homework, on how to make a quick buck. I'm not talking about true LP members, but the outside lurkers.

chicago
                  United States
                  Member #34162
                  February 28, 2006
                  315 Posts
                  Posted: May 4, 2007, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

Well.,,i can answer some part of it.,we can trust member,who are here for a while,and the way they talk.We could do it somehow thru lawyers,or something.2 years ago,i worked in village hall,and come up with idea to do lottery pool.I was maintenance there..and i work ther for 3 years..Those people know me only from work..and i was going thru each department collecting 1$ when mm jackpot hits over 150 milliion,,,i brought tickets,and they were kept in safe place in the building.I can say this right now..you could all trust me,if you will decide to do it.I just dont know how.All i know,is this website is a prove,to anyone who is willing to do it.This is why i want more people to read it,and come up with some ideas.If mm jackpot hits over 100+ millions,and we hit it,we all know we won,who took part in it.If i will be the one,who will buy tickets,you will all come to illinois,with prove from this website,and we collect money....i just wait for more ideas

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19822 Posts
                    Posted: May 5, 2007, 12:05 am - IP Logged

"Well.,,i can answer some part of it.,we can trust member,who are here for a while,and the way they talk."

The clerks in the stores where I buy my tickets talk very nice and some even say "good luck" after I buy my tickets.  I've seen them selling tickets at the same stores for several months but I wouldn't trust any of them to buy and check my lottery tickets for me.  What make you think any LP member would trust a stranger in Chicago more?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

chicago
                      United States
                      Member #34162
                      February 28, 2006
                      315 Posts
                      Posted: May 5, 2007, 12:23 am - IP Logged

I will say this again..i am nice guy,and everyone can trust me,that i know.I am just looking for a safest way to do it,so everyone will know,they gets money,no matter what.I said it already..everyone,who wants to take part in it,puts their info here as prove,,and print it out.We get get like up to 50  LP members,each 10$ and they try system.

United States
                        Member #17555
                        June 22, 2005
                        5582 Posts
                        Posted: May 5, 2007, 12:29 am - IP Logged

I will say this again..i am nice guy,and everyone can trust me,that i know.I am just looking for a safest way to do it,so everyone will know,they gets money,no matter what.I said it already..everyone,who wants to take part in it,puts their info here as prove,,and print it out.We get get like up to 50  LP members,each 10$ and they try system.

ROFL

You've got to be kidding right?

I'm a nice guy too...LOL

I think you're onto something Bob27.....

I'm sure you're a nice guy, but it's not enough in this day and age.

chicago
                          United States
                          Member #34162
                          February 28, 2006
                          315 Posts
                          Posted: May 5, 2007, 12:42 am - IP Logged

The reason,i come up with this idea is because i know,here is many smart members on this website,and we all could figure out good system,if we could join togheter,and try to win.I can bet,we could be all over the net,,if we do this,and win.I am just trying to figure out the way,the safest way for everyone,to be sure they gets money,if we hit that jackpot.

Lest say....you pacattack05,,buy those tickets,,,i send u my 10$,and we hit jackpot.I have prove from here..that i was one of those who took part in it,,i have a lawyer....and i call your state lottery,,and i go there with my prove,from this website,that i get part of the jackpot,so is other 50 lottery post members,who were on the list.

United States
                            Member #12495
                            March 15, 2005
                            76 Posts
                            Posted: May 5, 2007, 12:49 am - IP Logged

I am not in Chicago area.

I like the idea of lottery pool. When MM or PB is higher than 100 million, assuming each member will be satisfied if his/her share is more than 2 million, then 50 members play togeter will increase the chance for every member by 50 fold. Assuming each player play 10 bucks each draw, the odds of winning jackpot is 1 in 300,000 (win 2 million each), much better than 1 in 15,000,000 if one plays alone (win 100 million).

The chance of wining match 5 will become 1 in 8,000 (win $5,000 each), comparing to 1 in 400,000 when plays alone (win $250,000). I mentioned match 5 prize not because $5000 is a huge win, but to point out that a $5000 win could mean another 500 times of free play, bring the overall chance of jackpot to 1 in 600. Also, comparing the odds of JP when play in pool to the odds of match 5 when play alone, you can see that the odds are similar, but in pool you will win 2 million, alone you only win 0.2 million.

Good luck, bob27!

United States
                              Member #17555
                              June 22, 2005
                              5582 Posts
                              Posted: May 5, 2007, 12:56 am - IP Logged

The reason,i come up with this idea is because i know,here is many smart members on this website,and we all could figure out good system,if we could join togheter,and try to win.I can bet,we could be all over the net,,if we do this,and win.I am just trying to figure out the way,the safest way for everyone,to be sure they gets money,if we hit that jackpot.

Lest say....you pacattack05,,buy those tickets,,,i send u my 10$,and we hit jackpot.I have prove from here..that i was one of those who took part in it,,i have a lawyer....and i call your state lottery,,and i go there with my prove,from this website,that i get part of the jackpot,so is other 50 lottery post members,who were on the list.

I get your point, however, It hardly seems worth the effort. Hiring lawyers, secretaries, messengers, video conferences, signing enless paperwork, policing to make sure everyone is on the up and up, follow ups designated by people on a payroll, on and on.

Thanx, but I'll just take my chances with a trillion to one, all by myself....LOL