Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is it possible...

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 9 years ago by time*treat.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Charlotte
United States
Member #42106
June 27, 2006
59 Posts
Posted: August 7, 2007, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

Is it possible to use multiple methods to "corner" or "squeeze" and identify winning numbers for the next drawing?

What I am thinking of is using several different analysis methods, coming from "different angles" of approach to identify the next drawing winners.  Like using a piece of this system, and a part of that one.  I was thinking of something like starting with multiplying the previous drawing by Pi, etc. and taking those results and comparing it to other systems/methods results in order to increase your winnings/odds.

Has anyone had such luck with this approach?

Thanks in advance to all for responding!

________________________________________________________________________________

CountingMan 

The answer is always no, until the question is asked...........

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: August 7, 2007, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

Is it possible to use multiple methods to "corner" or "squeeze" and identify winning numbers for the next drawing?

What I am thinking of is using several different analysis methods, coming from "different angles" of approach to identify the next drawing winners.  Like using a piece of this system, and a part of that one.  I was thinking of something like starting with multiplying the previous drawing by Pi, etc. and taking those results and comparing it to other systems/methods results in order to increase your winnings/odds.

________________________________________________________________________________

CountingMan 

I tried that, it's never worked so I dropped it.

I've tried collaborating with others that indicate they have as much passion for developing 'systems', and almost NONE of them have offered anything back in the way of 'real' theories.

So, what I do now is just narrow my 'systems' down to about 3 WB numbers, and for the other 2, I guess/throw darts, mix 'em up, and I seem to do OK.

And for the PB itself, there are things you can do to narrow it down, but even at that, I'm narrowing it down to about 15 numbers, the PB that hits 'usually' comes from one of those 15, but that's still too many.

Maybe you will do better than I. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: August 7, 2007, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

CountingMan 

The question "Has anyone here every won a jackpot?" has been asked and answered "No", so it follows no one here is going to be able to tell you what works best when it comes to winning  one. 

At best a member may be able to do is offer their theories which I have done many times but most people aren't willing to take it from there, they want a working system. something they can't even buy.

My theory is what works most is most likely to work again.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
        Member #13130
        March 30, 2005
        2171 Posts
        Posted: August 8, 2007, 6:31 am - IP Logged

CountingMan 

Some players combine their own methods with others', and play the numbers that appear in both or (2 of 3, etc.) sets.  I've posted in threads and blogged about doing this, but it is "determined loner" type work.

The hurdle is to determine which systems to combine. You can't just throw any 3 or 4 together. Optimizing involves lots of testing. Most people are not willing to do this much work, though, so you will not find much help.

My theory-in-progress answer to your question is "yes" Cool

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

LottoChica23's avatar - Aquarius
          Fughedaboutit (NY)
          United States
          Member #8160
          October 26, 2004
          6777 Posts
          Posted: August 8, 2007, 9:02 am - IP Logged

Some players combine their own methods with others', and play the numbers that appear in both or (2 of 3, etc.) sets.  I've posted in threads and blogged about doing this, but it is "determined loner" type work.

The hurdle is to determine which systems to combine. You can't just throw any 3 or 4 together. Optimizing involves lots of testing. Most people are not willing to do this much work, though, so you will not find much help.

My theory-in-progress answer to your question is "yes" Cool

I Agree! In my experience, I have found that combining systems can be fruitful. I agree with time*treat, it is important to find the right combination of systems to put together.

Some systems to consider combining (for Pick 3) are Mirrors, Mates, Prof Hitts workouts, GAPS, VTRACS, Followers, Lottery Bible and the tools on LP e.g. Number Deflate.

Good Luck Troll

Matrix Chart Instructions--> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/191818 

check out mysticwomyn Announcers --> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140695/673306

You can judge the integrity of a man by the way he treats those that can do nothing for him...Thumbs Up

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
            Stone Mountain*Georgia
            United States
            Member #828
            November 2, 2002
            10491 Posts
            Posted: August 8, 2007, 9:17 am - IP Logged

Learning the Math behind the game ....... that will get you closer to what you want than anything out there.

