Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 8:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Gangsters

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 9 years ago by irondoor827.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
tnlotto1's avatar - logo
nashville
United States
Member #49896
February 18, 2007
1181 Posts
Posted: August 10, 2007, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

JUST6NTLC,i'm a gangster now give me all your scratch offs.....NOW!!

LOL

United States
    Member #51688
    April 19, 2007
    200 Posts
    Posted: August 10, 2007, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

In FL the location of the retailer is announced the morning after the drawing.  Then the winner's name, age and town of residence is mentioned in a press release when the ticket is claimed. A very high percentage of winning tickets are sold in Miami-Dade county.  A lot of people work in that area, and many people buy their tickets on the way to work or when they're on their way home. 

I do agree with the folks who say "If you don't like the rules, don't play it."  After all, the lottery is a game.  There probably is corruption, but I don't feel it has a direct effect on individual players.  I've been alive too long to imagine any government doesn't have some corrupt business practices, but I'm not going to get paranoid about it.  Since there is such a slim chance I'll ever win a big jackpot, it's possible that a corrupt system might be my only shot at winning!  LOL 

"whos  to  say  what  they  would  do  to  me  if  I  blew  the  whistle"

I agree.  So if I were you, I'd quietly pack up & move to Cartagena.

where  is  CARTAGENA  ; 

one  problem  the  state  could  take  against  anyone  is  any  form  of  state  benifits  and  that  includes  unemployment  or  insurance  like  medicare ;

Police  or  legal  prblems  are  also  top  of  the  list ....they  could  take  away  my  right  to  play  any  state  lottery  game  by  just  giving  me  a    job  with  the  NEW  YORK  LOTTERY;

United States
      Member #51688
      April 19, 2007
      200 Posts
      Posted: August 10, 2007, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

In FL the location of the retailer is announced the morning after the drawing.  Then the winner's name, age and town of residence is mentioned in a press release when the ticket is claimed. A very high percentage of winning tickets are sold in Miami-Dade county.  A lot of people work in that area, and many people buy their tickets on the way to work or when they're on their way home. 

I do agree with the folks who say "If you don't like the rules, don't play it."  After all, the lottery is a game.  There probably is corruption, but I don't feel it has a direct effect on individual players.  I've been alive too long to imagine any government doesn't have some corrupt business practices, but I'm not going to get paranoid about it.  Since there is such a slim chance I'll ever win a big jackpot, it's possible that a corrupt system might be my only shot at winning!  LOL 

"whos  to  say  what  they  would  do  to  me  if  I  blew  the  whistle"

I agree.  So if I were you, I'd quietly pack up & move to Cartagena.

thanks  a  lot  justxploring  .....Ii  dont  think  I  will  be  taking  you  up  on  your  offer ;

Cartagena del Chairá is a town and municipality in the Colombian Department of Caquetá. The town gained notoriety during the failed FARC-Government peace process (1999-2002) between the Government of Colombia and the guerrilla group Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) which still maintains operations and a high influence in the area despite the presence of the Colombian Military.

phaseven's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #52386
        May 23, 2007
        20 Posts
        Posted: August 10, 2007, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

Ny is one of the Largest State operated Lotteries in the USA and also the most corupted ;

IN recent lottery news it has been reported the wonderfull news of new Instant ticket-millionarirs;  The strange thing is they alll came from the same county or nearby county's to the state capital WHICH IS ALBANY , NY the highest instant ticket wwinners of a million dollars.is Suffolk county ,NY followed by Scheectady county ,NY and Queens NY ;

TOP NY state elected political officials live in these areas and vote on policies which affect the lottery ; The bad news is if you live anywhere elese your chances are slim to none of winnning any large jackpots from instant ticket or raffel lotteries sold ; The results are controled to win political favortism ;The above process is illegal and has smeared my faith in the lottery' almost 30 Billion dollar a week state-wide business @

I am not paranoid you may have a good point, I think not just the instant tickets the lottery in a whole in all states, one person on lottery post have asked would you lie about how you pick your numbers to win at the lottery games. I think they may be spying on the game on all lottery games in all states, why would the lottery ask how you pick your numbers to win at the game?

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: August 10, 2007, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

why would the lottery ask how you pick your numbers to win at the game?

Why would anyone ask "what do you do for a living?" or "where did you buy that nice suit?"  The people who work at the Lottery Office were probably just being friendly or making small talk when they asked that question.  The fact that people here actually think they are "watching us" and care means that some of you sincerely believe you have the "secret" to win a large jackpot.  There have been several winners who won 2 or 3 jackpots and they're not in jail!  They're just very lucky. It just makes good press to say "Joe & Mary have been betting the birthdays of their 6 grandchildren for 4 years and they've brought them a lot of luck."  Since there's no way of getting inside your brain to prove where your numbers actually came from, asking that question would serve no purpose whatsoever if they were really conducting an investigation.

As far as asking questions in general, it is their job to make sure the person claiming the prize didn't steal the ticket or obtain it illegally.  Of course, who would admit to that anyway?  I'm glad they ask questions, since it protects the players and the integrity of the game.  The times dishonest clerks have been caught is when they were asked questions they couldn't answer correctly.  If you're not doing anything illegal, then there's nothing to worry about.  As I wrote earlier, simply answering "I just thought of them off the top of my head" is as good a response as any.  Using common sense, what can they say to dispute that?  "No you didn't!  You need to take a polygraph and get a PET-scan so we can see the numbers in your brain."

