Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is it possible...

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 9 years ago by time*treat.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7297 Posts
Posted: August 24, 2007, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

Positional theory is what "System X" proposes. You can find it free if you do some digging and, of course, there are plenty of people willing to sell it to you. It's a decent start, if you've got a good-sized bankroll. Otherwise, as you've noticed, it's a bit incomplete by itself especially when you're north of a half-million combos to filter through.

20% doesn't seem like much until you consider the size the OH p5 rolls to sometimes. Even if you were left with 5% hit ratio after all your other filters, that's still 18 Rolling Cash jackpots per year times $100K (minimum) equals +$1.8M ... Or 5 MegaMillions wins, whatever that's worth. 

I believe RJ said "3 out of 5" of the 7 - 15 most frequent numbers hit 20% of the time and that only plays $10.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19817 Posts
    Posted: August 24, 2007, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

I believe RJ said "3 out of 5" of the 7 - 15 most frequent numbers hit 20% of the time and that only plays $10.

That's counting all the possible combinations with 7-15 numbers in each position which would ~11^5.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
      Member #13130
      March 30, 2005
      2171 Posts
      Posted: August 24, 2007, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

True. But, as I said, that's a beginning. Certainly, you would add several more filters.

Here's a little more for clarity:

If I know the most frequent 7-to-15 (group A) contain at best 3, then I certainly wouldn't play blocks of four or five from that group Shocked

I'm gonna take 3 from group A and two from the remaining numbers (group B).

I'm also gonna eliminate groups of 5 that have fallen before, and maybe groups of 4. (Yeah, I know, someone will find those few percent times when there was a repeat block of four, but on most drawings, this will be a good idea) 

Well, I won't try to flesh-out an entire system on someone else's thread... but I thought it was understood that this may be a more-than-one-filter process.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19817 Posts
        Posted: August 25, 2007, 12:17 am - IP Logged

I was thinking about more than a group A and B. 

I looked at the winning combinations (sorted) of a pick5 game, lowest number to the left and picked a group for each column of numbers. 

For example since its matrix change 227 drawings ago MegaMillions top nine numbers in column one have been 01 02 03 05 06 07 08 09 & 14 which account for 60% of the numbers in that position of the winning combinations.  I picked numbers similarly for the other four columns and then searched for winning combinations with one number from each of the five groups and I didn't find any, the best I found was three and not very often.

So much for picking numbers by their most popular position.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
          Member #13130
          March 30, 2005
          2171 Posts
          Posted: August 25, 2007, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

I was thinking about more than a group A and B. 

I looked at the winning combinations (sorted) of a pick5 game, lowest number to the left and picked a group for each column of numbers. 

For example since its matrix change 227 drawings ago MegaMillions top nine numbers in column one have been 01 02 03 05 06 07 08 09 & 14 which account for 60% of the numbers in that position of the winning combinations.  I picked numbers similarly for the other four columns and then searched for winning combinations with one number from each of the five groups and I didn't find any, the best I found was three and not very often.

So much for picking numbers by their most popular position.

Oh. Well, that's different.

I think I tried something like this years ago. My results were that one group or another tended to have 2 or 3 winners and another group would have 0.

Instead of 1,1,1,1,1 ~ I'd see 1,0,2,1,1 or 1,0,3,1,0. I didn't find any reliable way to determine where the blanks(0's) or clusters(2's or 3's) would occur.

Also there was a low/high number bias in groups A & E which tended to make these two groups larger than the other three.

Maybe this is worth considering as a filter instead. Cool

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.