Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

no more lottery

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 9 years ago by love2005.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
Member #14
November 9, 2001
31347 Posts
Posted: June 18, 2007, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

Reminds me of the stories such as David Edwards who was flat broke, needed surgery, and only had like $7.00 to his name. He risked playing all of it on the powerball, and won something like $45 million. Although I doubt I would be that drastic, it just goes to show that you never know. Sometimes Faith does very amazing things.

If I was out of work I definitely would take a cut in my lotto spending, but I would always try to play at least a few times a month. Sometimes things seem to arrive when you are most in need, partly because of how strong your "emotional desire" is.

True.  I Agree!

love to nibble those micey feet.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    PA
    United States
    Member #22983
    October 6, 2005
    2226 Posts
    Posted: June 18, 2007, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

You will be even more angry when it is "your" money you lose someday. Mad

Thoth's avatar - binary
      Findlay, Ohio
      United States
      Member #4855
      May 28, 2004
      400 Posts
      Posted: June 19, 2007, 12:04 am - IP Logged

Getting a job and having their own money and not asking others for their is the dream of most teenagers, where have you been the last 20 years?

RJOH.........LOL - LOL LMFAO!

Not trying to be mean, love2005,  but why play when you don't even have a job to begin with?   Even with the odds of the easiest games, they are not worth the risk of spending a dollar you can't afford to lose.

~Probability=Odds in Motion~

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49725 Posts
        Posted: June 19, 2007, 12:37 am - IP Logged

im not playing lottery no more it eats up my money and i was mad because i did not win. but im going on a budget and i need a job and i tired to ask for money  from any one also i need to have my own money to spend on bills and other things too.  im only 35 years old right now.i have many more years to change my life but its hard to do.

Sounds like you're in need of a Personal Development Plan.

When one fails to plan, one plans to fail.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

csfb's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
          Member #15309
          May 13, 2005
          307 Posts
          Posted: June 19, 2007, 6:43 am - IP Logged

You say you're "only 35".  Man, better get going.  You don't have all day!  Castanza, yes, that character in Seinfeld.  I'm reminded of him.

Here's what I would do:

!.  Have a Goal -  written, definite, attainable and quantifiable in dollar and cents. (For example, Will buy a $300,000 1 bedroom condo in Burbank, CA)

2.  Plan of Action - written and definite (Attend seminar on how to purchase a home, read on how to get financing, get a job, save for costs and fees, etc, etc, etc.)

3.  Deadline - written and definite (For example,  1 year from today, June 19, 2008 )

GOOD LUCK.

P.s  Buy a ticket Guitaronce in a while.  That illusive pot of gold may be there for you.

Sun Smiley             

United Kingdom
            Member #31295
            January 27, 2006
            73 Posts
            Posted: June 19, 2007, 8:22 am - IP Logged

im not playing lottery no more it eats up my money and i was mad because i did not win. but im going on a budget and i need a job and i tired to ask for money  from any one also i need to have my own money to spend on bills and other things too.  im only 35 years old right now.i have many more years to change my life but its hard to do.

Don't rule it out the lottery completely.

1) Adopt a strategy for playing a game.

2) Play a game infrequently - maybe once or twice a month.

3) Do not spend huge amounts of money per draw - no more than $10 per draw.

I landed 4 out of 6/49 last saturday and doubled the money I had lost the previous week.

Morrison, IL
              United States
              Member #4657
              May 13, 2004
              1884 Posts
              Posted: June 19, 2007, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

I used to play every Mega Millions and Powerball draw, but now I only play Mega Millions if the millions digit in the advertised (annuity) jackpot matches the ones digit in the date. As has been the case before, the size of the jackpot does not matter to me, since any MM jackpot won would probably be more money than I'd see in my lifetime. For instance, tonight's MM advertised jackpot is $55 million, and the dates after last Friday were the 16, 17, 18, and 19 (today).   Since none of those days ended in "5" I did not buy a ticket for tonight. However, since last Friday's jackpot was $45 million and that day was the 15, I did play. Since I play quick picks, it doesn't really make a difference to me if I skip a draw or not. The only situation which warrants being in every draw is if you play the same numbers every time. If you think about it, playing only certain draws instead of every draw does not decrease your chances of winning the jackpot by much, since the odds are seriously against you.