People on this board have a very pumped up, inflated image of how important we are to the Lottery.  If every active member here stopped buying tickets, it would make a small dent in the PB or MM budget. 

Michigan
            United States
            Member #52386
            May 23, 2007
            20 Posts
            Posted: August 10, 2007, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

why would the lottery ask how you pick your numbers to win at the game?

Why would anyone ask "what do you do for a living?" or "where did you buy that nice suit?"  The people who work at the Lottery Office were probably just being friendly or making small talk when they asked that question.  The fact that people here actually think they are "watching us" and care means that some of you sincerely believe you have the "secret" to win a large jackpot.  There have been several winners who won 2 or 3 jackpots and they're not in jail!  They're just very lucky. It just makes good press to say "Joe & Mary have been betting the birthdays of their 6 grandchildren for 4 years and they've brought them a lot of luck."  Since there's no way of getting inside your brain to prove where your numbers actually came from, asking that question would serve no purpose whatsoever if they were really conducting an investigation.

As far as asking questions in general, it is their job to make sure the person claiming the prize didn't steal the ticket or obtain it illegally.  Of course, who would admit to that anyway?  I'm glad they ask questions, since it protects the players and the integrity of the game.  The times dishonest clerks have been caught is when they were asked questions they couldn't answer correctly.  If you're not doing anything illegal, then there's nothing to worry about.  As I wrote earlier, simply answering "I just thought of them off the top of my head" is as good a response as any.  Using common sense, what can they say to dispute that?  "No you didn't!  You need to take a polygraph and get a PET-scan so we can see the numbers in your brain."

People on this board have a very pumped up, inflated image of how important we are to the Lottery.  If every active member here stopped buying tickets, it would make a small dent in the PB or MM budget. 

Well the person on lottery post have said that he have seen an story about two or three people that have lied about how they have picked the numbers and won the lottery, sound's like spying to me. How would they know are you using an lottery system or not? may be relevant conspiracy?

Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: August 10, 2007, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

There have been a couple of small winners here that said they didn't want to furnish that information, but that has nothing to do with a conspiracy.  The people who work at the Lottery Offices are not spies!  They don't work for the CIA!  Almost every news article says how someone picked his/her numbers.  So what?  Most of them are quick picks anyway.

I guess I should stop here since I've beaten this one to death.  If people from the Lottery are reading our posts, they are probably doing so to get ideas or see what players like or dislike.  They're just people like us doing a job!  Why would there be a conspiracy?  How would that serve a purpose? Do you think when a truck driver in Georgia wins $180 million, he's part of this big conspiracy?

The people who work for the Lottery must get a real kick out of these threads. 

Coastal Georgia
                United States
                Member #2653
                October 30, 2003
                1866 Posts
                Posted: August 10, 2007, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

Good thing I'm not a gangster. Good topic irondoor827.

"Dam it feel good to be a gangsta"

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                  nashville
                  United States
                  Member #49896
                  February 18, 2007
                  1181 Posts
                  Posted: August 10, 2007, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

"Dam it feel good to be a gangsta"

office space LOL

Wandering Aimlessly
                    United States
                    Member #25360
                    November 5, 2005
                    4461 Posts
                    Posted: August 10, 2007, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

Just thought of gangsta whitewalls. 

"Though you may not drive a great big Cadillac
                    Gangsta whitewalls, TV antennas in the back
                    You may not have a car at all
                    But remember, brothers and sisters
                    You can still stand tall

Just be thankful for what you got!"

Don't know why, but that song makes me feel so cool!  Cool

Coastal Georgia
                      United States
                      Member #2653
                      October 30, 2003
                      1866 Posts
                      Posted: August 10, 2007, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

office space LOL

You got it ---One of my favorite movies !

Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #52386
                        May 23, 2007
                        20 Posts
                        Posted: August 10, 2007, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

No one will come fourth with no information Hmmm that will help the lottery out to better customer satisfaction, they sould let the customer know subject to change with out notice for mm and pb you think.

Coastal Georgia
                          United States
                          Member #2653
                          October 30, 2003
                          1866 Posts
                          Posted: August 10, 2007, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

No one will come fourth with no information Hmmm that will help the lottery out to better customer satisfaction, they sould let the customer know subject to change with out notice for mm and pb you think.

phaseven, I don't mean to be rude, but is this english you are "speaking" ?

It makes no sense.....

Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #52386
                            May 23, 2007
                            20 Posts
                            Posted: August 10, 2007, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

phaseven, I don't mean to be rude, but is this english you are "speaking" ?

It makes no sense.....

What you mean? RNG? the machine balls? our fact?

Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #52386
                              May 23, 2007
                              20 Posts
                              Posted: August 10, 2007, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

There have been a couple of small winners here that said they didn't want to furnish that information, but that has nothing to do with a conspiracy.  The people who work at the Lottery Offices are not spies!  They don't work for the CIA!  Almost every news article says how someone picked his/her numbers.  So what?  Most of them are quick picks anyway.

I guess I should stop here since I've beaten this one to death.  If people from the Lottery are reading our posts, they are probably doing so to get ideas or see what players like or dislike.  They're just people like us doing a job!  Why would there be a conspiracy?  How would that serve a purpose? Do you think when a truck driver in Georgia wins $180 million, he's part of this big conspiracy?

The people who work for the Lottery must get a real kick out of these threads. 

or this I my have forgotten to check the box at top.