Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 8:34 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Bad News...Pumpi76

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 10 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: May 15, 2007, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

Guys, i've been told i have very high sugar levels and tomorrow i am taking a test to find out if i have diabetes (which i am praying i don't)...They are going to tell me like thursday or friday...And if i have diabetes i will have to exercise to loose weight and bring down my sugar level...I'll have to exercise every day or almost everyday and this is going to take a good part of my time...This would mean that i would not be able to log in to Lotterypost that often...Even if i don't have diabetes and have high blood sugar i'll still need to exercise heavily to try and bring down my weight...

And i am writing this because i'll like to apologize to the readers that read my posts in particular one named "Good Job Yesterday's Predictors" Post that i post/make every 20 days or so, because i will not be able to finish it or continue to track LP Predictors predictions/near-misses not now not in the future...And i feel bad because i really wanted to track LP predictor's predictions indefinately....I am not saying good bye to LP all i am saying is that i am going to take a lot of time off and i am going to work out a lot to try and bring my weight down...Guys i weigh a lot, not like extremelly a lot, not like 300 or 400 pounds but if i leave it like that i'll get there soon...I am 5'10 & I weigh 260 pounds...I need to lose 50-60 pounds...I was previously taking a medication that makes you gain a lot of weight...Plus i eat a lot...But i got rid of that medication....I still don't understand why i gain all this pounds, for all my life i've always eaten Twice a day plus a snack or sandwich at night and my step mother cooks 3 or 4 times a week...Well there's been some exceptions where i've eaten 3 times a day but they are very few times...And i have to really work out because my immunse system may be down: i've gotten 5 sinus infections in the last 8 months...

I bought me some pills to lose weight....And i am planning to eat only Salad for now on but still figuring how is going to work out since i can't place a big bowl of salad in the refrigerator for it to last me 4 days or so...what i can't leave is the Soda (sprite), or juice...I HAVE to have me 4 coups of juice every day....

I apologize for not been able to track LP predictors' Predictions guys...I'm really going to miss those predictions...

I think i might be able to log in at night but that's it...

"The Truth is Out There....."                    from movie "The X-Files"

Luminus's avatar - ouskuu

United States
    Member #51269
    April 3, 2007
    529 Posts
    Posted: May 16, 2007, 4:43 am - IP Logged

Guys, i've been told i have very high sugar levels and tomorrow i am taking a test to find out if i have diabetes (which i am praying i don't)...They are going to tell me like thursday or friday...And if i have diabetes i will have to exercise to loose weight and bring down my sugar level...I'll have to exercise every day or almost everyday and this is going to take a good part of my time...This would mean that i would not be able to log in to Lotterypost that often...Even if i don't have diabetes and have high blood sugar i'll still need to exercise heavily to try and bring down my weight...

And i am writing this because i'll like to apologize to the readers that read my posts in particular one named "Good Job Yesterday's Predictors" Post that i post/make every 20 days or so, because i will not be able to finish it or continue to track LP Predictors predictions/near-misses not now not in the future...And i feel bad because i really wanted to track LP predictor's predictions indefinately....I am not saying good bye to LP all i am saying is that i am going to take a lot of time off and i am going to work out a lot to try and bring my weight down...Guys i weigh a lot, not like extremelly a lot, not like 300 or 400 pounds but if i leave it like that i'll get there soon...I am 5'10 & I weigh 260 pounds...I need to lose 50-60 pounds...I was previously taking a medication that makes you gain a lot of weight...Plus i eat a lot...But i got rid of that medication....I still don't understand why i gain all this pounds, for all my life i've always eaten Twice a day plus a snack or sandwich at night and my step mother cooks 3 or 4 times a week...Well there's been some exceptions where i've eaten 3 times a day but they are very few times...And i have to really work out because my immunse system may be down: i've gotten 5 sinus infections in the last 8 months...

I bought me some pills to lose weight....And i am planning to eat only Salad for now on but still figuring how is going to work out since i can't place a big bowl of salad in the refrigerator for it to last me 4 days or so...what i can't leave is the Soda (sprite), or juice...I HAVE to have me 4 coups of juice every day....

I apologize for not been able to track LP predictors' Predictions guys...I'm really going to miss those predictions...

I think i might be able to log in at night but that's it...

"The Truth is Out There....."                    from movie "The X-Files"

Sorry to hear it.  Here's some tips on the weight thing, though:

1)      You're drinking 4 cups of juice a day at approximately 160 calories a pop (rough estimate). Stop!

2)      Don't buy anything with High Frutcose Corn Syrup in it.  That stuff is poison.

