Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Systems say don't play like this....

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Yukio.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7344 Posts
Posted: August 20, 2007, 1:20 am - IP Logged

That has to be the rarest combination ever right next to 1-2-3-4-5 or with numbers less than 10...

Not only is rare because it starts with 24, but is all even too...A combination to start with 18+ is common in PIck5, but the equivalent of it in Pick6 (in a pick6/49 a combination that starts with 35+ i'll say) is even rarer...In a quick check up really quick i notice that in RNG a combination that will start with 18+ will appear more often than in a ball machine draw, but i did the check up only one time and that's not enough...But i really don't have time to do a test...Example...Looking at Ga's pick5, combinations that start/comence with 18+ appeared 8 times in 6 months (160 draws), while using research randomizer as a RNG (is where i get my RNG ouputs) combinations that start/comence with 18+ appear 8 times in 72/77 draws (i lost track of which one it was, 72 or 77 but the number doesn't matter is the quantity that matters)...But i could be wrong about all this and is only 1 state...

Ohio Rolling Cash 5:

Thursday7/26/200729,35,36,37,39$120,000

There are only 462 combinations in a 5/39 that start with 29 so this might be a wee bit rarer.

NY
    United States
    Member #23835
    October 16, 2005
    3502 Posts
    Posted: August 21, 2007, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

"The numbers 1-2-3-4-5 have the same odds of coming out as any other combo."

That may be true but history has shown that a lot of other combos will come out before it ever does, which affirms some folks belief that the odds of it coming out are not the same. 

I tracked the winning numbers of the old Ohio Buckeye5 for over 10 years (2723 drawings) and during that time five other combos came out twice and the best 1-2-3-4-5 did was to match 3 thirty-three times.  However it has matched four in the new Ohio Rolling Cash5.

History shows what did happen, not what will happen. It might shed some light on the future of human nature, but it does squat to help with the future of random events. Unless the MM numbers that are drawn tonight are a repeat history shows that a lot of other combinations came out first, but I'd sure like to play those numbers anyway.

For a 5 of 37 game there are 435,897 possible combinations. With a total of 2723 drawings at least 99.38% of the possible combinations would not have been drawn, so more than 99% of the combinations that people don't think are unlikely never came up, either.Anyone who thinks the numbers that account for 0.6% of the possible combinations offers great insight on what combinations are likely or unlikely is a bit confused.

NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      3502 Posts
      Posted: August 21, 2007, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

Odds don't change .....but the probability does.

If the fla Pick 3 game had its normal draw on Monday and the result was 123...... 

The next day before the draw .....the odds for 123 would be the same as Monday .....but the probability would not be the same.

If the the draws were 123 on Monday ....and 123 on Tuesday ..... the odds would not change just because it was now Wednesday morning. The odds would be the same as they had been all week.  One in a Thousand are the odds ..... every day for every number.   

The probability however ....  the probability that number 123 would be drawn Straight ....3 days in a row would be...... .......   remote ++ .  LOL       

Odds and probability are the same thing expressed in different ways. If 1 number is picked randomly from 1000 numbers the odds for a particular number are 1:999 and the probability of picking a particular number is .001 every single time, regardless of what the previous results were.

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: August 21, 2007, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

Odds and probability are the same thing expressed in different ways. If 1 number is picked randomly from 1000 numbers the odds for a particular number are 1:999 and the probability of picking a particular number is .001 every single time, regardless of what the previous results were.

I don't hold that idea of repetitive betting being as seperate events anymore.

True, If you only bet once in the p-3 your entire life, it will be 999 to 1, but if you continually bet on a daily basis, a phenomenon occurs. The probability of the same exact set (123 for example) coming out in subsequent days decreases tremendously. That's what Wind d was writing about. That's not some random thought I made up. That's a fact.

The odds of 123 coming out 6 days in a row are in the hundreds of millions, if not more.

Are you sure you're not related to Mr. Spock in some way?....LOL

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: August 21, 2007, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

I'm really beginning to question if some of you really do 'chart' the numbers, because if you did, some of you would not be saying some of the things you are saying.

There is NO sure-fire way of predicting which actual numbers will hit and/or when, but there are sooo many ways of playing certain tendencies of the numbers that DO hit, these tendencies transcend to most of the games, now all you have to do is guess which ways to play.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19900 Posts
            Posted: August 21, 2007, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

I'm really beginning to question if some of you really do 'chart' the numbers, because if you did, some of you would not be saying some of the things you are saying.

