Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who Is Really Going To Teach You How To Win??

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Stack47.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Sunny California
United States
Member #40295
May 31, 2006
7712 Posts
Posted: June 25, 2007, 11:06 am - IP Logged

There's plenty of guidance out there but in the end you teach yourself.

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
    LAS VEGAS
    United States
    Member #47729
    November 22, 2006
    4494 Posts
    Posted: June 27, 2007, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

AMEN to that lottolaughs-

It's been said in ancient scriptures that no one can really teach you what you have to learn; we must uncover meaningful truths by outselves.

Peace & Prosperity Wishes,

EddessaKnight Sun Smiley

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1953 Posts
      Posted: June 27, 2007, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

I'll teach myself.

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19823 Posts
        Posted: June 28, 2007, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

I'll teach myself.

We all are teaching ourselves, but are we learning how to win or even improve our odds of winning?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
          Indiana
          United States
          Member #48725
          January 7, 2007
          1953 Posts
          Posted: June 28, 2007, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

We all are teaching ourselves, but are we learning how to win or even improve our odds of winning?

Of course.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7298 Posts
            Posted: June 28, 2007, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

"Who Is Really Going To Teach You How To Win??"

The guy from "Let's make a deal". And the vanna white of her time was named something weird, like, I think her name was Carol Maroll, or something...LOL

Even if Monty Hall or Carol Merrill had the best system in history it would end up on page 2 because apparently the Lottery Systems forum has turned into "Predictions and attaboys".

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19823 Posts
              Posted: June 28, 2007, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

Even if Monty Hall or Carol Merrill had the best system in history it would end up on page 2 because apparently the Lottery Systems forum has turned into "Predictions and attaboys".

What do you expect if no one here is actually winning big money playing the lotteries?  And if there was, would you expect them to spend time here trying to teach others to do the same when people who have never won anything are making money writing and selling books and systems for lottery players?

At least at LP when someone says something might works, you can look up their prediction statistics to see if it's working for them.  Other websites, you only have their word for it.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7298 Posts
                Posted: June 29, 2007, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

What do you expect if no one here is actually winning big money playing the lotteries?  And if there was, would you expect them to spend time here trying to teach others to do the same when people who have never won anything are making money writing and selling books and systems for lottery players?

At least at LP when someone says something might works, you can look up their prediction statistics to see if it's working for them.  Other websites, you only have their word for it.

I've always thought of lottery systems as a set of instructions that produce the numbers being predicted and maybe wrongly assumed a discussion forum called Lottery Systems was intended to discuss the instructions. I've nothing against predictions but would rather see the methodology than just see that if I had wagered $104,000 on those predictions, I could have got back $60,000.

I don't expect anybody to teach me how to win but I don't see how loading the Lottery Systems forum with predictions with no explanation where at best you'll lose $40 on every $100 you wager is productive either.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19823 Posts
                  Posted: July 4, 2007, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

I've always thought of lottery systems as a set of instructions that produce the numbers being predicted and maybe wrongly assumed a discussion forum called Lottery Systems was intended to discuss the instructions. I've nothing against predictions but would rather see the methodology than just see that if I had wagered $104,000 on those predictions, I could have got back $60,000.

I don't expect anybody to teach me how to win but I don't see how loading the Lottery Systems forum with predictions with no explanation where at best you'll lose $40 on every $100 you wager is productive either.

Actually if a system uses a computer to pick numbers then it's using a set of instructions.  The problem is people don't want to discuss or share the instructions they've created for their computers to pick their lottery numbers.  A discussion of their methodology is seldom helpful to them and usually ends up with someone wanting a copy of their work. 

There have been discussions and threads about V-trac, one up and one down systems, hot and cold numbers systems, over due numbers and etc., but as far as I know, no one has ever developed them into a set of instructions for winning a lottery.  When it comes to doing that, every one is on his own.  Good luck.

Evil Looking       

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                    Dump Water Florida
                    United States
                    Member #380
                    June 5, 2002
                    3102 Posts
                    Posted: July 5, 2007, 1:15 am - IP Logged

Frankly most of us have tried so many things so many ways we're at a total loss what to try next.  Besides all that add one, subtract one, times two, divide by two nonsense.  Can you suggest one valid reason to select a number or discard a number?  BobP

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8360 Posts
                      Posted: July 5, 2007, 2:06 am - IP Logged

I think sticking to a wheeling system might have the best promise of winning a jackpot in pick 5 games.

power-trails for pick three works pretty good.

Pick 4 is tough because of the mere fact there are so many possible outcomes that a system can't be fine tuned to produce consistent straights but just might do well with boxes.

Using a wheel for mega and power ball might produce a winner if you clock all the right numbers for a draw and get lucky with the money ball. Use the same wheeling method for every draw you intend on playing.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19823 Posts
                        Posted: July 5, 2007, 3:46 am - IP Logged

Frankly most of us have tried so many things so many ways we're at a total loss what to try next.  Besides all that add one, subtract one, times two, divide by two nonsense.  Can you suggest one valid reason to select a number or discard a number?  BobP

I've been using the most popular repeat frequency to pick the mega balls for my MegaMillions numbers.  Since the matrix changed 212 drawings back I only count those drawings.  Last count the most popular repeat frequencies for the bonus numbers were 11, 2, 9, 12, 8, 14 and 16, so if I wanted to limit my choices to seven numbers or less I would count back and pick the bonus numbers in those drawings but since I usually play 10-20 lines I also look at the most popular mega balls of the last 212 drawings to come up with a different number for each line I play.

