Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Michael Vick = Prison

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Rick G.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

How much time will he get when he pleaeads guilty ?

1 year or less [ 27 ]  [62.79%]
2 to 5 years [ 11 ]  [25.58%]
More than 5 years [ 5 ]  [11.63%]
Total Valid Votes [ 43 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
LiLSpeedy's avatar - 2714
Decatur, GA
United States
Member #20471
August 18, 2005
2668 Posts
Posted: August 18, 2007, 8:12 am - IP Logged

I discarded my vote because any time served in prison is dangerous. While I am disappointed with Michael Vick's choice of so-called friends, he still is responsible for his actions. However, I take no pleasure in another man's downfall. All of us, at one time or another have made a bad choice in life. If you have not then may GOD continue to bless you. 

Winning is Funtastic!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23275 Posts
    Posted: August 18, 2007, 9:48 am - IP Logged

This is not a state case its Federal. Im not trying to condone what has happened here but I highly

doubt Mike himself is the one that put the dogs to rest. He is the ring leader for most of this would

not be possible without his finances but he is not a monster. When dogs fight they sustain injuries

that make the quality of life miserable, similar to when a horse breaks his leg and they shoot him

with no problem and justify it by saying he is better off dead. The dogs that were put to rest was done

in a similar fashion. Its not like he is breeding dogs just to find ways to kill them off. Dog fighting has

been around for years people and on top of that if you pay attention most if not all of the dogs involved

were Pitt Bulls, the most hated dogs by most of society. These dogs are killers by nature so dont

hang the man. Most people could care less about a damn Pitt Bull, we have alot more important issues

He DID kill dogs himself -- hanging them and drowning them.  It's in the court papers, which are available online:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0817071vick1.html

It has been going on for at least 6 years.  They found over 50 pit bulls on his property.

This guy is not what you think.  He's involved in the worst kind of animal cruelty, and I do not think he will get off lightly, especially after the public is made aware of everything in more detail.

It is important to be sure that people are given a fair shake, especially in light of today's mainstream media, which is more interested in destroying lives for ratings than honest reporting.  However, when it comes to light that the person being investigated is truly doing evil things, like Vick apparently is, it is equally important to be intellectually honest and say call a monster a monster, even if you previously thought highly of him or enjoy watching him throw a football.

The dogs he personally killed were not like a horse that needs to be put down.  They were killed because they did not fight well enough for him.  That is evil.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
      ORLANDO, FLORIDA
      United States
      Member #4924
      June 3, 2004
      5912 Posts
      Posted: August 18, 2007, 10:07 am - IP Logged

This is not a state case its Federal. Im not trying to condone what has happened here but I highly

doubt Mike himself is the one that put the dogs to rest. He is the ring leader for most of this would

not be possible without his finances but he is not a monster. When dogs fight they sustain injuries

that make the quality of life miserable, similar to when a horse breaks his leg and they shoot him

with no problem and justify it by saying he is better off dead. The dogs that were put to rest was done

in a similar fashion. Its not like he is breeding dogs just to find ways to kill them off. Dog fighting has

been around for years people and on top of that if you pay attention most if not all of the dogs involved

were Pitt Bulls, the most hated dogs by most of society. These dogs are killers by nature so dont

hang the man. Most people could care less about a damn Pitt Bull, we have alot more important issues

His actions speaks louder than words!! 

This is from Fox Sports on MSN.

As part of the plea agreements, Phillips and Peace signed statements that said Vick joined in executing at least eight dogs that didn't do well in test fights by various methods, including hanging and drowning.

"Peace, Phillips and Vick executed approximately 8 dogs that did not perform well in 'testing' sessions at 1915 Moonlight Road by various methods, including hanging and drowning. All three participated in executing the dogs. Peace agrees and stipulates that these dogs all died as a result of the collective efforts of Peace, Phillips and Vick," Peace's statement said.

Vick also posed for a photo with three co-defendants and a pit bull they were about to sponsor in a dogfight in North Carolina four years ago, according to Peace's statement of facts.

This is after the FEDS are finished with him.

Michael Vick's legal problems won't end with the federal case being brought against him.

Virginia Commonwealth Attorney Gerald Poindexter said Friday afternoon that the state intended to pursue a case against Vick and others on possible animal cruelty and dogfighting charges.

"Yes, indeed, we will prosecute," Poindexter told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Friday.

Poindexter said he was likely to submit his case to the grand jury that is scheduled to convene September 25, the newspaper reported.

Poindexter admitted that he did not yet know what charges he would bring, but he did say he would use evidence gathered and testimony given during the federal case to help support his prosecution effort.

"The execution of these animals — and the manner in which they were executed — is startlingly offensive and demanding of prosecution," Poindexter said, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

In Virginia, animal cruelty charges hold penalties of up to five years in jail for each animal killed

detroit
        United States
        Member #54422
        August 18, 2007
        1 Posts
        Posted: August 18, 2007, 11:51 am - IP Logged

f*** vick! he should've kept it real off bat

mjwinsmith's avatar - moon

United States
          Member #391
          June 8, 2002
          16076 Posts
          Posted: August 18, 2007, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

There is way too much evidence for him to be acquitted, but I believe he will get a light sentence.  I just hope people realize this case isn't about football, and it isn't about race and it isn't about money.  The victims here are the helpless animals who were drowned, electrocuted and hanged by a sadistic person who turned cruelty into a profitable business.  He's a successful athlete who lives in a mansion.  So this was about power and greed, and our society has got to take a stand and remember what Ghandi said:

The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

You hit the nail right on the head!