There is NO sure-fire way of predicting which actual numbers will hit and/or when, but there are sooo many ways of playing certain tendencies of the numbers that DO hit, these tendencies transcend to most of the games, now all you have to do is guess which ways to play.

I think players chart their numbers and come to conclusions that aren't logical. 

For example in a 649 games a player might chart the 15 hottest numbers for the previous 50 drawings and concludes it's logical to expect four or more of those numbers to be in the next winning combination so he wheels them to cover all the possible combinations of fours among them and wins nothing.  He looks at his chart closer and notices no more then three of those numbers were ever in a winning combination during the last 100 drawimgs so his conclusion weren't backed up statistically, what he saw was only a trend.  Had he won anything he would have been lucky.

Player are always coming up with conclusions that sound logical but aren't backed up by statastics.  Hot,overdue, odd and even numbers do hit but they seldom make up the total winning combinations and in most lotteries you have to do better than match 3 to win some real money.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

NY
              United States
              Member #23835
              October 16, 2005
              3502 Posts
              Posted: August 22, 2007, 12:08 am - IP Logged

I don't hold that idea of repetitive betting being as seperate events anymore.

True, If you only bet once in the p-3 your entire life, it will be 999 to 1, but if you continually bet on a daily basis, a phenomenon occurs. The probability of the same exact set (123 for example) coming out in subsequent days decreases tremendously. That's what Wind d was writing about. That's not some random thought I made up. That's a fact.

The odds of 123 coming out 6 days in a row are in the hundreds of millions, if not more.

Are you sure you're not related to Mr. Spock in some way?....LOL

Reality isn't determined by what you believe, and just because something is a fact doesn't mean you understand the implications. The chance of 123 coming up 6 times in a row isn't in the hundreds of millions. It's 1 in 10006, which is 1 in a trillion million, but if it comes up once it will stil have th esame 1 in 1000 chance on th enext drawing. But who said anything about betting the same number every day? It isn't the numbers you bet that determine the odds. It's how many numbers you have to choose from.The chance of any  3 digit number coming up is 1 in 1000 and the chance of any 6 3 digit numbers coming up consecutively is still 1 in a trillion million.

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3502 Posts
                Posted: August 22, 2007, 2:16 am - IP Logged

I remember reading Gail Howard saying never play all evens or all odds.

If somebody had won MM tonight I guess there's no chance it would have been Gail Howard. This one is a textbook example of the kind of combination several posters claim is extremely unlikely.

Brazil
                  Member #51781
                  April 24, 2007
                  384 Posts
                  Posted: August 22, 2007, 7:58 am - IP Logged

Hum ... Now, Mega Millions has a history of two to three digits on sequence.

52-53-54-55-56 + X is a winner combination for the last draw.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                    Member #13130
                    March 30, 2005
                    2171 Posts
                    Posted: August 22, 2007, 8:14 am - IP Logged

Illinois Little Lotto 8-16-07

WINNING NUMBERS: 24 - 26 - 28 - 30 - 34

PLAYER(S) MATCHING 5 OF 5 NUMBERS
                        INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS:        1
                     EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE:        $175,000.00

WINNING TICKET(S) WERE SOLD AT:

604140    JENSENS AMOCO SERVICE      (QP)

All evens, then  first number drawn + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4

The "system" that chose this combo was the terminal.

System players don't say "Thus-and-such combos can't come out". What they say is "This or that thing is more likely to happen than other things and that's where I'll place my bets." 

We all know "strange" combinations win sometimes. We have read articles about someone playing the same combos for 15 yrs and finally winning (There are no articles about all those who play for years and don't win) 

System players don't want to wait 15 yrs to win, unless they can get those 4/5 or 5/6 wins to show up with some regularity in the meantime.

United States
                      Member #17555
                      June 22, 2005
                      5582 Posts
                      Posted: August 22, 2007, 8:42 am - IP Logged

Reality isn't determined by what you believe, and just because something is a fact doesn't mean you understand the implications. The chance of 123 coming up 6 times in a row isn't in the hundreds of millions. It's 1 in 10006, which is 1 in a trillion million, but if it comes up once it will stil have th esame 1 in 1000 chance on th enext drawing. But who said anything about betting the same number every day? It isn't the numbers you bet that determine the odds. It's how many numbers you have to choose from.The chance of any  3 digit number coming up is 1 in 1000 and the chance of any 6 3 digit numbers coming up consecutively is still 1 in a trillion million.

