Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 5:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Michael Vick = Prison

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Rick G.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

How much time will he get when he pleaeads guilty ?

1 year or less [ 27 ]  [62.79%]
2 to 5 years [ 11 ]  [25.58%]
More than 5 years [ 5 ]  [11.63%]
Total Valid Votes [ 43 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
nobie23's avatar - squiz

United States
Member #3009
December 12, 2003
2065 Posts
Posted: August 19, 2007, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

I was going to ask Todd to add an emoticon with an "I disagree" sign  but I suppose this will do.  LOL

No No

Ms Pat, Michael Vick is not the "sacrificial lamb" in this case.  Sure, sometime people are scapegoats, but he committed a crime and should pay for it.  This so-called "sport" has been investigated for many years and law enforcement raids are common.  Miami-Dade County got so frustrated that it banned owning pit bulls, even by responsible pet owners, because of all the illegal activities. Perhaps the reason you feel this way is that dogfighting has only recently been brought to your attention by all the attention this case has brought to the public eye.

Dogfighting is ILLEGAL and in most states is a FELONY.  I don't know how anyone can say that, just because he is a sports figure, he is being singled out as a poster child.  That is like saying that Mel Gibson and Paris Hilton, who were both caught driving drunk, were prosecuted only because of their fame.  Maybe it's about time that rich, famous people stop getting their hands slapped when they commit crimes that most of us would get arrested and convicted for, because we can't afford the best attorneys or play football. 

The only "good" that is coming from this situation is that people who were otherwise unaware of this terrible form of animal cruelty, are better informed.

because he is a well known athlete he is being made a scapegoat. if it was a common joe blow off the street, you wouldn't hear anything about the incident. i don't agree with what took place but come on he is the sacrificial lamb in this case. there are more bigger heads to fry than his..what about the owners of the other dogs that were involved in the fighting????

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
    Member #14
    November 9, 2001
    31526 Posts
    Posted: August 19, 2007, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

because he is a well known athlete he is being made a scapegoat. if it was a common joe blow off the street, you wouldn't hear anything about the incident. i don't agree with what took place but come on he is the sacrificial lamb in this case. there are more bigger heads to fry than his..what about the owners of the other dogs that were involved in the fighting????

He is accused of a FELONY.  What don't you get?

Dog fighting ring broken up on Hwy. 29 - all those sub-humans are doing jail time.

love to nibble those micey feet.

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
      Member #50124
      February 26, 2007
      601 Posts
      Posted: August 19, 2007, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

The entire industry has been gone after.  Dog fighting is ILLEGAL in 50  states.

Puppy 2 

It's only a misdemeanor in Idaho.  Creeps get caught, pay a small fine, and are back doing it the next weekend.  Note to self:  Write to my state reps first thing Monday.

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
        Member #50124
        February 26, 2007
        601 Posts
        Posted: August 19, 2007, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

You're right, we wouldn't be hearing about it.  But I believe they'd still be prosecuting him, even if he was joe blow.  The other two owners WERE arrested, and have already plead guilty, haven't they?  He's a dog owner, he provided the property to hold the fights on, he personally used cruel methods to execute some of the under-performing dogs.  What bigger head could there be to fry???

Coastal Georgia
          United States
          Member #2653
          October 30, 2003
          1866 Posts
          Posted: August 20, 2007, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

UPDATE :

Vick has agreed to a plea deal with the Feds. He has changed his plea to guilty.

We will see what happens next.....

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
            Wisconsin
            United States
            Member #1303
            March 27, 2003
            1508 Posts
            Posted: August 20, 2007, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

due to him being as huge a star as he is in football and him having money i say he gets a light sentence,hefty fines and suspension from pro football for one year.after this one year the falcons will have already dropped him.look for mike vick to play in 2008 for either of these teams below......

1-detroit lions

2-tampa bay bucs

3-jacksonville jags

Except he has already accepted a plea bargain now, and that will likely include, at the least an 18 month prison sentence.  He knew he wasn't going to get acquitted. So he won't be available to play in 2008.

Once he gets out, I personally seriously doubt that the NFL Commissioner is going to just allow him back that easily.  I really do think that his career in the NFL is over for some time.  He ill have to go to play in the Canadian league for awhile, and keep his nose clean. Then in a few years they may let him back into the NFL.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
              FEMA Region V Camp #21
              United States
              Member #520
              July 27, 2002
              5699 Posts
              Posted: August 21, 2007, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

Let the courts handle it.  The talking heads on ESPN don't know squat and to have them spend the whole Monday Night Football game surmising his punishment and his future in the NFL was infuriating.  I say fry him and every sportscaster talking about him ad nauseam!!! 

Football is football and dog fighting is dog fighting.  The two don't mix in any sports conversation unless you are Nancy Grace looking for a story or Anderson Cooper looking for a hurricane.

There are federal laws against this "sport" and this "sport" has no business in sportscasting.  Just my opinion, but I think I lost it with the talking heads pontificating about this issue during most of the Bears/Colts game last night.  Actually I hope he gets ten years so we don't have to listen to it anymore..

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).