Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Info On RNG'S

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 9 years ago by psykomo.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
Tx
United States
Member #4570
May 4, 2004
5180 Posts
Posted: September 15, 2007, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

I had deleted this post, But I will re-post it:

Why do private predictions that are neither (Not) posted nor played produce winning numbers a lot more often, than those that are posted and or played? Why? 

"If nothing else, it at least should keep the Tx Lottery on their toes for quite a while after it starts" 

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Urbandale, IA
    United States
    Member #8624
    November 11, 2004
    115 Posts
    Posted: September 15, 2007, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

Chuck wrote:

"There are independent auditors and independent oversight and no cheat can be accomplished without involving multiple partners."

That has already been proven not to be the case. TN's third party programmer made a mistake. It was caught by no one. Every so-called security measure failed. The multiple tests and testers we hear so much about did not notice the program was not putting out doubles? I would think that would be the 2nd or 3rd thing to check on the list of things that are considered no-nos. There was no conspiracy there but all the independent any-whos let it go by with out noticing a thing.

It was the players that brought the problem forward as with every other case I have read about concerning computer drawings. So as far as everybody having to be in on it, they just have to be complacent in their jobs like they have proven to be in the past.

This case does not prove anything about fraud.  Mistakes can happen.  Fraud is more difficult.  And you have to be careful not to believe everything you read in the newspaper.  Any competent lab running tests would certainly have found the "no repeat" problem. 

But you are right, complacency is always a problem and must be accounted for in any security plan.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
      Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: September 15, 2007, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

I got it, 2 or more states will be predicted,the predictions for one of them will be openly posted and those of the other state will be put into an encrypted zip kind of file and uploaded into a file hosting server, from where people can download the encrypted file and after the draw I will give the password so they can open it and see the predicted numbers in there.

It is the only way in which I can make the test as fair as possible.

I will start when ready, first there will many posted prediction tests, maybe within the next few weeks to few months I need to get ready for the preliminary tests.

I have wanted to do this for a very long time.

The tests and the predictions will be posted on the Pick 3 forum and not on the predictions board. 

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
        Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #1303
        March 27, 2003
        1508 Posts
        Posted: September 15, 2007, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

This case does not prove anything about fraud.  Mistakes can happen.  Fraud is more difficult.  And you have to be careful not to believe everything you read in the newspaper.  Any competent lab running tests would certainly have found the "no repeat" problem. 

But you are right, complacency is always a problem and must be accounted for in any security plan.

It may indeed prove nothing about fraud.  It does, however, when combined with all the other debacles at the TN lottery, point toward massive incompetance on the part of the TN lottery. And in business, incompetance means turnover and startover.  I would expect nothing less in this case.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
          Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: September 16, 2007, 9:06 am - IP Logged

i've read the various views on RNG here and i stand by my opinion that it could be tampered with a lot more easily than the ball drawings.not having a ball draw robs players of that crucial element of seeing the balls drop for themselves while watching to see if their numbers hit.those fake cartoon draws are stupid and artificial and might trick some people into thinking they are watching an actual drawing.its deceitful in my opinion to even have an RNG in the first place.all states should be ball drawn......

JAP69's avatar - alas
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #6
            November 4, 2001
            8795 Posts
            Posted: September 16, 2007, 10:15 am - IP Logged

i'm tired so forgive me this may be in an earlier post i read but its tragic to know that one of the reasons tennessee went to RNG was because the employees hated doing all the work that went along with doing ball drawings plus it got harder once tennessee went to two draws a day....

LOL!  can you believe some lazy ass moronic employees might have been a contributing factor in tennessee going computerized?!

I understand one of the reasons to go rng was to cut cost.

If you have say 5 employees doing the work for ball drawings doing the pretest work and actual draws where are those employees now?

Did they save money by showing them the door?

If they reassigned them to other positions is not saving money.

I would not be whinnin about a job if I was going to lose it.

These companies that create rng equipment are out to sell a product for their profit zone. Plain and simple there.

If state lotteries want to save money on draws they can come to Lottery Post and punch Todds rng for one number for the draw.

Type

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
              Wisconsin
              United States
              Member #1303
              March 27, 2003
              1508 Posts
              Posted: September 16, 2007, 11:48 am - IP Logged

i'm tired so forgive me this may be in an earlier post i read but its tragic to know that one of the reasons tennessee went to RNG was because the employees hated doing all the work that went along with doing ball drawings plus it got harder once tennessee went to two draws a day....

LOL!  can you believe some lazy ass moronic employees might have been a contributing factor in tennessee going computerized?!

Of course I can believe it.  They're state employees.  If you've ever had to deal face-to-face with state employees, you likely find that the vast majority of them are not there because they love to work and/or produce.  They're there because the pay is fine, and the benefits are great, and because it's difficult to get fired from such a job, and they get fancy pensions.  My impression based upon personal experience.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                5142 Posts
                Posted: September 17, 2007, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

Of course I can believe it.  They're state employees.  If you've ever had to deal face-to-face with state employees, you likely find that the vast majority of them are not there because they love to work and/or produce.  They're there because the pay is fine, and the benefits are great, and because it's difficult to get fired from such a job, and they get fancy pensions.  My impression based upon personal experience.

It all start's from the TOP/DOWN<<<<<<

it is called:

TRICKLE DOWN

theory<<<<,,,,,<if  buts's @ top get more $LOP (slop) why should this little

guy(PIG) want to work<<<<<<<<<<<for what<<<<<<<<<<<<

????????????????????????????????????????BEER??????

GREAT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>if you like >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

slop & more BEER