Welcome Guest
You last visited May 27, 2017, 3:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

travel to buy lottery tickets

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 10 years ago by DoubleDown.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

do you ever travel to buy lottery tickets?

yes [ 32 ]  [64.00%]
no [ 18 ]  [36.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 50 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
Columbia City, Indiana
United States
Member #2978
December 9, 2003
381 Posts
Posted: August 30, 2007, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

when we say 'travel' we don't mean a walk to the store.we usually mean out of state......

I think most of us knew what you meant, Mike (actually, I think all of us knew what you meant). It's usually wiser not to respond to such inane, nit-picking comments, because all it does is to perpetuate an unnecessary argument. Fortunately, we're not graded on spelling and grammar here, so keep those polls coming.

I do travel to Michigan to buy MegaMillions tickets when the jackpot gets high enough. I'll usually wait until it reaches a level of $200 million or more. From my home, it takes about as long to drive to Michigan as it does to drive to Fort Wayne, so it's not a problem.

When I go, I always buy the same fifteen combinations, including a few quick-picks (just in case). I get them for three draws ($45.00), so if the jackpot rolls, I'm still in it, and I've saved myself a trip. If it rolls three times, I'll go back and get my numbers again, but this doesn't happen very often (in fact, so far it has never happened; someone always seems to hit before my tickets expire).

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11350 Posts
    Posted: August 30, 2007, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

hey jim.i've decided to concentrate on powerball now.i was doing pick 4 but i know what happen with losingjeff up there and i was getting one off every day and i started thinking about things he wrote about and i decided he had a good point.no more money for tennessee from me if its RNG.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
      nashville
      United States
      Member #49896
      February 18, 2007
      1181 Posts
      Posted: August 30, 2007, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

hey jim.i've decided to concentrate on powerball now.i was doing pick 4 but i know what happen with losingjeff up there and i was getting one off every day and i started thinking about things he wrote about and i decided he had a good point.no more money for tennessee from me if its RNG.

I Agree! we have to send a message with our money being taken away from their pockets. powerball is all i can do now in tennessee and maybe the newest scratch offs. georgia and kentucky will get the rest of my money that normally would go to tennessee games.

Coastal Georgia
        United States
        Member #2653
        October 30, 2003
        1866 Posts
        Posted: August 30, 2007, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

I travel to South Carolina for Powerball, but then again it's only 20 miles one way....

DD