Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$1 QP vs $2 Your numbers and a QP

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
auriel1's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg

United States
Member #40143
May 28, 2006
16 Posts
Posted: August 17, 2007, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Todd, I am a little confused.  After your discussion of a new rng I did some qp's and the results were impressive.........if I had used the #'s generated and played them yesterday.

Since I really hadn't used it before is that your new system or old?  Whatever it is I like it!!

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
    Harbinger
    D.C./MD.
    United States
    Member #44103
    July 30, 2006
    5583 Posts
    Posted: August 17, 2007, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

Here is todays Lottery Post RNG 20 lines, I will fill out the slips every other line instead of every two and we'll see what comes forth.

Quick Picks Random Number Generator (RNG)Quick Picks Random Number Generator (RNG)

Your 20 6/39 tickets:

02 · 05 · 15 · 21 · 23 · 29
    06 · 11 · 15 · 16 · 25 · 28
    03 · 06 · 12 · 19 · 26 · 27
    05 · 12 · 24 · 25 · 37 · 39
    03 · 05 · 26 · 27 · 28 · 29
    03 · 08 · 09 · 18 · 24 · 27
    02 · 07 · 13 · 20 · 23 · 33
    11 · 15 · 16 · 24 · 36 · 37
    02 · 19 · 26 · 31 · 33 · 37
    01 · 02 · 14 · 24 · 26 · 37
    04 · 12 · 22 · 23 · 29 · 39
    02 · 14 · 26 · 34 · 36 · 39
    01 · 03 · 08 · 29 · 36 · 39
    10 · 21 · 22 · 26 · 33 · 39
    04 · 08 · 25 · 29 · 30 · 34
    05 · 13 · 18 · 22 · 25 · 26
    05 · 07 · 14 · 30 · 38 · 39
    01 · 15 · 17 · 18 · 21 · 37
    03 · 04 · 09 · 15 · 19 · 35
    08 · 14 · 22 · 27 · 30 · 38
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This page was generated in 0.0469 seconds.
    Copyright © 1999-2007 LotteryPost.com.  All rights reserved.

I think LP RNG will do better with this set.

OK here they are the tix every other line. I had to saturate the image heavily because they lottery terminal needs a new ribbon.

dc6081707

Looking at our lines and DC's QPs immediately after each line, I see less influence from our lines to the DC Qp's than yesterdays when we did every other 2 lines. There are alot of following pairs though. Ticket #3 has a lot of similar 30's.

White Bounce

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23267 Posts
      Posted: August 17, 2007, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

Todd, I am a little confused.  After your discussion of a new rng I did some qp's and the results were impressive.........if I had used the #'s generated and played them yesterday.

Since I really hadn't used it before is that your new system or old?  Whatever it is I like it!!

Grrr... that's why I was offering to make both available.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: August 17, 2007, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

Grrr... that's why I was offering to make both available.

Chaos is chaos. There have been incidents where all odds or evens displayed themselves in Florida. There have been times where in the p-3, long unlikely draws have been dormant for a very long time, then all of a sudden manifest themseves.

iT'S A CRAP SHOOT.!!!!

lIFE IS A CRAP SHOOT!

gET IT?

nOMATTER HOW MANY rngS YOU MAKE, RANDOM SITUATIONS WILL ACT ACCORDINGLY.

hI tODDD?  lol jUST JOKIKIN....

aCTUALLY, THERE WAS A TIME WHEN i MAde SENSE....bELEIVE ME...LOL

CCHS13's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
          Illinois
          United States
          Member #46704
          September 23, 2006
          3692 Posts
          Posted: August 17, 2007, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

How about adding a RNG that picks from predictions mainly for the jackpot games

in an attempt to colaberate all those 3 out of 5 and 3/4 out of 6.  3 out of 5 is a pretty

consistent thing around LP

Men Lie Women Lie Numbers Dont

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23267 Posts
            Posted: August 17, 2007, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

