Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 7:51 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

no more lottery

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 10 years ago by love2005.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
love2005's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
Member #9727
December 18, 2004
964 Posts
Posted: June 18, 2007, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

im not playing lottery no more it eats up my money and i was mad because i did not win. but im going on a budget and i need a job and i tired to ask for money  from any one also i need to have my own money to spend on bills and other things too.  im only 35 years old right now.i have many more years to change my life but its hard to do.

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
    Member #50124
    February 26, 2007
    601 Posts
    Posted: June 18, 2007, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

It suks not having enough $$$ to play like you'd like to, I know from experience.  I have to budget also.  But I keep playing because that's the only hope I have of being wealthy.  Instead of entertainment like movies or magazines or such, I spend my extra money on lottery cuz I need something to think positive about, something to dream about.  It's only about $5 per week, maybe more if I win a little, but that's enough to improve my mental health.  Wink

Canada
      Member #52982
      June 18, 2007
      1 Posts
      Posted: June 18, 2007, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

Hi all Im new here.

It is good not to spend more than what you can afford but also you know the saying you can't win if you don't play.

Just one ticket lets you win :)

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10392 Posts
        Posted: June 18, 2007, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

love2005

"im not playing lottery no more it eats up my money and i was mad because i did not win."

You can't be serious about being mad because you didn't win. 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
          PA
          United States
          Member #22983
          October 6, 2005
          2226 Posts
          Posted: June 18, 2007, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

I am 33 and also have had my share of "over-spending." I try to stick to a budget monthly, and it is hard; especially when hefty jackpots tend to sway you. I also went through the "giving up" stages, but I am glad I did not give up because my Big 4 win was just around the corner. $2,600)

I won it by playing ONE ticket with a number I played for years, and that day was finally the day. I used to play 5-10 tickets at a time, and matched all except one number on many, and straight which made the pain worse. The problem I always have had is that I cannot actually afford to play the lottery, but I also cannot afford not to.

In my situation it is the ONLY thing that will allow me to live the way I want to live, which is actually very modest by most people's standards. So I just stick it out. You have to figure that if you saved all the money you spend on the lottery, it might take you 30 years to save $30,000. that is it not going to provide me with adequate housing and financial security, not to mention it will 30 years from now.

So I am willing to risk for a chance at millions, to live NOW as well as I possibly can, and while I am young. Like I said, the money I spend on the lottery is not life-changing money regardless, but that little bit of money CAN bring my that life-changing money in an instant. But you always have to be in to win, otherwise you will be a definite loser for sure. Pay a dollar though, and you just never know...Just something to ponder.

The best thing you can do is create a modest budget, or save up to play big when the jackpots are large enough. My budget is somewhere between$30-$50 per month. I wish I could spend more, but I just cannot afford to do so. If I could, I would not be playing the lottery. I like to play a lot of tickets, and then be able to get a few here and there when I want to.

The lottery can be very discouraging, but I am willing to keep playing until my day comes, and the BIG payoff along with it. Because if you hang on to every little dollar you have, you will also be hanging on to poverty the rest of life. No risk, no reward...

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
            Member #9517
            December 10, 2004
            1281 Posts
            Posted: June 18, 2007, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

Don't gamble with money you can't afford to lose. Seems like you have understood that already.

Settle with playing 1 or 2 lines a week. Perhaps it's enough to win in the future? That way you're still in it without bankrupting yourself.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
              Member #41383
              June 16, 2006
              1969 Posts
              Posted: June 18, 2007, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

If you are asking others for money so you can play the lottery then you do have (had) a problem.

Glad to see you are giving it up. It will still be here if and when you come back. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19903 Posts
                Posted: June 18, 2007, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

im not playing lottery no more it eats up my money and i was mad because i did not win. but im going on a budget and i need a job and i tired to ask for money  from any one also i need to have my own money to spend on bills and other things too.  im only 35 years old right now.i have many more years to change my life but its hard to do.

Getting a job and having their own money and not asking others for their is the dream of most teenagers, where have you been the last 20 years?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Brazil
                  Member #51781
                  April 24, 2007
                  384 Posts
                  Posted: June 18, 2007, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

Yes, it is a problem without a job.

But what's about playing the lottery in FREE sites ? This site is a example of a free gaming.  If you wanted some bucks there is other sites that could offer a reward for correct picks. I don't know how reliable their are , there is for Mega Millions numbers , New York Lotto , Florida ...

PA
                    United States
                    Member #22983
                    October 6, 2005
                    2226 Posts
                    Posted: June 18, 2007, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

I doubt I would ever put the lottery out completely, as that is the best financial security and free time to enjoy it, that you will ever come across besides some type of inheritance. Even a dollar a month is better than nothing. People have, and continue to win millions with ONE dollar.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                      Member #14
                      November 9, 2001
                      31552 Posts
                      Posted: June 18, 2007, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

I doubt I would ever put the lottery out completely, as that is the best financial security and free time to enjoy it, that you will ever come across besides some type of inheritance. Even a dollar a month is better than nothing. People have, and continue to win millions with ONE dollar.

You're most likely playing with your own money.    This person is not. 

love to nibble those micey feet.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                        Wandering Aimlessly
                        United States
                        Member #25360
                        November 5, 2005
                        4461 Posts
                        Posted: June 18, 2007, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

"im only 35 years old right now.i have many more years to change my life but its hard to do."

Yes, a very wise statement indeed.  It's never too late, at any age. 

"I doubt I would ever put the lottery out completely"

I agree with you to a point, since I've been out of work & broke and still continued playing, but I had a little savings tucked away.  Emily is right -- you should never borrow money to gamble.

PA
                          United States
                          Member #22983
                          October 6, 2005
                          2226 Posts
                          Posted: June 18, 2007, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

I very rarely ever borrowed money period, let alone for the lottery. That could get you in a lot of trouble later, especially if you win. I think most people always find it hard to part with their hard earned money, especially when it comes to gambling. I know I hate to lose it to the lottery. However when I do win I will not be thinking about those losses that will pale in comparison to the drastic new lifestyle that I have envisioned for so long.

The financial security of knowing that money and bills is not an issue anymore, would be great enough in itself. The free time to enjoy it would also be HUGE. I would love to live the lifestyle of a celebrity, minus the fame and media. But I am not picky about that as long as I have the essentials in life to build off of.

PA
                            United States
                            Member #22983
                            October 6, 2005
                            2226 Posts
                            Posted: June 18, 2007, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

"im only 35 years old right now.i have many more years to change my life but its hard to do."

Yes, a very wise statement indeed.  It's never too late, at any age. 

"I doubt I would ever put the lottery out completely"

I agree with you to a point, since I've been out of work & broke and still continued playing, but I had a little savings tucked away.  Emily is right -- you should never borrow money to gamble.

Reminds me of the stories such as David Edwards who was flat broke, needed surgery, and only had like $7.00 to his name. He risked playing all of it on the powerball, and won something like $45 million. Although I doubt I would be that drastic, it just goes to show that you never know. Sometimes Faith does very amazing things.

If I was out of work I definitely would take a cut in my lotto spending, but I would always try to play at least a few times a month. Sometimes things seem to arrive when you are most in need, partly because of how strong your "emotional desire" is.

Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
                              Lotto City, Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #36256
                              March 30, 2006
                              1472 Posts
                              Posted: June 18, 2007, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

If you get mad because you don't win, then you shouldn't gamble. In every lottery game, the odds are always AGAINST you.