3)      Don’t eat whites (bread, pasta, etc.)  That stuff turns to sugar in your stomach.

4)      Weight loss pills are a scam.  Period.

5)      You gain all those pounds because you’re not burning away what you’ve put in.  You’re not even leveling off.  If you take in 2,000 calories a day and have a slow metabolism, then you need to burn away the surplus.

6)      Jump rope while you watch television, instead of sitting down and drinking Koolaid or whatever it is that you call sustenance.  Drink water.

Hope that helps.

angelm's avatar - anne
      richmond ky.
      United States
      Member #15877
      May 22, 2005
      8472 Posts
      Posted: May 16, 2007, 6:21 am - IP Logged

Blue Angel God bless-take care!

LottoChica23's avatar - Aquarius
        Fughedaboutit (NY)
        United States
        Member #8160
        October 26, 2004
        6777 Posts
        Posted: May 16, 2007, 8:04 am - IP Logged

I wish you the best with your situation Pumpi.

I think that a nutritionist can put you on the right track a far as your eating habits go. When people diet, one of the things they do is skip meals in an effort to lose weight. That's not good. When your body sees that you are holding out on the food, it holds on to the extra pounds as a reserve in anticipation of not receiving anymore fuel (food) in the near future.You must eat to keep the metabolism going. It's OK to eat, it's what you eat that you should take a look at. Luminus is on point with the sugar producing foods.

It boils down to lifestyle changes. Si se puede! (You can do it!)

Good Luck Yes Nod

Matrix Chart Instructions--> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/191818 

check out mysticwomyn Announcers --> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140695/673306

You can judge the integrity of a man by the way he treats those that can do nothing for him...Thumbs Up

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: May 16, 2007, 11:43 am - IP Logged

Thank you lottochica, luminus and angelm...YOu all have been great encouragement...thank you very much...

pumpi76

ToJo76*'s avatar - lottolion2
            Middle GA
            United States
            Member #42874
            July 9, 2006
            3912 Posts
            Posted: May 16, 2007, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

I wish you the best with your situation Pumpi.

I think that a nutritionist can put you on the right track a far as your eating habits go. When people diet, one of the things they do is skip meals in an effort to lose weight. That's not good. When your body sees that you are holding out on the food, it holds on to the extra pounds as a reserve in anticipation of not receiving anymore fuel (food) in the near future.You must eat to keep the metabolism going. It's OK to eat, it's what you eat that you should take a look at. Luminus is on point with the sugar producing foods.

It boils down to lifestyle changes. Si se puede! (You can do it!)

Good Luck Yes Nod

I totally agree.  By switching your drink to water alone, you will cut out so many empty calories.  And adding more movement to your routine will definitely help.  Even if it's as simple as getting more walking in at every opportunity.  You will be surprised at the difference it will make.  Skipping meals or starving yourself is not the key.  Moderation when it comes to eating is key and exercise or physical activity.  I pray that you do not have diabetes and that this is a wake up call for you.  Take care of yourself Pumpi76.  We want you nice and healthy and feeling good.

Wink

Happily embracing my abundance daily! Big Smile

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
              Clarksville
              United States
              Member #487
              July 15, 2002
              17638 Posts
              Posted: May 16, 2007, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

I have just decided to do the same thing..my weight is up a whole lot and 60 lbs for me would be a start.  I am drinking more water now but I haven't started the exercise part..I work so many hours now but hopefully, I will be able to start next Friday.  I will start by walking  8 blocks in one direction and 8 in the other.  It does not seem like much but I6 blocks is better than nothing..when I feel good, then I will walk one block and run one.  Hopefully some of this weight will come off.  I just want to lose something..if I do it right and lose a whole 10, then I am on my way.  I boil most of my food now and cut way back on the salt..sugar diabetes runs in my family so you can see how I am very alarmed about my weight.  One thing my doctor said ..eat 4-5 small meals instead of three regular meals, drink plenty of water, avoid sweets..and EXERCISE, EXERCISE. EXERCISE..but be sure to stretch first. 

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

Sunny California
                United States
                Member #40295
                May 31, 2006
                7713 Posts
                Posted: May 16, 2007, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Pumpi,God bless you. If you are able to buy one then I suggest you get yourself a treadmill. It's one of the best things I've ever purchased. So no matter what the weather is you will have no excuse not to exercise. And if you watch tv while doing it, time flies and you will have walked a mile or two in no time!

All great advice on here from the folks. Remember,you're never too young to implement any of these suggestions into your lifestyle. More water, more exercise, smaller healthier meals,those are the important things.