How about adding a RNG that picks from predictions mainly for the jackpot games

in an attempt to colaberate all those 3 out of 5 and 3/4 out of 6.  3 out of 5 is a pretty

consistent thing around LP

That's a bit beyond the scope of a Lottery Post tool, but all the data for that can easily be pulled into Excel, and you can do that in Excel.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: August 18, 2007, 1:12 am - IP Logged

"the scenario of buying your picks then the QP's seems to result in interesting number sequences, maybe peculiar is a better word"

I was waiting for someone else to ask this, but this was my first thought when I first saw this topic:

How does the terminal know you are the player using your own numbers?  Sounds as if you are saying that when a player uses a card with his own numbers, the terminal generates stranger or different combinations than when you just buy a QP or two.  So how does anyone know when he walks into a store and just gets 5 QPs (without playing your personal numbers) that the person before you didn't play his own numbers? 

Am I making sense?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10351 Posts
                Posted: August 18, 2007, 1:50 am - IP Logged

I think, somehow, if you were to have a playslip with one set of your numbers and the next line marked QP the numbers on the QP line would tend to be a lot closer to the numbers you have chosen (if your numbers are first!). I'm not saying this happemns all the time, but it certainly happens often enough to be noticeable.

I think if you play it QP for Game A and your numbers for Game B it wouldn't matter.  

Same scenario, Pick 5 game, $1 a line, if you had two playslips, one with numbers you picked, the other with one game (Game A) marked QP - and you played the QP second, those two sets of numbers would be more independent of each other.

I think certain number sequences might trigger numbers close to themselves.

Just a hunch. But I've had some weird occurences with QPs, such as playing at the same place two days in a row and getting the same exact ticket except for one number.

This is one of those threads when I really miss Rip Snorter.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Harbinger
                  D.C./MD.
                  United States
                  Member #44103
                  July 30, 2006
                  5583 Posts
                  Posted: August 18, 2007, 10:32 am - IP Logged

The results were 11-18-19-21-29-31 BB 6

The LP RNG scored 19 hits $0

The DC QP RNG scored 31 hits with a single 3 of 6 for $2 net loss $18.

The first ticket had all 6 winning numbers on the first 4 lines and that is where the 3 of 6 is. As far as coming to any conclusion as to whether or not the numbers seed or follow is again a matter of opinion on this round. I think they do especially in the scenarios that Coin Toss describes. I think I will pick my own and use an abbreviated wheel which will have 14 wheeled numbers instead of all different RNG's and see what happens with the DC QP's seeded by the wheel.

Banana

Harbinger
                    D.C./MD.
                    United States
                    Member #44103
                    July 30, 2006
                    5583 Posts
                    Posted: August 18, 2007, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

Ok here you go I haven't checked results but tonight I spent a little more time to examine what the machine gave versus the picks I made with 15 lines from a wheel.

dc6081807

I did a line to line check of my numbers versus the QP's generated, there were only 2 lines that had no numbers duplicated by the DCQPicker, there were 5 lines that had 1 number duplicated,there were 3 lines that had 2 numbers duped., and there is one line that had 4 numbers duplicated by the Qpicker!.

The last ticket I did, 2 mine 2 QP and 3 mine 3 QP, on the 2 mine it gave back on two lines two numbers, and on the three mine it put the first three numbers of the third my line into the following 3 Qp's.

The real interesting one is the 2nd. ticket tonight, every line on that ticket had 1 and 2 numbers from my lines and on the fifth it matched 4. I know it is hard to read the 2nd. ticket but I chose:

05-14-15-19-29-30

it gave:

05-14-19-24-29-31. almost a 5 match!

I can't argue with myself anymore because I have always believed the QP's somehow are related to what is being played at that moment at that terminal, sometimes more so than others, but there you have it, some real evidence that it is not totally random and unrelated.

