Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Complainers

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 9 years ago by sheepdogg.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #51688
April 19, 2007
200 Posts
Posted: July 10, 2007, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

The Complainers
You're familiar with the complainers, grouches, and other negative types — there are sure to be a few among the people you know. According to these people, the only thing life has to offer is bad luck. Their principal characteristic is that they love to complain — finding a solution to their miseries would eliminate their primary reason for living! Their only mission seems to be to throw a bucket of cold water on anyone who demonstrates enthusiasm for anything. The problem is that their attitude is toxic: their illness is contagious — and therefore dangerous.

everyone  with  a  complaint  should  post  here  and  not  on  how  to  be  LUCKY  ; list  all  grips  here:

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: July 10, 2007, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

The self proclaimers and authority on what truth is.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

You say people like me are dangerous? Are you kidding?

You must be like the religous people who know what the TRUTH is.

Wars, and mass death over who's God is the right God. What the right way is to get into "Heaven". Now that's dangerous.

More blood has been shed over religion than all the wars put together. And the non religous wars had leaders who shared a similar mentality. And guess what? Each faction had their idealistic way. Each one had the "Truth", and still believes to this day and age.

If anyone is dangerous is you. If someone doesen't adhere to your beliefs, you'll just damn them to your version of punishment. And if you are an extremist, you'll kill people and yourself (which by the way ...the media keeps calling it suicide bombing, when in fact it's homocide bombing) thinking there will 72 virgins waiting for them.

I'm not picking on any particular religion, but rather the similar mindset which is in league.

Atleast I have the honesty in saying....I don't know, but I have some facts that are interesting. I don't proclaim to be the true source on anything. I look, I analyze, I twist it around, I fold it in half, I tear it up and glue it back together. After I'm done putting it through the ringer, I'll most likely have good news and bad news. There is no black and white in anything in this world.The universe is an ever changing one. Nothing stands still for a second, or life wouldn't even exist, not to mention time itself. You can't have time unless there is atleast one thing moving.

Even the best invention can always be improved.

When I had my first review by an ensign in the Navy, he basically told me that I had an outstanding performance record up to that point, and had good recommendations by my peers and authorities. But he said, as much as I want to give you a 4.0, I won't, because I want to leave some room for improvement. That was such a profound statement, that I bypassed any resentment and understood completely.

It's a liquid universe.

United States
      Member #51688
      April 19, 2007
      200 Posts
      Posted: July 10, 2007, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

The Complainers
      You're familiar with the complainers, grouches, and other negative types — there are sure to be a few among the people you know. According to these people, the only thing life has to offer is bad luck. Their principal characteristic is that they love to complain — finding a solution to their miseries would eliminate their primary reason for living! Their only mission seems to be to throw a bucket of cold water on anyone who demonstrates enthusiasm for anything. The problem is that their attitude is toxic: their illness is contagious — and therefore dangerous

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: July 10, 2007, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

The Complainers
        You're familiar with the complainers, grouches, and other negative types — there are sure to be a few among the people you know. According to these people, the only thing life has to offer is bad luck. Their principal characteristic is that they love to complain — finding a solution to their miseries would eliminate their primary reason for living! Their only mission seems to be to throw a bucket of cold water on anyone who demonstrates enthusiasm for anything. The problem is that their attitude is toxic: their illness is contagious — and therefore dangerous

It just goes to show. You have no meat in the debate. Just reiterate your misinformed view point. 

It's either your way or the highway.

Help is on the way. Just be patient.

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8364 Posts
          Posted: July 10, 2007, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

A lot of complainers are perfectionist they aren't looking for things to be wrong there looking for things to be right. When they find something wrong and try and explain it people turn on them then it sounds like the perfectionist is complaining. In the real world a perfectionist is a complainer only because so many people don't do things right.

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: July 10, 2007, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

A lot of complainers are perfectionist they aren't looking for things to be wrong there looking for things to be right. When they find something wrong and try and explain it people turn on them then it sounds like the perfectionist is complaining. In the real world a perfectionist is a complainer only because so many people don't do things right.

Amen...!

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
              Harbinger
              D.C./MD.
              United States
              Member #44103
              July 30, 2006
              5583 Posts
              Posted: July 10, 2007, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

Good point. I know I am misunderstood. 

In the third person, I think this also works. 

A lot of perfectionists are complainers, they aren't looking for things to be wrong, they're looking for things to be right. When they find something wrong and try and explain it, people turn on them then it sounds like the complainer is perfecting.  In the real world, a complainer is a perfectionist only because so many people don't do things right.

lol

Oh yeah, reminds me of some lyrics, they go something like this:

If I didn't have any bad luck;

I'd have no luck at all.

United States
                Member #51688
                April 19, 2007
                200 Posts
                Posted: July 10, 2007, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

It just goes to show. You have no meat in the debate. Just reiterate your misinformed view point. 

PACATTACK    I wish  I  could  spend  more  time  talking  to  you  but  im short  on  time  to  potty  train  grown  men ;

you  have  failed  to  give  any  concrete  examples  of  how  to  be  lucky  and  this  is  not  a  gripe  POST like  you  have  made  others  nor  is  it  a  post  for  people  with  severe mental  disabillities  ...wherefore  you  dont  qualify  for  this  post but  I  think  you  could  do  great  on  the  complaint post  DOWN  THE  HALL  AND  2 doors  left ;  once  again  you  got  lost  and  found  your  way  into  reality ...this  ain't  for  you "!!!!!!!!!! So  glad  you  didn't  get  lost  and  now  you  should  feel  right  at  home  here @

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10354 Posts
                  Posted: July 11, 2007, 1:02 am - IP Logged

Quite an interesting thread actually, because the OP itself is a complaint!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8364 Posts
                    Posted: July 11, 2007, 2:10 am - IP Logged

Good point. I know I am misunderstood. 