I don't know if you consider that a valid reason for picking a mega ball but when I'm looking at previous drawings to make a decision then I either go with "what happened in the past will happen again" or "what happened in the past will never happen again".  I use both logic, the first to pick my numbers and the second to pick my combinations.

I measure how well I'm doing by comparing my number of hits with the odds, I don't expect to hit every time but I do expect to beat the odds.  The overall odds of a hit in MegaMillions is 1:40 so if I'm not doing better than that, I'm wasting time.

I don't like wheels because $10-$20 wheels won't cover the amounts of numbers I like to play and I don't play combinations that start with high numbers or end with low numbers which most wheels have to cover their guarantees.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7298 Posts
                          Posted: July 5, 2007, 5:23 am - IP Logged

"Can you suggest one valid reason to select a number or discard a number?"

The Pick-3 games are popular because everyday and in some states twice a day the digits 0-9 will be drawn out of 3 machines. I can't tell you when the digits 1 or 7 will be drawn but they will eventually. And somebody must be picking combinations because I've never seen one draw where the total payout was $0.00. That's easy to explain when there are only 210 box combinations and you can box any 3 digits for 50 cents; with the volume of play, somebody has to win.

Anybody that has played Pick-3 for years has probably looked at several different ways to connect the dots but we're always examining how the dots were connected in past random draws. If adding 1 to the first digit, 2 to the second digit, and 3 to the third digit produced 5 straight hits in the past 1000 draws, will it repeat in the next 1000 draws? Will people have the patients to keep playing if it misses the next 200 - 400 draws?

Over time (2000 - 5000 draws) in Pick-3 games you'll notice the statistical probability closely mirrors the actual results so if 88% of all combos had sums between 6 and 21, it's likely 85 out of the next 100 draws should fall into that sum range. There are many free programs on the Internet where you can use that and other methods as filters to reduce the numbers into playable combinations.

Of course you already knew that because I've read some of your articles.

It depends on how often people look at the Lottery Systems Forum but if it's not every day, somebody may have came up with a new spin on a method we researched many years ago. If people start a new thread to post their predictions for each state Pick-3 draw everyday, that new spin will be on page 2 or 3 and might not be noticed.

By the way, if you believe the sum will be under 9, you have a valid reason for discarding the digit 9.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                            Dump Water Florida
                            United States
                            Member #380
                            June 5, 2002
                            3102 Posts
                            Posted: July 6, 2007, 1:39 am - IP Logged

"I don't like wheels because $10-$20 wheels won't cover the amounts of numbers I like to play and I don't play combinations that start with high numbers or end with low numbers which most wheels have to cover their guarantees."

You really need to achieve an indepth understanding of wheeling.  The type of wheel you describe trades good lotto play for fewer lines. Look at this 3if6in18numbers7lines.

1  2  5  6  8 12
                             1  3  4  5  6  8
                             1  7  8  9 10 11
                             2  3  4  7 11 12
                             2  3  4  9 10 12
                             5  6  7  9 10 11
                            13 14 15 16 17 18

It is the perfect example of the tightest possible wheel, but unbalanced as you dislike. 

Of course the top 6 lines are a 3if4of6in12 numbers, so if your true wheel is the top 6 then adding a 7th line is kind of a bonus with 3if6 overall coverage for the 18 numbers, but there is no connection between 1-12 and 13-18 so there's no real power in the wheel to play above it's guarantee.

Where as if we accept the wheel not being 100% we can make a 97% wheel in 6 lines with a better distribution. 

1  2  3  6  8 11
                             1  4  7  8 12 13
                             2  4  5 11 13 16
                             3  4  6 13 14 15
                             3  5  6  7 12 16
                             9 10 14 15 17 18

When you make your own wheels you can do better then the commercial bulk wheel sellers while not giving up the power of the wheel giving you a solid foundation of a lower tier prize you only need 1, 2 or 3 more correct to hit the jackpot.  That is unless you are hand building lines rather then just running off a bunch that ascribe to gross filtering aspects.  That's just my opinion, I haven't won millions yet either.  BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19823 Posts
                              Posted: July 6, 2007, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

"You really need to achieve an indepth understanding of wheeling."

BobP,

You make a good point, but I probably need a better understanding of all the different ways of picking and playing lottery numbers.  It would be nice if there were skilled lottery players as in other games of chance who had developed proven strategies for winning.  Every drawings is like a tournament, but I've never read anything about great lottery players.  Maybe they don't exist.

Some have said lotteries are just random games of chance and ones chances of winning is dependent on luck .  With that is mind, I think there will alway be strategies that look better than the one I'm using.

Evil Looking