It may be some sort of timer the programmers have thrown into the code and in computers, 1 millisecond is an eternity.  It is as if, as numbers are being purchased it (the seed code) goes valid to seed the QPs somehow and if that period expires it won't seed. This may be an explanation to what JX was alluding to earlier that if you walk in behind someone how it knows the diff. anyway I've reinforced my belief this happens, I may try it on a ball draw game like bonusmatch 5 for grins with the same numbers two nights or three in a row and see if there is any similarity with the QPs it gives back, playing the same lines several nights in a row.

Smash

Harbinger
                      D.C./MD.
                      United States
                      Member #44103
                      July 30, 2006
                      5583 Posts
                      Posted: August 19, 2007, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

Well if I didn't mention what happened today after buying DCDaily6 this topic may have ended but Coin Toss must know!

I won't post the tickets unless someone feels it necessary, but I bought my usual $15 DC6 30 lines, an abbreviated wheel 14 numbers, so my total with my P4's came to $13 so I asked for two PowerBall Quickie Picks for a total $15, the first PowerBall line had the first 3 digits of my wheel in order! 02, 06, 07!

Was it a coincidence? Was it interesting, peculiar? Two different games to boot.

I say it is "cwazy old computers"!

Those machines must have old code and memory stack clearing problems from the old hardware in those terminals. I mean they have mux boxes with adapters for RS-422 to some archaic RJ-45 serial plugs connecting the terminals to the main frame.  I think these terminals are quasi host-terminal services machines...........They must go local momentarily creating the QP's and the memory is being overwhelmed by REQ/ACK type commands from the local code running at that moment.

I think I am going to try MD., with this QP thing, their computers and equipment is much newer than DC's, and see what happens.

md lottery

Harbinger
                        D.C./MD.
                        United States
                        Member #44103
                        July 30, 2006
                        5583 Posts
                        Posted: August 19, 2007, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

Well if I didn't mention what happened today after buying DCDaily6 this topic may have ended but Coin Toss must know!

I won't post the tickets unless someone feels it necessary, but I bought my usual $15 DC6 30 lines, an abbreviated wheel 14 numbers, so my total with my P4's came to $13 so I asked for two PowerBall Quickie Picks for a total $15, the first PowerBall line had the first 3 digits of my wheel in order! 02, 06, 07!

Was it a coincidence? Was it interesting, peculiar? Two different games to boot.

I say it is "cwazy old computers"!

Those machines must have old code and memory stack clearing problems from the old hardware in those terminals. I mean they have mux boxes with adapters for RS-422 to some archaic RJ-45 serial plugs connecting the terminals to the main frame.  I think these terminals are quasi host-terminal services machines...........They must go local momentarily creating the QP's and the memory is being overwhelmed by REQ/ACK type commands from the local code running at that moment.

I think I am going to try MD., with this QP thing, their computers and equipment is much newer than DC's, and see what happens.

md lottery

P.S. The reason it came to $13 I had $11 worth of winners from yesterday's QP experiment.White Bounce

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                          Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Posted: August 25, 2007, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

Okay - can't tell if it's a coincidence, since I'm aware of this now, but it just happened to me.  I played my regular numbers and then asked for 2 QPs ($52 million jackpot...so why not?) 

There are 3 numbers that are the same and the 3 others are very close.  The pattern for both QPs is almost identical to what I usually play. 

Maybe you've gotten something here, Jarasan!Idea

ConstantlyB's avatar - chi
                            Wilson
                            United States
                            Member #54516
                            August 21, 2007
                            2802 Posts
                            Posted: August 26, 2007, 12:06 am - IP Logged

I think so.....I've noticed the same thing. Therefore I put my personal picks on one slip and quick picks on separate slips.  Call it crazy...but whatever works.

"MAKE THAT MONEY YA'LL"

wisdom from Tyler Perry's Madea:"It doesn't matter what people call you....it's what you answer to."

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10351 Posts
                              Posted: August 26, 2007, 12:17 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the replies- so it's not just Illinois. 

Maybe it's just something inherent with the terminals, somehow, or like Jarasan explained.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.