In this game ....Math is Sexy!  Naughty

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
              Member #41383
              June 16, 2006
              1969 Posts
              Posted: August 8, 2007, 10:43 am - IP Logged

I concur with RJOH.

I personally think AT BEST any 'system' will help you narrow it down to two numbers - three at the very most.

You can develop a system that will get you to a list of viable numbers, and in due time they MIGHT hit - but that matrix changes after every drawing.

I just about always get 2 WB every drawing, I get 3 frequently, and I've gotten 4 'a lot' of times in the last 19 months, but getting them with that 5th number and/or the PB is ever-elusive.

One thing is, every time I see a STRONG tendency for one thing to happen - to be 'due' - it disappears - right RJoH ? (LOL)

Next problem is: I have too many theories, too many trends I track, and at any one time just two of them are 'good' out of about eight to choose from. Which two ?   That's the jackpot question, along with which three other numbers, as well as the PB.

As I say a million times, a loser is a loser (set of numbers), close does not count. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19831 Posts
                Posted: August 8, 2007, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

It should be noted too that many members post predictions that are checked by LP which also provide statistics about them.  You can check the top predictors for the type of game you're playing and then do a search to find what they have written in the past about picking numbers.

Evil Looking       

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8364 Posts
                  Posted: August 9, 2007, 2:10 am - IP Logged

The question "Has anyone here every won a jackpot?" has been asked and answered "No", so it follows no one here is going to be able to tell you what works best when it comes to winning  one. 

At best a member may be able to do is offer their theories which I have done many times but most people aren't willing to take it from there, they want a working system. something they can't even buy.

My theory is what works most is most likely to work again.

Yes Stgermain has won lil lotto 2 times

Lkydeb*594's avatar - yummyxmascat
                    Luv Vtracs 8-)

United States
                    Member #38062
                    April 23, 2006
                    12589 Posts
                    Posted: August 9, 2007, 8:07 am - IP Logged

I have won once in Fantasy 5 but I don't play p5 anymore, I'm into p3 for now.  I will get back to p5 when I have more time in my hands but right now I'm too busy with my job. P3 alone is enough to work with on paper & pencil & pc.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19831 Posts
                      Posted: August 9, 2007, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

I concur with RJOH.

I personally think AT BEST any 'system' will help you narrow it down to two numbers - three at the very most.

You can develop a system that will get you to a list of viable numbers, and in due time they MIGHT hit - but that matrix changes after every drawing.

I just about always get 2 WB every drawing, I get 3 frequently, and I've gotten 4 'a lot' of times in the last 19 months, but getting them with that 5th number and/or the PB is ever-elusive.

One thing is, every time I see a STRONG tendency for one thing to happen - to be 'due' - it disappears - right RJoH ? (LOL)

Next problem is: I have too many theories, too many trends I track, and at any one time just two of them are 'good' out of about eight to choose from. Which two ?   That's the jackpot question, along with which three other numbers, as well as the PB.

As I say a million times, a loser is a loser (set of numbers), close does not count. 

I Agree! I agree with guesser, tracking trends gives you a lot of information but if you can't tie all that information together to get a picture of how each piece works with the others such that you can pick three or more of the winning numbers together every time, it's not going to help you.  Matching two is better than matching nothing but with most games it's the same as matching nothing.

Stay tuned and continue to read others thoughts as well as contribute your owns, maybe some day someone will hit on the right formula for picking a winner more than once  and share it.

Good luck to you.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7322 Posts
                        Posted: August 10, 2007, 12:31 am - IP Logged

CountingMan 

"I was thinking of something like starting with multiplying the previous drawing by Pi, etc."