United States
                Member #10720
                January 23, 2005
                933 Posts
                Posted: June 19, 2007, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

Probably only way I quit playing is if/when I win $500K or more. I would then share my technology. One way to substitute actual play is to play "virtually" in other States that you wouldn't have been able to go to anyway, or better yet put up your predictions so others may benefit. I only get angry if I don't win if I discarded or didn't play a # that turns out to win. The little bit of jealousy when someone else wins big makes me want to try a little harder and try to improve my algorithms. If I am feeling down then I don't care and that's when I don't enjoy playing as much. I always make sure I use the winnings no matter how small to buy something I need or want and I have backtesters in my prg. to tell me if I can make profit with any of my systems. The only other alternative for me would be the stock market. The other thing that might make me quit is if they either went all RNG or forced QP.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                  Member #14
                  November 9, 2001
                  31347 Posts
                  Posted: June 19, 2007, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

You say you're "only 35".  Man, better get going.  You don't have all day!  Castanza, yes, that character in Seinfeld.  I'm reminded of him.

Here's what I would do:

!.  Have a Goal -  written, definite, attainable and quantifiable in dollar and cents. (For example, Will buy a $300,000 1 bedroom condo in Burbank, CA)

2.  Plan of Action - written and definite (Attend seminar on how to purchase a home, read on how to get financing, get a job, save for costs and fees, etc, etc, etc.)

3.  Deadline - written and definite (For example,  1 year from today, June 19, 2008 )

GOOD LUCK.

P.s  Buy a ticket Guitaronce in a while.  That illusive pot of gold may be there for you.

Excellent.  I would add - while doing all the above get a part-time job so you have some spending cash.

love to nibble those micey feet.

love2005's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
                    Member #9727
                    December 18, 2004
                    964 Posts
                    Posted: June 20, 2007, 8:22 am - IP Logged

Excellent.  I would add - while doing all the above get a part-time job so you have some spending cash.

i tryed to get a job  but no one wants me right now. i want agood job and i do not need to stress about it . if i quit the job because the people that i work with they will get me alot of stress. but i want to work the best possibility in my life. im a hard worker and i do not need some one to used me to get what they want or need. i do not want some one to tell me something and then tell another when they doing wrong. i tries todo right in my life.

Australia
                      Member #53018
                      June 20, 2007
                      32 Posts
                      Posted: June 20, 2007, 10:44 am - IP Logged

hi guys, i was just reading the post and i have just signed up to the forums but i have never used a forum before so i might need some guidence. i assume you are speaking of the lotteries in the usa. after reading all the post it got me thinking that i might have a perfect solution for you depending. i am not sure what i can and can't say on a forum so if you can send me a message i can tell u more. i dont want to break any rules. but i will tell u this i hope its ok. my part time job is getting paid to play.Banana

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                        Member #4877
                        May 30, 2004
                        5120 Posts
                        Posted: June 21, 2007, 12:12 am - IP Logged

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I Agree!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"GO on a LOTTERY DIET"<<<<<<<

BedThudSurrender.................save money for a "PARTY"!!!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                          Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: June 21, 2007, 1:11 am - IP Logged

love2005...it says 'your mad because you did not win'......what do you expect a 35 million dollar jackpot to just fall in your lap?  you think its just simple that you hope really hard and then you get millions of dollars?  this cold,hard world don't operate like that.if it did we would all have mansions and drive BMW'S and everyone would be drinking and dancing in the streets.you made a wrong turn,this ain't utopia.

United States
                            Member #15309
                            May 13, 2005
                            307 Posts
                            Posted: June 21, 2007, 2:34 am - IP Logged

Very well said, Lottomike.  And I totally agree.

Sun Smiley             

United States
                              Member #15309
                              May 13, 2005
                              307 Posts
                              Posted: June 21, 2007, 2:49 am - IP Logged

i tryed to get a job  but no one wants me right now. i want agood job and i do not need to stress about it . if i quit the job because the people that i work with they will get me alot of stress. but i want to work the best possibility in my life. im a hard worker and i do not need some one to used me to get what they want or need. i do not want some one to tell me something and then tell another when they doing wrong. i tries todo right in my life.

JOB -  that is actually the most vital part of reaching one's goal.  That is why I included it under #2,  Plan of Action... get a job. 

From reading your post, it is apparent to me that you need to overhaul your MIND-SET.

Sun Smiley