Welcome Guest
You last visited December 13, 2017, 5:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NEW POLL: Have any of you met a lottery winner?

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 11 years ago by MissNYC.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Have you ever met a lottery winner?

YES [ 28 ]  [41.79%]
NO [ 39 ]  [58.21%]
Total Valid Votes [ 67 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
starchild_45's avatar - spherewall2
kent, washington
United States
Member #3509
January 26, 2004
465 Posts
Posted: May 21, 2007, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

i won a 1000 dollars once. i met myself and i thought i was a wonderful person. kind and genorous to people. a person i would love to be around all the time if i say so.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: May 23, 2007, 10:01 am - IP Logged

That's a bit sucky of her to tell you that then not follow through. 

The clerk that sells me my winning PowerBall ticket is gonna get real lucky cuz I will give a big check and a gift basket full of gift cards and other goodies when I win the big one.  And I WILL follow through with that, I promise!  If he/she was decent to me when I bought the ticket, that is.  If he/she was snotty or something, I think I'd donate the money to charity in their name.  Make sure they know they blew their chance.  Wink

People promise us lots of things.. We just tell them a pot of flowers to show in store would be most appropriate... Yet to see the flowers..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
      Member #28409
      December 15, 2005
      1198 Posts
      Posted: May 24, 2007, 9:00 am - IP Logged

i won a 1000 dollars once. i met myself and i thought i was a wonderful person. kind and genorous to people. a person i would love to be around all the time if i say so.

Green laugh

yes, I have. TWO powerball winners in ky. The first one, won a long time ago when I was in middle school. The couple's son, who was rather ugly, was constantly asking me to marry him. (Yeah, he was nuts. Crazy ) Their life changed dramatically. The kind of change that makes you feel all good inside. I loved it. I remember seeing him driving a candy apple red corvette through town with pride all over his face, when, before, he was lucky to have money to eat at school and I felt sorry for him. And no, it didn't make me want to go out with him afterwards. But I was so happy to hear the news. I was so happy for him and his family. The other, an elderly couple won a little later when I was at an all time low in my life. Their life didn't change that much that I could tell. And they were generous with their family. Get this, their children lived in a trailer park while they were having their house built. I know, because I lived right across the street from them. (also waiting to get a house put up.) They weren't exactly the kind of people I hang around to begin with, though. Our kids played together, but theirs were, well, brats. Another, a 10,000 dollar winner in ky from a scratch off ticket she bought while out getting some milk. Her life changed none at all. In fact, I can't tell that she done anything with the money at all. One of the raffle winners in Harlan, KY was probably a relative of mine, seeing as how I am related to almost everyone there. So, in a way, I can say I know them. I do get the chance to meet up with everyone from there ever so often at a family reunion. But they are so distant, it doesn't make a difference to me. Harlan people live in a world of their own. It's like stepping back about 50 years or more. In fact, nothing has changed there in over the 37 years that I have been alive. But so far, I haven't been notified of any relatives winning. That sort of thing is probably the only thing they will keep secret.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

United States
        Member #4914
        June 3, 2004
        39 Posts
        Posted: May 27, 2007, 12:55 am - IP Logged

my husband met a man who won millions,don't know which lottery. he was a guy at works brother-in law. they all went fishing together.. my husband said he wanted them to buy him beer. he was a cheapskate... 

the guy at work said he didn't  give his family any money,not that he had to,or his wifes family.

i might give them a little(my family and my husbands) if i would ever win,but tell them that's all their getting ,so don't ask for more.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          20147 Posts
          Posted: May 28, 2007, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

People promise us lots of things.. We just tell them a pot of flowers to show in store would be most appropriate... Yet to see the flowers..

I never promise clerks anything because I am not their friend, I'm a customer.  I pay for my lottery tickets like the guys buying gas, cigarettes or beer.  My personal business is none of their concern even when they cash in my winning tickets.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning one * 

Evil Looking       

joyjoy8's avatar - friends
            Houston Texas
            United States
            Member #371
            November 30, 2000
            587 Posts
            Posted: May 28, 2007, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

I was involved in a lottery pool. There was 10 of us and we would put up $25  each . Once we ran our numbers at our corner store. A friend waited patiently for our numbers to complete and she bought the next five quick picks. The winning ticket was the third ticket she purchased. I only saw her two times after her win, she moved out of the neighborhood!!!!..................................................Joy

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
              nashville
              United States
              Member #49896
              February 18, 2007
              1181 Posts
              Posted: May 28, 2007, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

I was involved in a lottery pool. There was 10 of us and we would put up $25  each . Once we ran our numbers at our corner store. A friend waited patiently for our numbers to complete and she bought the next five quick picks. The winning ticket was the third ticket she purchased. I only saw her two times after her win, she moved out of the neighborhood!!!!..................................................Joy

how much did she win?

MissNYC's avatar - diva
                Westchester, New York
                United States
                Member #49345
                January 27, 2007
                168 Posts
                Posted: June 2, 2007, 10:36 am - IP Logged

I new a guy who's dad won about 15 mil in the early 90s. After taxes, and too much fun in Atlantic City, he ended up with about 1/4 of what he should have. So stupid! Anyhow, the kid I knew is currently awaiting trial for an illegal gambling ring, and the dad invested in a few businesses, but nothing too exciting. What a waste!

"If you just keep believing, that dream that you wish will come true"

Bed