Kansas City, MO
                  United States
                  Member #50725
                  March 13, 2007
                  78 Posts
                  Posted: May 16, 2007, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

Pumpi,God bless you. If you are able to buy one then I suggest you get yourself a treadmill. It's one of the best things I've ever purchased. So no matter what the weather is you will have no excuse not to exercise. And if you watch tv while doing it, time flies and you will have walked a mile or two in no time!

All great advice on here from the folks. Remember,you're never too young to implement any of these suggestions into your lifestyle. More water, more exercise, smaller healthier meals,those are the important things.

All good advice! It would help greatly to drink the right kind of water. Try to drink alkaline water of at least 9.0ph. I have found great help with this water, losing 13 pounds in a little over a week. Try to find a Kangen water rep near you and they will supply you with enough water to find out if it will work for you. No risk!

Good luck

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: May 16, 2007, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

Hope for the best Pumpi.

I've lost about 6 or 7 pounds by just drinking water or unsweetened iced tea instead of soda, just in the past 2 and a half weeks. I still have one can of regular pepsi once a week.

After seeing myself on youtube, I had to do something....LOL For lunch I eat the Mcdonalds or Burger king's salad with grilled chicken with a light vinagrette dressing. I also bought a bottle of the real Hoodia which has a molecule that tricks your brain in thinking you're full. Absolutely all natural, with no stimulants whatsoever. It does work.

Good luck to you.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                      Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: May 16, 2007, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

Good luck, Pumpi.  You are in my thoughts.

There are different types of Diabetes.  One requires daily insulin and another can be controlled by diet and exercise. 

I don't have a weight problem, but I know the devastating effects sugary drinks and candy can have on someone's health.  I was brought up on sugar. It also causes muscle weakness and rots your teeth. Now I only drink water with my meals, but if you get bored you can always add natural flavors.  Sometimes I squeeze a lemon into my water before eating.  It assists with digestion.

Also, organic green tea is beneficial and might reduce blood sugar levels.  It contains some caffeine, so don't drink it at night.  Many people might disagree with me, but there has been clinical proof that cutting down on meat & dairy products can help diabetics.  Animal fat and fat from cheese products often raise cholesterol levels and blood pressure and can have an effect on how insulin reacts with your bloodstream. 

I know a woman with Type II who takes yoga twice a week and practices it at home, and her blood sugar has begun to stabilize.  As always, listen to your doctor(s) but also keep in mind that the medical world has limited knowledge of natural remedies and only benefits from keeping us ill.   

Good luck and let us know, okay?

Peace,

Nancy

Surge's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                        Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #46493
                        September 11, 2006
                        4177 Posts
                        Posted: May 16, 2007, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

My insulin production is naturally high, so I'm on a regimen with my physician.  I'm only allowed to eat carbs once every 3 days, other than that it's just protein and omega-3's. 

There is a really good supplement called Gymnema.  My doctor told me to get some, it's really cheap and works really well for me. 

Gymnema sylvestre:

Gymnema sylvestre (GS) is a woody climbing plant that grows in the tropical forests of central and southern India. The leaves are used in herbal medicine preparations. Gymnema sylvestre is known as "periploca of the woods" in English and mesbasringi (meaning "ram's horn") in Sanskrit. The leaves, when chewed, interfere with the ability to taste sweetness, which explains the Hindi name gurmar - "destroyer of sugar."
                        Plant constituents include two resins (one soluble in alcohol), gymnemic acids, saponins, stigmasterol, quercitol, and the amino acid derivatives betaine, choline and trimethylamine.
                        Gymnema sylvestre is a stomachic, diuretic, refrigerant, astringent, and tonic. It has been found to increase urine output and reduce hyperglycemia in both animal and human studies.
                        Gymnema sylvestre has been used in India for the treatment of diabetes for over 2,000 years. The primary application was for adult-onset diabetes, a condition for which it continues to be recommended today in India. The leaves were also used for stomach ailments, constipation, water retention, and liver disease.
                        Extracts of Gymnema sylvestre given to patients with type I diabetes on insulin therapy reduces insulin requirements and fasting blood sugar levels, and improves blood sugar control. In a study of type II diabetics, Gymnema sylvestre extract given along with oral hypoglycemic drugs was shown to improve blood sugar control and to either lead to discontinuation of the medicine or a significantly reduced dosage. Gymnema sylvestre is interesting to note that Gymnema sylvestre extract given to healthy volunteers does not produce any blood sugar-lowering, or hypoglycemic, effects.

Side Effects for Gymnema sylvestre:

There are no side effects listed at the time of writing this feature (3/2002). Only those which seem to be connected with hypoglycemia. Adverse effects reported to the FDA appear to be mainly blends containing Gymnema sylvestre targeted for weight loss or energy.