Aw, the old "had I" system. Had I mathematically done this, that, or something else to the previous draw or drawings, I would have the winning numbers in the next draw. These systems are based on knowing the results and could also be called "it worked once so it should always work" strategy.

You could start out by creating an equation; previous draw (pd) plus/minus/multiplied/divided/ by X equal the next draw (nd). After finding "X" the next step is to see if it consistently produces the next winning numbers. Adding and/or subtracting will give you one number each but with multiplying and/or dividing, you'll probably have to round it off.

Pi is an irrational number that is the ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle with millions of digits following the decimal point without repetition. I found a site that has the first 10 million digits of the square root of 2 so somebody probably did that to Pi too. If you have the time, you'll probably find the next draw in exact order somewhere in those millions of digits.

"Has anyone had such luck with this approach?"

Luck is when somebody has two cars and the 3 digit plate numbers hit straight two days in a row and they bet all the first hit winnings on the second draw. Isn't the idea of a system to accurately and consistently pick the winning numbers?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19831 Posts
                          Posted: August 10, 2007, 2:33 am - IP Logged

"Isn't the idea of a system to accurately and consistently pick the winning numbers?"

That might be true if you're playing a pick3 game that pays $50 for a box hit or $500 for a straight hit, but when you're playing a pick5 or jackpot game you only have to be accurate a few times and close the rest to know you're doing something right.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7322 Posts
                            Posted: August 10, 2007, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

"Isn't the idea of a system to accurately and consistently pick the winning numbers?"

That might be true if you're playing a pick3 game that pays $50 for a box hit or $500 for a straight hit, but when you're playing a pick5 or jackpot game you only have to be accurate a few times and close the rest to know you're doing something right.

Times have changed but Pick-3 was called "the Number" and systems were designed to pick one number not 6 or 50 and brag when one of those numbers hits in the box. There might be some logic to play 50 numbers straight to get 9 to 1 odds but if they need to box those 50 numbers to get a hit, it's a losing proposition. I guess they forgot to add the fine print that says they are actually playing 300 numbers.

Most Pick-3 games offer a 2 out 3 pay off, but not many people play Front Pair, Back Pair, or Outside Pair. Getting a buck back for hitting 2 out of 5 in a Pick-5 game doesn't sound like much unless you compare it to games that give you nothing. Other than just having another chance to win, states that offer a free play that they pick is no help to people that pick their own numbers.

I'm not knocking the people that bet $25 playing 50 numbers but the most they can win is $250; I just believe that if I'm going to bet $25, I want the chance to win at least $100,000 so I prefer to play the Pick-5. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19831 Posts
                              Posted: August 10, 2007, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Times have changed but Pick-3 was called "the Number" and systems were designed to pick one number not 6 or 50 and brag when one of those numbers hits in the box. There might be some logic to play 50 numbers straight to get 9 to 1 odds but if they need to box those 50 numbers to get a hit, it's a losing proposition. I guess they forgot to add the fine print that says they are actually playing 300 numbers.

Most Pick-3 games offer a 2 out 3 pay off, but not many people play Front Pair, Back Pair, or Outside Pair. Getting a buck back for hitting 2 out of 5 in a Pick-5 game doesn't sound like much unless you compare it to games that give you nothing. Other than just having another chance to win, states that offer a free play that they pick is no help to people that pick their own numbers.

I'm not knocking the people that bet $25 playing 50 numbers but the most they can win is $250; I just believe that if I'm going to bet $25, I want the chance to win at least $100,000 so I prefer to play the Pick-5. 

I Agree! I've often said the pick3 or numbers game is not for players who want to get lucky and win some real money but for those players who love to gamble every day and win a few dollars once in a while.  I've seen some members post 50 numbers to play and when they get a box hit anywhere in the country they are happy. 

The facts are the odds of getting a box hit in any game are 1:210 and with more than 50 games (mid-day and evenings) their odds of getting a box hit some where in the country are 50 X 50 divided by 210 or better than 10:1

Evil Looking