The next day before the draw .....the odds for 123 would be the same as Monday .....but the probability would not be the same.

The above is what WIN D was saying, and you replied by saying that 123 has the same chance to come out again the next day and so on, and that's where I based my reply on.

Go back and read your own reply before you post something you don't know.

I know that a p-3 set has a 1 in 999 to come out, but you said that 123 has the same chance the following day. You said it, not me....

United States
                        Member #17555
                        June 22, 2005
                        5582 Posts
                        Posted: August 22, 2007, 8:54 am - IP Logged

but if it comes up once it will stil have th esame 1 in 1000 chance on th enext drawing.

WRONG!

I'll send you a copy of what John Koycerin wrote. He is a math proffesor, and has blown that old theory away.

I know you think you know a lot, and I'm sure you know more than I by the way you articulate yourself in your writings, however, I strongly believe that someone can always learn even more. Take the horse blinders off for just one minute, and be open about new theories which may uproot old ones.

He's already proven his theory when he turned a few thousand bucks into 1.2 million in the stock market, using the same techniques he teaches.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                          Stone Mountain*Georgia
                          United States
                          Member #828
                          November 2, 2002
                          10491 Posts
                          Posted: August 22, 2007, 10:12 am - IP Logged

You guys.....  you are both right. Really you are.

The problem is the "WORDS"

When you turn your play ticket over and read the ODDS ....... those odds will never change. They will stay the same every day you turn over the ticket. LOL  

If you ask the "God of Luck" each day ...."What are the ODDS on Pick 3 today" You will get the same answer every day...... No matter what the Game is doing. Basic 1 in a 1000 answer....OK?

Now......ask the "God of Luck" after 3 days in a row ....of the same number "123" hitting ..... "What are the Odds today" ?  and the answer will be the same as always.....  1 in a 1000.  But .....But...now ask the God of Luck another completely different question! 

What is the "Probability"  of 123 hitting for the 4th day in a row?  "Well .....now"... he will say... that's different. 

"The Odds remain the same .....but.... the probability is very... very remote."  "Remote and exstream"... he will say.  

The problem is the "Words" 

People interchange the words without knowing or understanding the different meanings. 

The "ODDS" on a coin toss will always be the same ...no matter what. The "probability" will change with each result. 

Now here is another fine point which also goes un=noticed a lot. 

A Coin contest can contain more than just one "Result"   

We can have a Coin contest .....that is one flip ...and that would be one result. 

or....or... We can have a Coin Contest that is 10 or 20 fiips or events in a row..... and still have only ONE result. We won or lost the one game .....of 20 flip events ...and had one result.    

" Probability is when Math...... meets common sense."   

Win  d 

Perhaps I need to change it to include ....

" Probability is when ODDS and Math meet common sense"

One of these words is ....esoteric and  the other is exoteric .....but.... both words are more than just "Nuances" gang.  LOL

There is a big difference between "Lightning" and "Lightning Bug"

Win  d

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: August 22, 2007, 10:34 am - IP Logged

What is the "Probability"  of 123 hitting for the 4th day in a row?  "Well .....now"... he will say... that's different. 

"The Odds remain the same .....but.... the probability is very... very remote."  "Remote and exstream"... he will say.  

I'll bet you he'll say you're wrong on that one. He really believes that 123 has the same chance to come out, when deep down he knows it's just semantics in words, and in reality the chances of 123 coming out even 3 days in a row are very remote.

The word "probability" has other uses, than just describing odds. It's possible the sun can blow up tomorrow, but not very probable.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                              Stone Mountain*Georgia
                              United States
                              Member #828
                              November 2, 2002
                              10491 Posts
                              Posted: August 22, 2007, 10:52 am - IP Logged

For years I went around asking what I thought were very "Intelligent" people questions about ODDs and such as that.

Never.... never ....did any of those so called """intelligent"""  people ever say .... " OH I see ,,,you want to know about "statistical probability" not just "ODDS."

I will never understand that as long as I live.....why? They had to know what I meant. They did,  I know that some certainly did.   Maybe I just don't want to understand people are that way.    

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d