Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 7:00 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what kind of gun would you buy if you won the lottery?

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Wintariofan.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
Indiana
United States
Member #48725
January 7, 2007
1958 Posts
Posted: September 17, 2007, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

a stun gun or a supersoaker for sure!

Learn self defense skills if need be. THe mind is a terrible thing to waste on a bullet.

Dont like guns for any reason . Enuff said :)

If I win the lottery, which could happen very soon, I plan on buying both a stun gun and a taser, as well as taking martial arts in Tae Kwon Do, Judo, Jujistu, Aikido, and Capoeira.

Gonna win.Big Smile

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
    Member #52345
    May 21, 2007
    2679 Posts
    Posted: September 18, 2007, 8:54 am - IP Logged

If I win the lottery, which could happen very soon, I plan on buying both a stun gun and a taser, as well as taking martial arts in Tae Kwon Do, Judo, Jujistu, Aikido, and Capoeira.

lol @ guru101

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      51138 Posts
      Posted: September 18, 2007, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

Hire a Trained and Experienced Security team?  What, you think Lotto winners are made of money?

I guess Stupid is, as Stupid does!!!!

I Agree!

Leave Security to the Professionals...

which frees me up to do what I want to do!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        51138 Posts
        Posted: September 18, 2007, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

You don't have to wait to Win the Lottery: You can do these things Now!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: September 18, 2007, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

Guesser, Harry's handgun of choice was a 44 magnum.

Remember the scene in Dirty Harry ?

" this is a 44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off- so you have to ask yourself one question- do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk"  ?

Yeah, I remembered that after I logged off and headed to work, but we can't hit this website from work.

The thing is, it wasn't your standard .44 magnum due to the odd barrel length, THAT I remembered..... 

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: September 19, 2007, 12:52 am - IP Logged

I used to be an expert marksman and also a pretty good archer when I was very young, but I would never shoot at any living target.  I don't even like killing insects, but it's one of those necessary evils around here.

So my answer is - if I was that nervous about people breaking into my home or harming me, I'd hire a bodyguard.

(Regarding Dirty Harry, I think he made more of a statement when he was kicking Scorpio and pressing his shoe into his wound during that scene in the ballpark.  Andy Robinson is one of my favorite villains in any movie.)  

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10391 Posts
              Posted: September 19, 2007, 1:04 am - IP Logged

"What about the litle girl's rights"

Dirty Harry 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
                Member #32537
                February 12, 2006
                698 Posts
                Posted: September 19, 2007, 1:44 am - IP Logged

am to cheap to buy a gun, but if i won the lotto,  i (Laughter} go crazy mode. 

likly just a hand gun  thats not to big, but comes with kickass anti-armour rounds. 

when i shoot at something, i dont care if a car door/wood walls in the way, its going thro it.

as for WHY i would even own one

ever been camping out in the wild

'

lets see, me camp out{i enjoy wild life, with bears and wolfs, and whatever}

i wont be like o s**t am playing dead, f*** that , a bear even looks at me wrong and its gun shoots to the head.

ever time i see someone gets killed by some crazy brain missed up wild animal, i cant help but think, why didnt they have a gun

humans the smartest things in the world{i like to think so}, and we cant even use our own tools to defend our selfs form wild animals, give me a break, thats just dumb

as for humans affairs, i wont take it every where, just keep it in the car,  and when in public places i dont know who the people are,  

if i get pulled over for speeding{i go as fast as i damn plz}, me and the cops have a prob,

seeing as the odds are now even, there bullying harassment will lead them to being shot.

self defence againt bullys is ugly folks, but someone needs to do it.

as am not one to allow myself to be bullyed, if i didnt harm anyone, therefore cops are bullys if they take any action when no Physical harm been done to anyone by me.

endangerment is a cop out for allowing them selfs to bully others who never harmed anyone,

armed bullys meet armed rich outlaw, i like the sound of that, all hell breaks out, if they wish to bully me around.

some people tell me there no good reason to own a  gun,

and i cant help but Laugh at them, knowing there bad people out there who pray on others,

to not want to protect your self even to the point of owning a weapon is silly

it makes me sad there many jerks in the world,  who would use force, and deadly weapons on unarmed me, but the turth is these people are out there,

and to avoid self defence leads to your pain, if you ever meet one by whatever fate awaits you.

a lotto win puts a target on your back for some of these a*****e people, if know you

, history repeats itself, and dont think you avoid history of a*****es praying on the weak.

no need to fear , jsut take the steps to put the fear in check,

my gun will be the last result, but it will be the outcome if bullys dont back down is my point.

p.s.  am a  individual who demands the right to do anything , i wont allow {others} rules to stop me form doing what i want in life, such as how fast i travel!

people who say there not massive amounts of adult bullying going around today  ARE LIEING to THEMSELVES.

Bagent's avatar - avatar 10424.gif
                  Vancouver, WA
                  United States
                  Member #53665
                  July 15, 2007
                  151 Posts
                  Posted: September 20, 2007, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

i won't have a gun around period.that means i won't be buying one either.especially with children roaming around the house.i see on the news about once a month or so about where kids end up finding these guns and blowing themselves or someone else away accidentally.there are people who have guns and thats their right.i thought about it a lot here lately and i don't think i'll get one for the reasons stated above.the minute i get a gun i feel like i have let the bad guys know they make me feel so insecure i can't walk around without feeling scared or worried that i have to carry one.i'm one of those type people that i wouldn't be afraid to pull the trigger on a burglar either.because if i had one and someone did break in one me i'd blow them away in a second.for the people who do have them thats fine.i'm not against owning them but i just choose not to......

LottoMike.  I respect your thoughts about not having a gun in and around kids.  However, I want to say that I have a 9mm semi auto in my bedroom and a .40 cal Glock in my office.  I do not worry about my kids grabbing the weapons since I have taught them at 3 years old what a gun can do and what will happen if they play or try to play with them.

It is one thing for a watergun that the wife gave them for a toy to be used, but to make the point more dramatic, I took them out to woods and took a watermelon with me.  I set the watermelon up and had the kids "shoot" it with their toy pistols.  They got a kick out of doing that. I then brought out my .40 cal and after verifying that it was unloaded, I had both of my kids hold it to feel the weight.  I then took the weap and loaded it, telling the kids to back up and cover their ears but keep watch on the watermelon.  I fired one shot at the melon and of course it exploded.  The look on the kids faces was enough to tell me that they understood what would happen if they touched the guns.  Since that day, neither has shown any interest in the weapons at all.

Kingston, Ontario
                    Canada
                    Member #46867
                    October 5, 2006
                    106 Posts
                    Posted: September 21, 2007, 4:06 am - IP Logged

You gotta be kidding.  This topic does not fit and is not lottery related.     

"Together We're Making Good Things Happen,  Ontario's Lotteries...WE ALL WIN"