Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Gangsters

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 9 years ago by irondoor827.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #51688
April 19, 2007
200 Posts
Posted: August 5, 2007, 12:09 am - IP Logged

Ny is one of the Largest State operated Lotteries in the USA and also the most corupted ;

IN recent lottery news it has been reported the wonderfull news of new Instant ticket-millionarirs;  The strange thing is they alll came from the same county or nearby county's to the state capital WHICH IS ALBANY , NY the highest instant ticket wwinners of a million dollars.is Suffolk county ,NY followed by Scheectady county ,NY and Queens NY ;

TOP NY state elected political officials live in these areas and vote on policies which affect the lottery ; The bad news is if you live anywhere elese your chances are slim to none of winnning any large jackpots from instant ticket or raffel lotteries sold ; The results are controled to win political favortism ;The above process is illegal and has smeared my faith in the lottery' almost 30 Billion dollar a week state-wide business @

Rocket 455's avatar - rocket
    Bellevue, KY
    United States
    Member #53340
    July 4, 2007
    2622 Posts
    Posted: August 5, 2007, 12:18 am - IP Logged

12:09... that's pretty quick.

She was made for the straitaways
    She grew up hatin' Chevrolets
    She's a rocket
    She was made to burn. ~Kathy Mattea

Luminus's avatar - ouskuu

United States
      Member #51269
      April 3, 2007
      529 Posts
      Posted: August 5, 2007, 8:57 am - IP Logged

Ny is one of the Largest State operated Lotteries in the USA and also the most corupted ;

IN recent lottery news it has been reported the wonderfull news of new Instant ticket-millionarirs;  The strange thing is they alll came from the same county or nearby county's to the state capital WHICH IS ALBANY , NY the highest instant ticket wwinners of a million dollars.is Suffolk county ,NY followed by Scheectady county ,NY and Queens NY ;

TOP NY state elected political officials live in these areas and vote on policies which affect the lottery ; The bad news is if you live anywhere elese your chances are slim to none of winnning any large jackpots from instant ticket or raffel lotteries sold ; The results are controled to win political favortism ;The above process is illegal and has smeared my faith in the lottery' almost 30 Billion dollar a week state-wide business @

Why?  Just go to those counties and play.

United States
        Member #51688
        April 19, 2007
        200 Posts
        Posted: August 5, 2007, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

Why?  Just go to those counties and play.

the  sad  news  is  these  counties  are  far  from  any  majoir  city  except  the  captial  of  NEW  YORK  STATE  \-  which  is  ALBANY  , NY  ..the  tickets  are  distributed  in  these  areas  and  almost  500  miles  from  Buffalo,NY  .....the  practice   is  Illegal  and  unethical ...to  produce  so  many  large  winners  in  a  small  less  populated  section  of  New York  while  the  large  populations  Fund  the  pockets  of  the  rich  and  famous.....Polititions  are  the  key  players  in  the  reasoning  behind  the  tickets  being  played  and  distributed  in  this  area....  the  huge  windfall  profits  which  the  lotterys  make  is  good  public  relations  when  an  area  winner  makes  out  good ...but  only  in  the  counties  which  surround  the  capital No No

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #1303
          March 27, 2003
          1508 Posts
          Posted: August 6, 2007, 7:46 am - IP Logged

the  sad  news  is  these  counties  are  far  from  any  majoir  city  except  the  captial  of  NEW  YORK  STATE  \-  which  is  ALBANY  , NY  ..the  tickets  are  distributed  in  these  areas  and  almost  500  miles  from  Buffalo,NY  .....the  practice   is  Illegal  and  unethical ...to  produce  so  many  large  winners  in  a  small  less  populated  section  of  New York  while  the  large  populations  Fund  the  pockets  of  the  rich  and  famous.....Polititions  are  the  key  players  in  the  reasoning  behind  the  tickets  being  played  and  distributed  in  this  area....  the  huge  windfall  profits  which  the  lotterys  make  is  good  public  relations  when  an  area  winner  makes  out  good ...but  only  in  the  counties  which  surround  the  capital No No

Well if this is what you believe, then it may be best if you just stopped playing the Lottery.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3474 Posts
            Posted: August 6, 2007, 11:58 am - IP Logged

Your chances of winning a large jackpot are slim to none, period. Do you think they give them out to every 1000th person who plays? Do you really think that most recent winners being from areas that have 80% of the state's population is something unexpected?

Of course if you think it will give you a better chance, those counties are only an hour or two away if you can catch a ride with one of the black helicopters as they go by.

United States
              Member #51688
              April 19, 2007
              200 Posts
              Posted: August 6, 2007, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Well if this is what you believe, then it may be best if you just stopped playing the Lottery.

yes  I  have  stopped  playing  instant  ticket  games  since  those  counties  which  I  mentioned  are  are  the  sole  large  winners ....The  population  centers  only  fund  those  tickets  sales  and  revenue  ....if  the  politics  of  the  area  change  ........so  willl  the  winners ;Hyper

Indiana
                United States
                Member #29196
                December 29, 2005
                280 Posts
                Posted: August 7, 2007, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

I sympathize with you!  This has been going on in Indiana for years.  The vast bulk of all Hoosier Lottery prizes on all games...scratch off...Lotto..everything goes to residents of our state capital...i.e. Indianapolis/Marion County.

In fact it's so bad here that after more than 17 years of play, fully 1/3 of all Indiana counties have never had a top tier winner or have only had 1 top tier prize winner on all Hoosier Lottery games combined.

