Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 4:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto Movie: The price of Cracking Pick3..

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 9 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: November 14, 2007, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

I was watching this movie that it was about finding a treasure in the bottom of the ocean with Jessica Alba...After the movie finish they said that about 6 Billion dollars worth of treasure lies in the bottom of the oceans...And i thought

Why they don't make a movie about cracking the code (pick3)...?

Here is the results payouts of different days of Pick3 for the state of Ga: http://www.galottery.com/stc/games/winningNumberResult.jsp?game=cash3

If you notice there are moments when the payouts go from 200K to 1 million dollars on different days (I think is like on average)...

Now let's assume that you cracked the code and you was to claim 25,000 every day (Assume you had your network of helpers to do it)...You multiply 25K times 365 days of the year and that will be 9million 125 thousand...multiplied times 5 years will equal to 45 million 600K...Times 4 (20 years) it will equal 182 Million 500K...And that's taking into account 1 state...If you multiply by 38 states that i am assuming have Pick3 (I guess it is 38 state, i don't know) then that's 182 Million 500K x 38 = 6 BILLION DOLLARS, 900 MILLION...Again this is all theoretical, i know everything will not go like that, you may not win every day, you may not be able to afford to play on every state...

So you will make in a 20 year period almost 7 Billion dollars...What if you have another 20 years to spare....You get the picture...And that's just YOU, how about the people that you leak this secret of cracking the code (pick3)? Is more money to be rake...

What's my point? My point is that there is sort of speak (theoretically), so much milk that you could milk the cow (the state), what i am trying to say is that there is so much potential if you were to indeed find the Holly Grail of PIck3, more so than all the treasures of the oceans combined..

And knowing this fact, i don't know why they don't make movies about someone finding the Holly Grail of Pick3 or Pick4...Remember that's only counting pick3 is not counting pick4...Even if you were to win instead of 25K, you was to win 12K or 6K everyday, you still will rake more money than all of the ocean's treasures combined... And if Pick3 is here to stay for centuries that's not counting what your great,great grandkids will rake...And yet they haven't made a movie about it yet...I still don't know why....Another note, even if you were to win not every day but every 3 days or 4 days YOU STILL WILL MAKE more money in your lifetime than all of the treasures in the bottom of all the oceans combined...(forgot to mention that this is assuming you could hit straight pick3)

Another thing to note, the money from the treasures in the bottom of the oceans have to pay taxes i think while the fountain of cash from getting it straight on pick3 if you are really smart, wouldn't have to pay taxes (you could play 1 or 2 tickets on each gas station this way you wouldn't have to pay taxes)....And what looks easier, even though is not: trying to get Pick3 Straight from 7 hundred and something combinations (I know is 1K combinations but if you are really smart i think i gets down to 7 hundred and something, but i don't remember for i did it a long time ago) or going with a boat circuling every square metter of ocean (or should i say scuba diving every square metter of all the oceans of the world) in search of finding 1 TREASURE...Just finding 1 treasure i think is immensily hard, now trying to find ALL OF THE WORLD'S OCEAN TREASURES...You know there is more water in the oceans than there is land)...

And i don't know but i think that all the treasures that needed finding have been found, i really don't think you can find more treasures, there may be 3 or 4 more left but that's it...I compare finding a treasure to a deal "Volvo" did like a year ago..And that was that they were going to burry 1 volvo undeground somewhere in the world, and if you could find it it was your...And what if they burried it in Siberia or Antartica? Who would get there...And just to think that some part of oceans in the world are not navegable a good part of the year...

And my point is even if is science fiction, there is theoretically more money that you can suck up from the state or milk from the state from finding the Holy Grail of Pick3 or Pick4, than you can let's say find one treasure on the bottom of the ocean, let alone all the treasures on all the oceans of the planet...So why they haven't made a movie about it, why they haven't made a movie about someone finding the Holy Grail of Pick3?

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: November 15, 2007, 3:25 am - IP Logged

I once took a computer class where the prof. would give a test that consisted of a program full of errors. We were graded on finding & correcting the errors...

'Cause Jessica Alba is far more interesting to look at. Maybe if she has a lead role ...