In the third person, I think this also works. 

A lot of perfectionists are complainers, they aren't looking for things to be wrong, they're looking for things to be right. When they find something wrong and try and explain it, people turn on them then it sounds like the complainer is perfecting.  In the real world, a complainer is a perfectionist only because so many people don't do things right.

lol

Oh yeah, reminds me of some lyrics, they go something like this:

If I didn't have any bad luck;

I'd have no luck at all.

well mainly it's because the perfectionist knows there are three ways to do something

1 - the right way
                    2 - the wrong way
                    3 - and the half ass way.
                    People who know what they are doing usually do things the right way.
                    People who think they know what they are doing usually do things half ass way
                    And people who don't know do things the wrong way, most of the time and only by being showed can get it done right, every once in a while they get lucky and get it right after several trials and errors.
                    There's a learning curve to being a perfectionist and most people suffer great agony getting there.
                      Westerose
                      Canada
                      Member #52915
                      June 15, 2007
                      189 Posts
                      Posted: July 11, 2007, 2:39 am - IP Logged

Quite an interesting thread actually, because the OP itself is a complaint!

There are some things that have this irony. Is it a valid opinion? Yeah it is. However stating it creates an irony.  That irony becomes a wheel that just keeps rotating until folks forget about this thread.  Yes it's hilarious. :)

You live a life of abundance! You have won the lottery! Belief creates reality! Believe!

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                        Harbinger
                        D.C./MD.
                        United States
                        Member #44103
                        July 30, 2006
                        5583 Posts
                        Posted: July 11, 2007, 8:11 am - IP Logged

well mainly it's because the perfectionist knows there are three ways to do something

1 - the right way
                        2 - the wrong way
                        3 - and the half ass way.
                        People who know what they are doing usually do things the right way.
                        People who think they know what they are doing usually do things half ass way
                        And people who don't know do things the wrong way, most of the time and only by being showed can get it done right, every once in a while they get lucky and get it right after several trials and errors.
                        There's a learning curve to being a perfectionist and most people suffer great agony getting there.

I Agree! Since this is the complain thread.

I gotta go to work. No Pity!Darny.

United States
                          Member #17555
                          June 22, 2005
                          5582 Posts
                          Posted: July 11, 2007, 8:39 am - IP Logged

PACATTACK    I wish  I  could  spend  more  time  talking  to  you  but  im short  on  time  to  potty  train  grown  men ;

you  have  failed  to  give  any  concrete  examples  of  how  to  be  lucky  and  this  is  not  a  gripe  POST like  you  have  made  others  nor  is  it  a  post  for  people  with  severe mental  disabillities  ...wherefore  you  dont  qualify  for  this  post but  I  think  you  could  do  great  on  the  complaint post  DOWN  THE  HALL  AND  2 doors  left ;  once  again  you  got  lost  and  found  your  way  into  reality ...this  ain't  for  you "!!!!!!!!!! So  glad  you  didn't  get  lost  and  now  you  should  feel  right  at  home  here @

First of all, if anyone needs to be potty trained is you. You're living in you're dimented little world of illusion that you can't back up.

You say I have no concrete examples of how to be lucky...WELL...DUH!!!!  Of course I don't, because there aren't any. You're equating steps to..... I don't know.....making a peanut butter sandwich. It's not that mechanical.

If you've been such a positive person, you wouldn't be here on this site waiting to get money from some magical source. By now you would have all the money you want and not waste your time here spewing your crap.

Go ahead, believe that if you think positive, you'll win large amounts of money....Go ahead keep looking like a total idiot.

Maybe if I wish hard enough I can grow another 5 inches taller......HMMMM...here goes......HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

MMMMMMMMM....Nope...I'm still the same.

Ask someone around you to slap you around, and hopefully you'll awake from your stupor!

United States
                            Member #50209
                            March 1, 2007
                            4 Posts
                            Posted: July 11, 2007, 8:43 am - IP Logged

I haven't gotten through the whole thread yet, but Pac I was wondering why you thought he was referring to you.  Did I miss something?  When I read the first post it sounded like it was directed at people who espouse negativity rather than solutions.

United States
                              Member #17555
                              June 22, 2005
                              5582 Posts
                              Posted: July 11, 2007, 8:57 am - IP Logged

I haven't gotten through the whole thread yet, but Pac I was wondering why you thought he was referring to you.  Did I miss something?  When I read the first post it sounded like it was directed at people who espouse negativity rather than solutions.

He just dosen't like that fact that I or anyone else, like Delores, disagrees with him.

He poses a question at the start, and when people like Delores or I respond to him by saying that our viewpoint doesen't match his, he then gets personal. Instead of saying...ok..that's your opinion, and that's mine. It would have ended right then and there.

But he is one of those people who can't take any other ideas, and his is written in stone.

Sure it's always good to be positive, but there is a line between saying what I just said, and saying that if EVERYONE who has that attitude will come into money. And that's when I had to make the difference.

He wants examples of how to be lucky, when there is none to be proven to work. Everyday, there are millions if not hundreds of millions of people happy all the time, and guess what?..they are not all rich. Bad things happen to both good and the bad. Good things happen to both also.

I'm sorry, but when someone says they are the authority on subjects that have been up in the air since man came onto this world, makes me mad. It's like me telling you that if you don't believe in Thor as the true god, you will be hammered forever in hell.

The true way is his way or the highway. He's the all knowing on this matter.

I would recommend reading from the getgo, just to get a better understanding of this lunatic's mind.