Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 5:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

tennessee lottery has COMPLETELY destroyed its credibility

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: September 14, 2007, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

guru i'm not spamming anything.i'm simply trying to get attention on this disaster so it can be dealt with.if enough tennessee players plus others join in the fight we just might could overturn these RNG rip off draws and get back to balls.....

guru your not on the indiana lottery commission payroll are you,lol Thinking of...

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1958 Posts
    Posted: September 14, 2007, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

guru i'm not spamming anything.i'm simply trying to get attention on this disaster so it can be dealt with.if enough tennessee players plus others join in the fight we just might could overturn these RNG rip off draws and get back to balls.....

guru your not on the indiana lottery commission payroll are you,lol Thinking of...

I just wanted to mention how I felt early on so that we can keep the same discussion contained within reasonable boundaries. For example, tommorrow, if someone decides to mention all the things they hate about the TN lottery, I think it would be better to mention it in an existing TN lottery thread instead of creating a new one because I think the strength of an argument/arguments is not only dependant on numbers, but organization as well. There are a lot of non-members that read this forum and if they come here and see a bunch of "I hate the TN lottery" threads, they might not bother to read all of them expecting them to all repeat the same thing, which in effect might result in them missing out on a good point someone made or new information about the situation. I am all for ball drawings just like you, but I just like to see things done in an orderly fashion.  Also, I'm not on the Indiana Lottery's payroll, but I might be getting a big check pretty soon.Big Grin

Gonna win.Big Smile

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23352 Posts
      Posted: September 14, 2007, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

I just wanted to mention how I felt early on so that we can keep the same discussion contained within reasonable boundaries. For example, tommorrow, if someone decides to mention all the things they hate about the TN lottery, I think it would be better to mention it in an existing TN lottery thread instead of creating a new one because I think the strength of an argument/arguments is not only dependant on numbers, but organization as well. There are a lot of non-members that read this forum and if they come here and see a bunch of "I hate the TN lottery" threads, they might not bother to read all of them expecting them to all repeat the same thing, which in effect might result in them missing out on a good point someone made or new information about the situation. I am all for ball drawings just like you, but I just like to see things done in an orderly fashion.  Also, I'm not on the Indiana Lottery's payroll, but I might be getting a big check pretty soon.Big Grin

Is there a reason why you show such concern over this particular topic? I don't see you trying to eliminate duplicate threads any place else.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1958 Posts
        Posted: September 14, 2007, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

Is there a reason why you show such concern over this particular topic? I don't see you trying to eliminate duplicate threads any place else.

This is the first time I've mentioned it and if it doesn't float well with others then I'm just not going to bother making a mission out of it. Either people will see my point or they don't. Not to mention I'm not a moderator, so I have nothing to enforce.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23352 Posts
          Posted: September 14, 2007, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

This is the first time I've mentioned it and if it doesn't float well with others then I'm just not going to bother making a mission out of it. Either people will see my point or they don't. Not to mention I'm not a moderator, so I have nothing to enforce.

Most people say that I am too active of a moderator. If it needed moderating, I would have done it.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Coastal Georgia
            United States
            Member #2653
            October 30, 2003
            1866 Posts
            Posted: September 14, 2007, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

Run Rebecca out of town on a rail !!! Smash

Indiana
              United States
              Member #48725
              January 7, 2007
              1958 Posts
              Posted: September 14, 2007, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

Most people say that I am too active of a moderator. If it needed moderating, I would have done it.

I think your moderation of the forum is fine. I've had my own experience as an administrator as well as dealing with administrators, so I know who makes the final decision. Sometimes a disagreement might happen here or there, but hopefully everybody understands it's just a difference of opinion.

Gonna win.Big Smile

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8394 Posts
                Posted: September 14, 2007, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

Personally I'm glad you get involved in some threads i only wish that you wouldn't get brow beat by people who think you have some agenda where posts are concerned. You built this site with your bare hands and have pored every bit of your time energy and money into it.

Now to the issue at hand and for everyone whom dose or doesn't understand what happening. When The Tennessee lottery switched to ball drawings without ever mentioning it to the players that was their first big mistake. And the mistakes just kept coming.

Rebecca has been around the lottery industry long enough to know better than to make a big changes without consulting the players. After all it's the players they get their profits from. Her statements she made sound as it she was taking the players concerns into account just aren't true. She did what she did for personal gain in the form of bonuses for her and her staff.

Which backfired so to speak when things went wrong with the draws and then on top of it either she or her staff said we validated the RNG system and it was working perfectly. Which later we found out to be another untrue statement.

What i see about all this is Rebecca switched drawings because many of her staff were complaining about having to do all the work necessary for conducting ball drawing. Because when they switched to two drawings a day they had double the work load. I found this out by reading the comments on the tennessean new paper comments sections by someone whom used to work for them.

So the switch was on Rebecca saw a way to trim the fat get rid of employees supposedly save money and a whole bunch of other factors involved in running mechanical drawings.

All of which turned out to be a fiasco. 

The people of Tennessee have every right to be upset and to hold the Tennessee lottery personall accountable for their actions. I'm glad they are looking into this issue.  

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                  ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                  United States
                  Member #4924
                  June 3, 2004
                  5973 Posts
                  Posted: September 14, 2007, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

Personally I'm glad you get involved in some threads i only wish that you wouldn't get brow beat by people who think you have some agenda where posts are concerned. You built this site with your bare hands and have pored every bit of your time energy and money into it.

Now to the issue at hand and for everyone whom dose or doesn't understand what happening. When The Tennessee lottery switched to ball drawings without ever mentioning it to the players that was their first big mistake. And the mistakes just kept coming.

Rebecca has been around the lottery industry long enough to know better than to make a big changes without consulting the players. After all it's the players they get their profits from. Her statements she made sound as it she was taking the players concerns into account just aren't true. She did what she did for personal gain in the form of bonuses for her and her staff.

Which backfired so to speak when things went wrong with the draws and then on top of it either she or her staff said we validated the RNG system and it was working perfectly. Which later we found out to be another untrue statement.

What i see about all this is Rebecca switched drawings because many of her staff were complaining about having to do all the work necessary for conducting ball drawing. Because when they switched to two drawings a day they had double the work load. I found this out by reading the comments on the tennessean new paper comments sections by someone whom used to work for them.

So the switch was on Rebecca saw a way to trim the fat get rid of employees supposedly save money and a whole bunch of other factors involved in running mechanical drawings.

All of which turned out to be a fiasco. 

The people of Tennessee have every right to be upset and to hold the Tennessee lottery personall accountable for their actions. I'm glad they are looking into this issue.  

Very well put! She has the ultimate responsibility. Deep inside I have a feeling she was hit with a strong sales pitch, by GTECH. They hit her with both barrels and she folded. Don't think I have any sympathy for her, because I don't. She's well paid for making the right decisions. I would be willing to bet, if the next lottery, she takes over, has balls, she will do some deep soul searching, before changing.

Tennessee
                    United States
                    Member #7853
                    October 15, 2004
                    11338 Posts
                    Posted: September 14, 2007, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

rebecca paul has really screwed with her legacy with this tennessee thing.she was well known for running descent ball drawn lotteries and now she will be known for all these fiascos that have happened since tennessee went RNG.yep doubledown lets run her out of town on the next amtrak.

Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: September 18, 2007, 7:21 am - IP Logged

It appears that once again the Tennessee Lottery has made a mistake so glaring it requires them to pay out two sets of midday numbers.

The lottery spokepeople must be getting tired of the mistakes too, because they didn't even attempt an explanation this time.

Dead

Tennessee
                        United States
                        Member #7853
                        October 15, 2004
                        11338 Posts
                        Posted: September 18, 2007, 7:23 am - IP Logged

called senator kyle yesterday evening about the same time tennessee goofed up on another draw,lol.i hope he learns the latest!

Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: September 20, 2007, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

i hope this audit will change things.if we get the balls back i'll play but until then i won't spend one dollar on anything that has to do with the tennessee lottery.

Tennessee
                            United States
                            Member #7853
                            October 15, 2004
                            11338 Posts
                            Posted: September 21, 2007, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

a television commercial in TN showing the balls...  isn't that false advertising?