Britney's avatar - melissa sool.png
            California
            United States
            Member #4471
            April 27, 2004
            1574 Posts
            Posted: August 18, 2007, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

He DID kill dogs himself -- hanging them and drowning them.  It's in the court papers, which are available online:

It has been going on for at least 6 years.  They found over 50 pit bulls on his property.

This guy is not what you think.  He's involved in the worst kind of animal cruelty, and I do not think he will get off lightly, especially after the public is made aware of everything in more detail.

It is important to be sure that people are given a fair shake, especially in light of today's mainstream media, which is more interested in destroying lives for ratings than honest reporting.  However, when it comes to light that the person being investigated is truly doing evil things, like Vick apparently is, it is equally important to be intellectually honest and say call a monster a monster, even if you previously thought highly of him or enjoy watching him throw a football.

The dogs he personally killed were not like a horse that needs to be put down.  They were killed because they did not fight well enough for him.  That is evil.

I Agree!

fbird's avatar - nw archer.jpg
              White Lake,Mi
              United States
              Member #1495
              May 12, 2003
              5546 Posts
              Posted: August 18, 2007, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

due to him being as huge a star as he is in football and him having money i say he gets a light sentence,hefty fines and suspension from pro football for one year.after this one year the falcons will have already dropped him.look for mike vick to play in 2008 for either of these teams below......

1-detroit lions

2-tampa bay bucs

3-jacksonville jags

tho the lions can be a pathetic bunch on the field, they do not usually sign people with character issues.....and Vick has sone serious ones.

Vick make cop a plea...but I really don't think he is going to get off too lightly....everyone is watching this case and will jump all over ther legal system if they go too easy. I really believe his troubles are just starting, and as far as football... I think he is toast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VAL

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me: I may not follow.

Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                Member #14
                November 9, 2001
                31363 Posts
                Posted: August 18, 2007, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

love to nibble those micey feet.

Buford. GA
                  United States
                  Member #4
                  April 19, 2001
                  853 Posts
                  Posted: August 19, 2007, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

Vick will be back!  Why?  He sells tickets....period!!

Personnally I think he's a creep...always have. Especially after he defended his brother during his troubles while in college!

Arthur Blank was duped?  No, men like Blank are blinded by the money.

Falcons will have a tough season...so be it.

"as long as you win more than you lose...gamblins' not a problem"

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                    Clarksville
                    United States
                    Member #487
                    July 15, 2002
                    17638 Posts
                    Posted: August 19, 2007, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

I feel personally that he should have to do some time maybe not much but when these athletes get in the public eye, they need to leave all of that "garbage" behind.  His mother or dad should have whipped his ass one more time.  They need to learn "how to act"..It is sad to say, but it is the truth.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

Coastal Georgia
                      United States
                      Member #2653
                      October 30, 2003
                      1866 Posts
                      Posted: August 19, 2007, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

If you want a little more info on the sub-human sub culture called dogfighting, there is a good story on Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel on HBO.

Check your local listings...( I sound like the tv announcer guy from the Geico commercial) -

" In a world, where s***bags pit dog against dog and kill the losers, justice will prevail"

Ms. Pat's avatar - Lottery-032.jpg
                        Fayetteville, Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #3593
                        February 2, 2004
                        2285 Posts
                        Posted: August 19, 2007, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

I am not condoning bad behavior on part of one person but if one individual is to be the sacrificial lamb or poster child let's go after the entire industry...Not stopping to get one person.....That's my 2 cents worth!

Ms. Pat

Toy's avatar - Lottery-034.jpg

United States
                          Member #45
                          September 7, 2001
                          838 Posts
                          Posted: August 19, 2007, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Very well Said.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                            Member #14
                            November 9, 2001
                            31363 Posts
                            Posted: August 19, 2007, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

I am not condoning bad behavior on part of one person but if one individual is to be the sacrificial lamb or poster child let's go after the entire industry...Not stopping to get one person.....That's my 2 cents worth!

Ms. Pat

The entire industry has been gone after.  Dog fighting is ILLEGAL in 50  states.

Puppy 2 

love to nibble those micey feet.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                              Wandering Aimlessly
                              United States
                              Member #25360
                              November 5, 2005
                              4461 Posts
                              Posted: August 19, 2007, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

Ms. Pat

I was going to ask Todd to add an emoticon with an "I disagree" sign  but I suppose this will do.  LOL

No No

Ms Pat, Michael Vick is not the "sacrificial lamb" in this case.  Sure, sometime people are scapegoats, but he committed a crime and should pay for it.  This so-called "sport" has been investigated for many years and law enforcement raids are common.  Miami-Dade County got so frustrated that it banned owning pit bulls, even by responsible pet owners, because of all the illegal activities. Perhaps the reason you feel this way is that dogfighting has only recently been brought to your attention by all the attention this case has brought to the public eye.

Dogfighting is ILLEGAL and in most states is a FELONY.  I don't know how anyone can say that, just because he is a sports figure, he is being singled out as a poster child.  That is like saying that Mel Gibson and Paris Hilton, who were both caught driving drunk, were prosecuted only because of their fame.  Maybe it's about time that rich, famous people stop getting their hands slapped when they commit crimes that most of us would get arrested and convicted for, because we can't afford the best attorneys or play football. 

The only "good" that is coming from this situation is that people who were otherwise unaware of this terrible form of animal cruelty, are better informed.