Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:07 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Carbon Tax on lottery ticket purchace?

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 9 years ago by psykomo.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

DO WE need to be taxed?

YES [ 1 ]  [3.85%]
NO [ 25 ]  [96.15%]
Total Valid Votes [ 26 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
grengrad's avatar - nw rogue.jpg
Raleigh
United States
Member #49057
January 17, 2007
172 Posts
Posted: November 14, 2007, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

Carbon tax on the lotto?

No offense, but what a ridiculous idea.  Not that it matters, but I get my tickets whenever I go grocery shopping. My grocery store is .4 miles out of the way of the shortest path between the office and the house.

Now, if I win the lotto, then I am going to need to be carbon taxes for my fleet of Ferraris and Lambos. :)

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: November 14, 2007, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

Just some thumb tacks when they post my picture.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5145 Posts
      Posted: November 14, 2007, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

Carbon tax on the lotto?

No offense, but what a ridiculous idea.  Not that it matters, but I get my tickets whenever I go grocery shopping. My grocery store is .4 miles out of the way of the shortest path between the office and the house.

Now, if I win the lotto, then I am going to need to be carbon taxes for my fleet of Ferraris and Lambos. :)

NO offense,........to YOU are any of.....my LP friend's>>>>>>>>>>>

....................................  are to any of big AL gore's>>>>>FRIEND'$$

LOL>>>(most of my friend's would be HAPPY with an HONEST JACKPOT)$$!

al gore're..(is a DARN>>> CROOK) & phoney!!!!

VISIT his house in the GREAT state of TN an ................SEY HELLO

my name is PSYKOMO live down the street &

would like to meet YOU & temper..............too!!

Please "big al"....I know..>>>

(we knoe....)....RAY STEVEN's

like in>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

AHAAB (THE) ARAB!!

I just won a JACKPOT>>>>>>LOTTERY>>>>>eeeeeeowowonoHH

please get these rat'ssssssssssOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFmeee!!!!!!!!!! 

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
        Member #13130
        March 30, 2005
        2171 Posts
        Posted: November 14, 2007, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

Many people walk to the place of their Lottery Ticket purchase.

Many people drive a big SUV or a fuel flex car to buy THEIR'S??

What do YOU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> THINK????

Should the state you live-in ADD a carbon-tax to YOUR ticket??

LOL

PSYKOMO 

I think the tree-hugging do-gooders who are so in love with the tax man should pay all these taxes they want, and leave the rest of us alone. We didn't win WWII on pansy-@$$ carbon-credits. We built tanks, planes, etc. inside *gasp* factories. Then we took those tanks and planes and went overseas and greased the treads of those tanks with "Gerry's" guts!! Next war, we'll be buying our bullets from some "outsider" who is happily selling ammo to both sides!

Now, everything you buy says "hecho en" somedamnwhere 

Does anyone remember when the icon for an American city was a little graphic of a factory with smokestacks?

The best way to lower pollution is to plug up a liberal's limp-minded, lying pie-hole!

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Auckland
          New Zealand
          Member #2247
          September 4, 2003
          33 Posts
          Posted: November 14, 2007, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

Carbon Tax - The biggest money go round, which will achieve nothing!

csfb's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
            Member #15309
            May 13, 2005
            307 Posts
            Posted: November 17, 2007, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

If there was going to be a carbon tax on a product (doesn't matter whether it's lottery tickets, a loaf of bread, or a ton of dry ice), the tax should be based on the carbon footprint from manufacturing  the product.

There are a some people who burn more gas in their Honda Civics than some of the people who drive Hummers or Ford Expeditions, and a 15mpg van with 6 people in it is far more fuel efficient than a Geo Metro with only the driver.The proper way to tax our use of fossil fuels is to tax the fuels. 

Of course!

Sun Smiley             

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: November 17, 2007, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

I think the tree-hugging do-gooders who are so in love with the tax man should pay all these taxes they want, and leave the rest of us alone. We didn't win WWII on pansy-@$$ carbon-credits. We built tanks, planes, etc. inside *gasp* factories. Then we took those tanks and planes and went overseas and greased the treads of those tanks with "Gerry's" guts!! Next war, we'll be buying our bullets from some "outsider" who is happily selling ammo to both sides!

Now, everything you buy says "hecho en" somedamnwhere 

Does anyone remember when the icon for an American city was a little graphic of a factory with smokestacks?

The best way to lower pollution is to plug up a liberal's limp-minded, lying pie-hole!

I'm not a tree hugger, but I do love trees - can't imagine living without them either. I also like clean beaches without trash and cigarette butts and I get upset when the only wildlife I see any more is human.  I don't necessarily approve of a "carbon" tax, but we all need to be aware of our responsibilities when it comes to cleaning up our polluted environment.  Anyone who has traveled knows that in other countries small cars like the little Mini Coopers were popular well before anyone in the United States thought to drive one.  My boyfriend in the 60s owned an Austin Mini Cooper S with the steering wheel on the right (our passenger side) which was really cool.  That was still in the day of lots of chrome on the bumper.  But gas was only 50 cts a gallon.  I drove a VW Beetle and was able to go skiing in Vermont and back on a few dollars.  In Europe gas was always several times the price of the US and we just didn't think about it back then. Now that it's hitting our pocketbooks, we seem to care a lot about mileage.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                Member #13130
                March 30, 2005
                2171 Posts
                Posted: November 17, 2007, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

@jxp, my beef wasn't with the trees Wink.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

NY
                  United States
                  Member #23835
                  October 16, 2005
                  3501 Posts
                  Posted: November 20, 2007, 2:28 am - IP Logged

"Now that it's hitting our pocketbooks, we seem to care a lot about mileage."

Some of us certainly do,  but from what I see on the roads I think most people are far more interested in complaining about the cost of gas than in saving on gas. It always amazes me to see the solo driver get out of an SUV that costs 40 or 50 grand and gets 15 mpg and then whine about how expensive gas is.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5145 Posts
                    Posted: November 30, 2007, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

Carbon Tax - The biggest money go round, which will achieve nothing!

THANKS for all reply's & vote's on this POLL.................................

Thank's to you Spot9>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I think you are the only one who REALLY understood the jest of the

POLL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!

Question to you.......how is  the Hitchen's company doing ?????????

or do they exist in 2007?  Some of my family member's imported a

lot of their product into the USA back in the 80's>>>>>>>>>>>>>

LOL to you and your FAMILY in YOUR>>>>>>>Great Country>>>>

PSYKOMO