Good luck to you Pumpi.

All the best,

Surge

Keep it simple 

Honduras
                          Member #20982
                          August 29, 2005
                          4715 Posts
                          Posted: May 16, 2007, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

I can go without eating meat, but the hard part is the juice drink that i have to have me everyday...I've gone without drinking juice for 2 days, but not more than that...I was a vegetarian for 2 years long ago....Again the meat is no biggie i can go years without eating (and which i am planning to do) it is the juice that i feel i got to have..And is funny because i don't eat sweets, candy, chocolate or ice cream...I mean i don't know if is something wrong with my tongue maybe i am not brushing it right or hard enough...The juice is the problem, i feel like i have to have it specially more here in Panama that is hot..I try drinking water but is like it doesn't taste right...There are moments that i can drink a lot of water and there are moments that i don't...For example, in the morning or during the day i don't like drinking water but at night i drink  plenty of water (By the way the water here taste different than the water in the States)...The orange juice here in Panama do not taste the same as in the States, they are purely sugar and water...I get relief sometimes when i go to the store and i find the Tropicana orange juice there (the only orange juice that taste the same as in the states) (very seldom they got it)...For the past 2 months i've been eating chicken and sea food only...

Thanks jusxploring for the lemon in the water suggestion i never thought of it (what did you mean by additives to water?)...I am planning from this day on forward a change of lifestyle...From now on 'til eternity i am going to eat salad and only salad with fish (if God permits me and i am able to)...I mean eating salad only maybe with some sticks of chicken is the safest way to be miles away from the weight problem condition..Just eating salad only or been a vegetarian is like been rich: you don't have to worry about povery or bills ever in your life...

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                            Wandering Aimlessly
                            United States
                            Member #25360
                            November 5, 2005
                            4461 Posts
                            Posted: May 16, 2007, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Thanks jusxploring for the lemon in the water suggestion i never thought of it (what did you mean by additives to water?)...I am planning from this day on forward a change of lifestyle...From now on 'til eternity i am going to eat salad and only salad with fish (if God permits me and i am able to)...

To answer your question, Pumpi, I mean you can squeeze natural fruit into your water.  I wasn't talking about chemical additives.  However, if it turns out that you need to monitor your blood sugar carefully, I can't really suggest that to you, because even the lemon might have a negative effect. 

Maybe you should listen to others who have Diabetes, since I honestly don't usually pay much attention to my sugar intake, although I probably should.  I'm not a medical professional...I just have read quite a bit and have been to lots of different practitioners from the traditional doctor to the holistic healer.  In fact, once I was diagnosed with dangerously low blood sugar, but Hypoglycemia was a big "fad" back in the 80s.  It seemed like everyone I met was told they had it. 

Maybe my suggestion about the lemon wasn't too wise for someone on a diet. Lemon might make you feel hungrier!  Once I read a hint for people going to a wedding where there will be a lot of food which said to drink lemon juice on an empty stomach to get your gastric juices flowing.  I have to be careful about acid, however, since my stomach is a little sensitive.  I try to only take Vitamin C supplements in the ascorbate form, and I drink reduced acid orange juice, buffered with calcium, although the price of orange juice has gotten ridiculously high.  (twice as much as gasoline!) 

Our earth has become so mineral deficient that most of the food we eat doesn't have a lot of healthful nutrition left.  I often drink distilled water, so I add minerals, especially magnesium. Minerals can leave a very bitter aftertaste, but there are drinks like Emergen C that taste pretty good and many ionic mineral supplements with fruit flavoring.  Unfortunately, all supplements cost money.  My favorite liquid multi-vitamin, is so expensive that I stopped ordering it and am trying to swallow pills again by crushing them, but liquids are so much better for you since our bodies assimilate the nutrients a lot quicker. 

There is currently a lot of negative press about sucralose, but many people who diet and need to limit their sugar intake are told to drink beverages with Splenda, like Crystal Light.  I don't personally care for it, but I have a friend who won't live without it. 

Good luck at the doctor, Pumpi. 

Honduras
                              Member #20982
                              August 29, 2005
                              4715 Posts
                              Posted: May 16, 2007, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

The salad i'll be eating will be with Salad Dressing...And ONLY ITALIAN DRESSING...That's the only salad dressing i like...

One thing i don't like is red juice they tend to be too sweet, with the exception of cool-aid which you can prepare it to your own liking...

I am going to start my new life changing experience life-style as soon as i get rid of this sinus infection/cold i got....