Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who Is Really Going To Teach You How To Win??

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Stack47.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
Member #4877
May 30, 2004
5120 Posts
Posted: July 6, 2007, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

"Who Is Really Going To Teach You How To Win??"

The guy from "Let's make a deal". And the vanna white of her time was named something weird, like, I think her name was Carol Maroll, or something...LOL

JACKPOT'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

ODD's......= ODK.com o!o

nothing is ???????????? FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

tune>>>>>>>>>>>>> FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(ANOTHER JACKPOT<< "BITES the "DUST"$$$$$

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7308 Posts
    Posted: July 7, 2007, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

"I don't like wheels because $10-$20 wheels won't cover the amounts of numbers I like to play and I don't play combinations that start with high numbers or end with low numbers which most wheels have to cover their guarantees."

You really need to achieve an indepth understanding of wheeling.  The type of wheel you describe trades good lotto play for fewer lines. Look at this 3if6in18numbers7lines.

1  2  5  6  8 12
     1  3  4  5  6  8
     1  7  8  9 10 11
     2  3  4  7 11 12
     2  3  4  9 10 12
     5  6  7  9 10 11
    13 14 15 16 17 18

It is the perfect example of the tightest possible wheel, but unbalanced as you dislike. 

Of course the top 6 lines are a 3if4of6in12 numbers, so if your true wheel is the top 6 then adding a 7th line is kind of a bonus with 3if6 overall coverage for the 18 numbers, but there is no connection between 1-12 and 13-18 so there's no real power in the wheel to play above it's guarantee.

Where as if we accept the wheel not being 100% we can make a 97% wheel in 6 lines with a better distribution. 

1  2  3  6  8 11
     1  4  7  8 12 13
     2  4  5 11 13 16
     3  4  6 13 14 15
     3  5  6  7 12 16
     9 10 14 15 17 18

When you make your own wheels you can do better then the commercial bulk wheel sellers while not giving up the power of the wheel giving you a solid foundation of a lower tier prize you only need 1, 2 or 3 more correct to hit the jackpot.  That is unless you are hand building lines rather then just running off a bunch that ascribe to gross filtering aspects.  That's just my opinion, I haven't won millions yet either.  BobP

"You really need to achieve an indepth understanding of wheeling.  The type of wheel you describe trades good lotto play for fewer lines.

I've used 15 number wheels to play a Pick-5 (5/39) and found out that playing a 13 combination 3if5 wheel only gives me the guarantee because the wheel is balanced. I play 15 numbers because I don't know which 5 will hit so even if I know that 1 number will occur 6 times, 3 numbers will occur 5 times, and the other 11 have 4 occurrences, I'd still be guessing on where to put them in the wheel. 

Because the 10 numbers that won't hit are evenly distributed too, I'm betting $13 to get back $10 or $11 with only one combination where I could get 4 out of 5 or all five.  I could play the same 15 numbers for $3 and get almost the same odds.

01-02-03-04-05
    06-07-08-09-10
    11-12-13-14-15

If 5 numbers hit, the least I'll have is two 2s and still have that same one chance to get 4 out of 5 or all 5.
    I suppose either way is OK if the idea is to pick 15 numbers and hope 5 of them hit and get something back.

There are 3003 possible combinations using 15 numbers and only one can have all 5 numbers so any reduction no matter how sophisticated it looks can eliminate that one combo. Wheels are a good way to play a large group of numbers in Pick-5 or Pick-6 games as long as you understand most of your combos can't win anything because only 5 or 6 numbers are drawn.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19825 Posts
      Posted: July 9, 2007, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

"There are 3003 possible combinations using 15 numbers and only one can have all 5 numbers so any reduction no matter how sophisticated it looks can eliminate that one combo. Wheels are a good way to play a large group of numbers in Pick-5 or Pick-6 games as long as you understand most of your combos can't win anything because only 5 or 6 numbers are drawn."

That's one of the false security of wheeling.  Your chances of having all five winning numbers from a pool of 39 in a group of 15 is slim at best.  There are 455 combinations of threes in a pool of 15 numbers and every combinations of fives can only cover 10 of them so you will have to play at least 46 lines to guarantee a match3 if you get lucky.  If you're still depending on luck to get a $10 win with $46 worth of tickets, what's the advantage of wheeling?

If you don't have the winning numbers then it doesn't matter how you play them and if you do, I'm not convinced that wheeling them improve your odds of a hit.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
        Harbinger
        D.C./MD.
        United States
        Member #44103
        July 30, 2006
        5583 Posts
        Posted: July 9, 2007, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

The above statement is true, but the key is picking the right numbers. The wheel takes care of the rest. I guess I've gotten a little luckier the past few days but I am pretty much convinced the wheels are powerful TOOLS. Today I got another 5 of 6 with bonus on DC6 I did 2 abbreviated wheels and I hit on two tickets good.  I had a total of 62 lines which would have cost $31 but cost $23 cause I hit 4 X 3 of 6 last night. Tonight I got lucky again I hit for $265! So I play free for a few  days.

