Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How long until someone here wins $1,000,000+?

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 9 years ago by spy153.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

When will someone here win $1,000,000+?

today [ 8 ]  [14.81%]
1 week [ 2 ]  [3.70%]
1 month [ 6 ]  [11.11%]
2 months [ 2 ]  [3.70%]
3 months [ 7 ]  [12.96%]
6 months [ 4 ]  [7.41%]
1 year [ 9 ]  [16.67%]
2 years [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
3+ years [ 4 ]  [7.41%]
probably never [ 12 ]  [22.22%]
Total Valid Votes [ 54 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
Florence, Alabama
United States
Member #8658
November 13, 2004
1993 Posts
Posted: July 7, 2007, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

Nope, but how about $1 a day?  Seriously, I just think it's quite possible that a member of LP has won a jackpot over the past 4 or 5 years.  If I won $1,000,000 bucks I might not want to announce it over the internet, especially after I've posted over 2,000 comments.  After all, we always talk about how important anonymity is, so why is it so hard to believe that a member here hasn't already won?

I admit, it was me. I won $1,000,000 but the problem was I spent $999,999 to do it.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

wreakshavok777's avatar - enzyte thumb.jpg
    oklahoma
    United States
    Member #12313
    March 10, 2005
    165 Posts
    Posted: July 7, 2007, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

I hope its real soon ,however I ,m still banking on PCH showing up @the front door with a really big cardboard check! and some cheesy balloons. I,ll be thinking to myself "all those years buying subscriptions to SI finally paid off !!! my ship has come in!

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!

SirMetro's avatar - center
      East of Atlanta
      United States
      Member #6191
      August 11, 2004
      1389 Posts
      Posted: July 7, 2007, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

A lot of people here seem really, really close to winning a large jackpot/raffle/scratch-off ($1 million+).

With so many people, it seems like it's just a matter of time before someone wins big.

So, when do you think think it will happen?

I discarded my vote on this premise.

1) What makes you think someone hasn't?

and

2) What makes you think someone would tell on a public forum?

Keep in mind, even if (or when) someone wins, making that public knowledge does nothing more then open themselves up as a target. Be it that of honest real charities seeking financial contribution to do good as well as the dishonest seeking to do nothing more then sink their grubby paws into something that is not their own.

In time, one learns the value of dilligence. May it happen before their pockets are empty.

Sir Metro

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19819 Posts
        Posted: July 8, 2007, 12:09 am - IP Logged

Some one could come to LP and just make a claim of winning a big jackpot to see what would happen. 

I can imagine a lot of people getting mad when the person couldn't/wouldn't prove he really won a lottery jackpot by honoring their financial requests. (If you have an e-mail address in your profile and have mentioned you can afford $25 a week to play the lottery then you've probably already hear from them.)

On second thought, it's probably a bad idea anytime to announce on a public forum that you have some extra money, other people don't need to know.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #53458
          July 7, 2007
          8 Posts
          Posted: July 8, 2007, 12:09 am - IP Logged

It actually happened today!!! Actually it was on Independance day, but I didn't find out about it until this morning. My dad had the ticket and didn' tell me our number until this morning! I still haven't gotten over the disbelief that it actually CAN happen. My dad actually was planning on going to Atlantic City, so that's where he is now. Tomorrow we figure out the next steps!

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
            Florence, Alabama
            United States
            Member #8658
            November 13, 2004
            1993 Posts
            Posted: July 8, 2007, 12:23 am - IP Logged

Some one could come to LP and just make a claim of winning a big jackpot to see what would happen. 

I can imagine a lot of people getting mad when the person couldn't/wouldn't prove he really won a lottery jackpot by honoring their financial requests. (If you have an e-mail address in your profile and have mentioned you can afford $25 a week to play the lottery then you've probably already hear from them.)

On second thought, it's probably a bad idea anytime to announce on a public forum that you have some extra money, other people don't need to know.

I wonder if this is the reason I have been getting people I don't even know asking to be added to my buddy list on MSN??? I kept getting tired of the request popping up so I added them. They haven't sent me any IM's yet.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

Westerose
              Canada
              Member #52915
              June 15, 2007
              189 Posts
              Posted: July 8, 2007, 1:53 am - IP Logged

A lot of people here seem really, really close to winning a large jackpot/raffle/scratch-off ($1 million+).

With so many people, it seems like it's just a matter of time before someone wins big.

I'm 100% certian someone and maybe more on here has won a Million+  either after coming here but for sure after winning and just looking up stuff on how to deal with a huge win.

Yep I'm sure of it. :)

You live a life of abundance! You have won the lottery! Belief creates reality! Believe!

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3474 Posts
                Posted: July 9, 2007, 3:10 am - IP Logged

Nope, but how about $1 a day?  Seriously, I just think it's quite possible that a member of LP has won a jackpot over the past 4 or 5 years.  If I won $1,000,000 bucks I might not want to announce it over the internet, especially after I've posted over 2,000 comments.  After all, we always talk about how important anonymity is, so why is it so hard to believe that a member here hasn't already won?

With lotteries typically paying out 50%, we could "expect" a single $1 million winner for every $2 million spent by members, as long as  that $2 million was spent on games that pay only $1 million dollar prizes.  As RJ notes, it seems like most of the money is bet on pick 3 and 4.  Additionally, games just don't pay $1 million at odds of 1 in 2 million.  Some of the games with relatively low odds occasionally build up to $1 milion or more, but there simply haven't been all that many of those prizes. For typical state games with odds of 1 in 10 to 20 million we could only expect a jackpot winner if members had spent $10 to $20 million on tickets.  For MM and PB it will be years before members have spent enough that we could expect to have had a winner.

It's certainly possible that a member has won a large jackpot, but even if there are 1000 members playing those games the odds are against it.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                  Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11338 Posts
                  Posted: July 9, 2007, 7:16 am - IP Logged

it already has.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5114 Posts
                    Posted: July 9, 2007, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

L@@Ks like 7-7-7 twas D day$$

PartyNoelPartyNoelPartyNoel

DON't any of UUUUUUU believe in AL GORE & SANTA CLAUSE ??????

Congrat's to andrew3kids & family!!

LOL

PSYKOMO 

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5114 Posts
                      Posted: July 9, 2007, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

L@@Ks like 7-7-7 twas D day$$

PartyNoelPartyNoelPartyNoel

DON't any of UUUUUUU believe in AL GORE & SANTA CLAUSE ??????

Congrat's to andrew3kids & family!!

LOL

PSYKOMO 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19819 Posts
                        Posted: July 9, 2007, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

It actually happened today!!! Actually it was on Independance day, but I didn't find out about it until this morning. My dad had the ticket and didn' tell me our number until this morning! I still haven't gotten over the disbelief that it actually CAN happen. My dad actually was planning on going to Atlantic City, so that's where he is now. Tomorrow we figure out the next steps!

The question was "When will someone here win $1,000,000+?"

You said it happened on Independence day and you joined on July 7.  Congratulations, but you won and then joined LP, the odds of someone not a LP member winning are better, it happens all the time.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
                          Member #28409
                          December 15, 2005
                          1198 Posts
                          Posted: July 9, 2007, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

I discarded my vote because I believe we talk to millionaire winners on a daily basis. They are just not broadcasting their win.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool