Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

OH no TN lottery is looking for me

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
Member #5344
June 30, 2004
23641 Posts
Posted: October 8, 2007, 11:57 am - IP Logged

I went to store this morning to get me a Red Bull and my check.

My boss asked me if I had emailed the Tennessee Lottery.

I said yes and asked, "Why do you ask?"

She said, "the lottery man was looking for you."  He had come in and asked her questions about the names of her employees.  She told them it was none of the "lotteries' business" what our names were.  He went on to say that he needed the names incase one of them called.  She told him that her employees do not make the calls she did.  He then said, "Well if we called, we want to know who we are talking to".  She told him to asked for her or to ask who was on phone at time of call.

She said she could tell something was up.  He asked what are your employees first names.  She rambled them off.. and he stopped her at mine.  He then said my first and last name.  She said yes.

Then she asked how did he know.  He said that he had a memo from lottery to find out where I worked...

OH no they are on my trail. 

The only thing I had in email that they probably want to share with her, is that I discourage the playing of Cash 3 and Cash 4.  So does she... She admits she thinks they are ripping everyone off with the computer draws.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

angelm's avatar - anne
    richmond ky.
    United States
    Member #15877
    May 22, 2005
    8472 Posts
    Posted: October 8, 2007, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

That is so odd!!&Watch out girl they have the lotto mafia after youHit With Stick What?

United States
      Member #5344
      June 30, 2004
      23641 Posts
      Posted: October 8, 2007, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

That is so odd!!&Watch out girl they have the lotto mafia after youHit With Stick What?

I am glad it was read. lol

With the response emails, I thought it was a computer sending out the same ole story.

At least it touched some nerve somewhere.

Now what do you suppose they are going to do with me??? Make me buy tickets????

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23352 Posts
        Posted: October 8, 2007, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

tntea,

Keep us informed.  If someone from the Tennessee Lottery does something to threaten you for speaking your mind I will not let it off the front page.  They need to fix the stupid drawings and stop harassing people.  How dare they!

Rebecca Hargrove is doing interviews with every reporter doing a news story, probably because she wants to appear super-important to the Tennessee Lottery.  After all, if she's just like every other lottery director, she is just as disposable -- and held accountable -- as all the rest.

Keep up the heat!!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

amilby30's avatar - nw logo.jpg
          Cobb
          United States
          Member #26586
          November 19, 2005
          9778 Posts
          Posted: October 8, 2007, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

I went to store this morning to get me a Red Bull and my check.

My boss asked me if I had emailed the Tennessee Lottery.

I said yes and asked, "Why do you ask?"

She said, "the lottery man was looking for you."  He had come in and asked her questions about the names of her employees.  She told them it was none of the "lotteries' business" what our names were.  He went on to say that he needed the names incase one of them called.  She told him that her employees do not make the calls she did.  He then said, "Well if we called, we want to know who we are talking to".  She told him to asked for her or to ask who was on phone at time of call.

She said she could tell something was up.  He asked what are your employees first names.  She rambled them off.. and he stopped her at mine.  He then said my first and last name.  She said yes.

Then she asked how did he know.  He said that he had a memo from lottery to find out where I worked...

OH no they are on my trail. 

The only thing I had in email that they probably want to share with her, is that I discourage the playing of Cash 3 and Cash 4.  So does she... She admits she thinks they are ripping everyone off with the computer draws.

That is wild&tenn lotto needs a chill pill.

I LOVE THIS SPORT !!   BY30PREDICTIONS

4thquarterbabe's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
            Detroit, Michigan
            United States
            Member #45629
            August 25, 2006
            455 Posts
            Posted: October 8, 2007, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

gee, how did they find you, i hope NOT from the email that you sent.  this is scary.

As the world turns, so does luck, believe and it shall return to you!! Let the party BEGIN!!

Party

United States
              Member #5344
              June 30, 2004
              23641 Posts
              Posted: October 8, 2007, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

gee, how did they find you, i hope NOT from the email that you sent.  this is scary.

No , in my email I mentioned I worked for a store in Ardmore, TN.  Also mentioned that I was letting the unaware customers know about how the game changed from balls to computer and how the draw break is longer,  (mentioning that it gives the state time to see which number was played the least)..

Little threatening to them I suppose, but people have the right to know.  If they want the education system to get the money, take it to the county office of their choice.

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: October 8, 2007, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

I have good mine to email them asking why they are looking for me and tell them where they can find me in person if they would like.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                  Harbinger
                  D.C./MD.
                  United States
                  Member #44103
                  July 30, 2006
                  5587 Posts
                  Posted: October 8, 2007, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

The lottery has no legal authority or jurisdiction to harrass citizens, if you have proof of what you write, get a competent lawyer and file a complaint at the state or federal level immediately.  That would be the icing on the cake.  How on this earth can you believe they are looking for you?  Make sure they aren't messing with you at work.

United States
                    Member #5344
                    June 30, 2004
                    23641 Posts
                    Posted: October 8, 2007, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

they were not messing with me at work.  I hadn't told them that I emailed the lottery.  That was why I was so surprised when she asked me that.  I don't see my boss but every once in a while , since I am her fill in on Sundays. 

Harbinger
                      D.C./MD.
                      United States
                      Member #44103
                      July 30, 2006
                      5587 Posts
                      Posted: October 8, 2007, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

they were not messing with me at work.  I hadn't told them that I emailed the lottery.  That was why I was so surprised when she asked me that.  I don't see my boss but every once in a while , since I am her fill in on Sundays. 

Here you go: If you have video surveillance of said lottery people, take the recording to a safe deposit box (of course make copies).  A simple subpeona for lottery employee, contractors, etc. records to identify who these people are and you have hit the jackpot! There are so many problems (privacy laws that have been broken) with what you say has happened, you can't lose.  I don't think you qualify as a threat to national security, was planning to kill thousands of Americans or some evil child molester.  I am an anti-frivilous suit believer but this situation is a slam dunk teach-the-lottery-a-lesson case.  With solid proof it would go national in minutes.

United States
                        Member #5344
                        June 30, 2004
                        23641 Posts
                        Posted: October 8, 2007, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

I think I will do that.  I hate to go national wide, but it would be interesting to see what they have to say once someone stood up to them.  I am calling my boss right now so she can save the tape.  She only keeps a day of taping one week before retaping.  Thanks

United States
                          Member #5344
                          June 30, 2004
                          23641 Posts
                          Posted: October 8, 2007, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

I asked my "hubby" what he thought about this man's investigation.  He asks "What grounds do I have to sue the lottery?"

I called the co-worker who was there the day he came.  She said he was being really nosey, and then told the boss the lottery would be getting in touch with her. 

The tapes are kept for a week and then reused.  He came in on Wednesday or Thursday.  The co-worker is going to check on that for me in the morning and let the boss know I want to view the tape and make a copy if possible.

Any suggestions from those who know the law would be greatly appreciated.

Harbinger
                            D.C./MD.
                            United States
                            Member #44103
                            July 30, 2006
                            5587 Posts
                            Posted: October 8, 2007, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

How does hubby know it is the lottery?  That is why I said the video ID. is important.  IF it is a lottery employee, proof positive, file a complaint and or cease and desist.  The whole thing is exposed, once this happens you file for damages.  Just the fact that they tracked you down physically without your consent, several coordinated actions had to have occured.  I mean the REAL authorities have a hard enough time tracking down criminals and scammers.  The lotterys' charter does not call for these mob-like tactics, revealing private info., intimidation of sub-contractors, and looking for you at your place of employment.  If they needed to contact you they have many other ways to do it, e-mail, mail, telephone, but not in person without your prior knowledge, I personally would be outraged.

United States
                              Member #5344
                              June 30, 2004
                              23641 Posts
                              Posted: October 8, 2007, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

I am going to watch the video tomorrow. 

Wonder what my next step should be?

Should I contact Lottery to see if they put my name on memo for this Rep to find out which store I am working?