Scratch off ticket distribution should be totally random.  And so should the draw game winners.  But this is clearly not the case in Indiana.

My only advice...don't play.

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

United States
                  Member #51688
                  April 19, 2007
                  200 Posts
                  Posted: August 8, 2007, 12:42 am - IP Logged

I sympathize with you!  This has been going on in Indiana for years.  The vast bulk of all Hoosier Lottery prizes on all games...scratch off...Lotto..everything goes to residents of our state capital...i.e. Indianapolis/Marion County.

In fact it's so bad here that after more than 17 years of play, fully 1/3 of all Indiana counties have never had a top tier winner or have only had 1 top tier prize winner on all Hoosier Lottery games combined.

Scratch off ticket distribution should be totally random.  And so should the draw game winners.  But this is clearly not the case in Indiana.

My only advice...don't play.

Jim 

I  want  to  report  this  to  the  authorties  but  who  do  you  call  the  FBI  or  the  STATE  POLICE  OR  THE  STATE  ATTORNEY  GENERAL  ???  if  politics  are  in  involved  the  protection  can  go  up  the  ladder  to  the  governor :??Poke?

United States
                    Member #16612
                    June 2, 2005
                    3493 Posts
                    Posted: August 8, 2007, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

Good thing I'm not a gangster. Good topic irondoor827.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                      A long and winding road
                      United States
                      Member #17084
                      June 10, 2005
                      4530 Posts
                      Posted: August 8, 2007, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

Learn statistics.

Firstly folks can BUY in one area of the state and have the claimants address be in one of the populous areas. Example. BOUGHT a 10k winner in a shop in hucklebuck  near the adirondacks. Travel home to ALbany and claim the  ticket based on the home address. The Lottery reports NOT where the tickets were bought but where the claimant was from. This leads folks to beleive the winning tickets are from the same area of the claimant.  (editors notes: I dont live or ever did leave in hucklebuck or NY for that matter)

More winners are claimed in populous areas because MORE tickets are sold per ratio. A shop in hucklebuck might only sell 200 tickets a month ...

As to the original poster- based solely on your post, Id be angry too! As to folks saying stop playing, that may be a band aide to the bigger issue in which you alledge. If corruption does exist you have a right to report it and have it investigated. I personally would suggest that making allegations without material proof may be foolish. 

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #29196
                        December 29, 2005
                        280 Posts
                        Posted: August 8, 2007, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

TheGameGirl is absolutely correct.  Making allegations without material proof may be foolish.  As I and others have learned, in Indiana nobody will listen to you if you simply point out the trends and statistics...which in and of themself may be damning but are not necessarily conclusive.

However, I would also like to point out that Indiana does indeed report where the tickets are sold. 

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

United States
                          Member #51688
                          April 19, 2007
                          200 Posts
                          Posted: August 10, 2007, 2:41 am - IP Logged

Learn statistics.

Firstly folks can BUY in one area of the state and have the claimants address be in one of the populous areas. Example. BOUGHT a 10k winner in a shop in hucklebuck  near the adirondacks. Travel home to ALbany and claim the  ticket based on the home address. The Lottery reports NOT where the tickets were bought but where the claimant was from. This leads folks to beleive the winning tickets are from the same area of the claimant.  (editors notes: I dont live or ever did leave in hucklebuck or NY for that matter)

More winners are claimed in populous areas because MORE tickets are sold per ratio. A shop in hucklebuck might only sell 200 tickets a month ...

As to the original poster- based solely on your post, Id be angry too! As to folks saying stop playing, that may be a band aide to the bigger issue in which you alledge. If corruption does exist you have a right to report it and have it investigated. I personally would suggest that making allegations without material proof may be foolish. 

gamegirl...In  ny  THEY  DO  REPORT  WHERE  THE  TICKETS  ARE  SOLD-the  store  owner  gets  a  cash  prize  for  selling  the  ticket....but  as  others  say  ....who  will  care  ....the  lottery  officials  here  are  powerfull    and  with  Billions  at  stake  ,whos  to  say  what  they  would  do  to  me  if  I  blew  the  whistle ;   

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                            Wandering Aimlessly
                            United States
                            Member #25360
                            November 5, 2005
                            4461 Posts
                            Posted: August 10, 2007, 3:23 am - IP Logged

In FL the location of the retailer is announced the morning after the drawing.  Then the winner's name, age and town of residence is mentioned in a press release when the ticket is claimed. A very high percentage of winning tickets are sold in Miami-Dade county.  A lot of people work in that area, and many people buy their tickets on the way to work or when they're on their way home. 

I do agree with the folks who say "If you don't like the rules, don't play it."  After all, the lottery is a game.  There probably is corruption, but I don't feel it has a direct effect on individual players.  I've been alive too long to imagine any government doesn't have some corrupt business practices, but I'm not going to get paranoid about it.  Since there is such a slim chance I'll ever win a big jackpot, it's possible that a corrupt system might be my only shot at winning!  LOL 

"whos  to  say  what  they  would  do  to  me  if  I  blew  the  whistle"

I agree.  So if I were you, I'd quietly pack up & move to Cartagena.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                              Tennessee
                              United States
                              Member #7853
                              October 15, 2004
                              11338 Posts
                              Posted: August 10, 2007, 4:33 am - IP Logged

Good thing I'm not a gangster. Good topic irondoor827.

JUST6NTLC,i'm a gangster now give me all your scratch offs.....NOW!!