RJ is absolutely correct, wheeling does not improve your odds of a hit, you have to have the right numbers now if I had the 17 instead of the 19 in addition to the 26 it would have been a lot more money, here you go, I don't want you to think I am blowing smoke.  Now remember I have eight other tickets of the 'losing wheel', with nary a winner. I think I used the abbreviated 4 if 6 of 14 on these

After looking at this stuff for almost a year I think the group theory of picking a set and going from there to wheels is a valid methodology, after all it is,  gambling. You have to get lucky sooner or later.  15 of 39 is the upper edge of set size, I like 12 -14 set size, sometimes 10-11, if the numbers look like they are trending. Lottovantage had a method of calling how the numbers were 'acting'. You have to look at the draws and look for trending. It goes nuts sometimes, I don't play much when it does that. But what helps is not to put all your eggs in one basket, in other words, create two, three, however many sets you want and can afford, if one is off,  the other/s may be money.  Experiment on paper as much as you can before putting money down. LOL jarasan

dc6 07_09_07

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5120 Posts
          Posted: July 9, 2007, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

JACKPOT'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

ODD's......= ODK.com o!o

nothing is ???????????? FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

tune>>>>>>>>>>>>> FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(ANOTHER JACKPOT<< "BITES the "DUST"$$$$$

All of the above (statement's) may B........... TRUE>>>>

buttttttttttttttttttttttttt U (YOU) need PROOF$$$$$$ UR on D rite> TRACK!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

DO ????????????????? any of U know what I'm tonk'g ABOUT?

most likely>>>> yes U-DO kause U have HIT & R.........................................................NOW>

above the "BREAK-EVEN">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>in D $$$$$$$$$$$

This is where the money U put on LINE for the QUICK-TRIX's COME

into PLAY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

LOL

PSYKOMO 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19825 Posts
            Posted: July 10, 2007, 12:16 am - IP Logged

Congratulations on your wins jarasan. 

When comparing strategies for different games, one has to be sure that the same rules can apply.  DC6 is a 6/39+1 game with overall odds of a win of 1:28 at 50¢ a play which means on average you're going to win something for every $14 spent, there aren't many games with those kinds of payouts or odds at the lower levels.

I've been trying some things with West Virgina Cash25 (6/25) on the prediction board which work well but don't transfer to Ohio Classic Lotto (6/49) a game I actually play.  To do the same things with games I actually play, Classic Lotto, Rolling Cash5 and MegaMillions requires I spend more money. 

The last time MegaMillions had a $200M+ jackpot, I spent $65 and had a 4+0 for a $150 dollars win but I can't convince myself to speed that kind of money every time even thought the results might be similar most of the time.

Evil Looking       

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
              Harbinger
              D.C./MD.
              United States
              Member #44103
              July 30, 2006
              5583 Posts
              Posted: July 10, 2007, 8:17 am - IP Logged

The 6/49 game is huge leap from 6/25 as well as 6/39. If MD. hadn't ruined the 6/49 game I would play it, $2.00 a play is wrong. That is why I have said before I like Ohio, the game selection is good.

DC6 DC and Bonus Match 5 MD. are better deals for the money, sometimes I'll play 40 lines and not a hit.  What I do in that case is replay. The odds then seem to go more in your favor.

If I had a 6/49 game I would have a maxima and minima, in other words to play between say, 6 and 36, 10 and 40, or 19 and 39,  to shorten the field down to 30 numbers and then pick sets from those.

LOL jarasan

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5582 Posts
                Posted: July 10, 2007, 11:41 am - IP Logged

Even if Monty Hall or Carol Merrill had the best system in history it would end up on page 2 because apparently the Lottery Systems forum has turned into "Predictions and attaboys".

You got that right.

Let's all start posting predictions on the mystical forum....

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19825 Posts
                  Posted: July 10, 2007, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

The 6/49 game is huge leap from 6/25 as well as 6/39. If MD. hadn't ruined the 6/49 game I would play it, $2.00 a play is wrong. That is why I have said before I like Ohio, the game selection is good.

DC6 DC and Bonus Match 5 MD. are better deals for the money, sometimes I'll play 40 lines and not a hit.  What I do in that case is replay. The odds then seem to go more in your favor.

If I had a 6/49 game I would have a maxima and minima, in other words to play between say, 6 and 36, 10 and 40, or 19 and 39,  to shorten the field down to 30 numbers and then pick sets from those.

LOL jarasan

Lot'O Play had a $2 ticket and people didn't play it so Ohio got rid of it.

My software has routines that search/compare data files with groups of numbers and with each other and I've never found a groups of numbers that worked better then any other group so I'm looking at numbers differently to see if groups of numbers picked a certain ways before each drawing do better.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7308 Posts
                    Posted: July 10, 2007, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

LOL jarasan

Nice hit, jarasan!

"DC6 DC and Bonus Match 5 MD. are better deals for the money, sometimes I'll play 40 lines and not a hit.  What I do in that case is replay. The odds then seem to go more in your favor."

Being able to play 40 lines for $20 is very beneficial because it gives you more options on amount of numbers and the type of wheel you can use.  And the payoff structure helps to keep you in the game so you'll get more chances to win the big bucks.

Ohio brought back Classic Lotto but I think they forgot why they took the game out in the first place. It might be drawn on different nights, but it will take months before its jackpot will reach what Mega Millions starts at; the Classic Lotto cash value is half of the advertised jackpot. I suppose the Lottery Commission figured they could get a few extra bucks from the diehard jackpot hunters the day after MM is drawn. 

A game like DC6 would have been the better choice but they probably thought it would compete with Rolling Cash 5.