Now let's assume that you cracked the code and you was to claim 25,000 every day (Assume you had your network of helpers to do it)...You multiply 25K times 365 days of the year and that will be 9million 125 thousand...multiplied times 5 years will equal to 45 million 600K...Times 4 (20 years) it will equal 182 Million 500K...And that's taking into account 1 state...If you multiply by 38 states that i am assuming have Pick3 (I guess it is 38 state, i don't know) then that's 182 Million 500K x 38 = 6 BILLION DOLLARS, 900 MILLION...Again this is all theoretical, i know everything will not go like that, you may not win every day, you may not be able to afford to play on every state...

combined with ...

if you are really smart, wouldn't have to pay taxes (you could play 1 or 2 tickets on each gas station this way you wouldn't have to pay taxes)....

equals

$25,000 / ($500 / ticket) = 50 tickets. That's a lot of gas stations and/or helpers.

So you will make in a 20 year period almost 7 Billion dollars...What if you have another 20 years to spare....You get the picture...And that's just YOU, how about the people that you leak this secret of cracking the code (pick3)? Is more money to be rake...

Ummmm, no. You will make about $75,000 in the first three days. Then your profits will rapidly drop. It will take about 3 days for the helpers + clerks to figure out whose numbers to ride. Then their family & friends (apologies to the phone company) will create their own network and you will be told that your number-of-the-day was "locked out", or you will find a sudden drop in the payout. Once your "secret" is leaked, it is no longer a secret. There is nothing to stop the state from changing the "formula" or giving the machine an extra kick during the drawing, or dropping the game altogether. They are the gatekeepers, Neo (sorry, different movie)

http://www.galottery.com/gen/aboutUs/faq.jsp
    Q.Why did the GLC set a liability limit in CASH 3 & CASH 4?

A.The GLC has an obligation to raise as many dollars for educational programs in Georgia as we can while also ensuring that we have funds available to pay winners. To accomplish this, we must be able to limit our potential payout to an amount that we expect to reasonably pay based on the sales we generate for this game. The liability limit for CASH 3 is $10 million and for CASH 4 is $8 million.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
      West Side of Sunny Florida
      United States
      Member #55048
      September 8, 2007
      3371 Posts
      Posted: November 15, 2007, 5:45 am - IP Logged

Time*treat,

One of my current goals in life is to change my job to the following...

"equals

$25,000 / ($500 / ticket) = 50 tickets. That's a lot of gas stations and/or helpers. "

It would be the most rewarding one I ever had...

Patriot

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19894 Posts
        Posted: November 15, 2007, 5:52 am - IP Logged

"Now let's assume that you cracked the code and you was to claim 25,000 every day (Assume you had your network of helpers to do it)..."

You're smart enough to figure out something that works but not smart enough to know people don't want to help you get rich more than they want to help themselves, so you get a bunch of helpers and explain your strategy to them and now enough people know how to burden the game beyond its limits and it change or end.  End of story, short movie.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #13130
          March 30, 2005
          2171 Posts
          Posted: November 15, 2007, 6:04 am - IP Logged

"Now let's assume that you cracked the code and you was to claim 25,000 every day (Assume you had your network of helpers to do it)..."

You're smart enough to figure out something that works but not smart enough to know people don't want to help you get rich more than they want to help themselves, so you get a bunch of helpers and explain your strategy to them and now enough people know how to burden the game beyond its limits and it change or end.  End of story, short movie.

They don't even need to know the strategy, just the number(s).

Movie over before you can even get into your Lurking

I think the lottery (p3 & p4, anyway) are "discuss together but work alone" games.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
            Member #55048
            September 8, 2007
            3371 Posts
            Posted: November 15, 2007, 6:09 am - IP Logged

Wow, smack a poster for having a vision and sharing it!!! Personally I luv the whole idea.  The basic idea is to break the system and then profit from it.  Please don't tell me you don't want to make a profit.

Stooges

mjwinsmith's avatar - moon

United States
              Member #391
              June 8, 2002
              16267 Posts
              Posted: November 15, 2007, 6:21 am - IP Logged

I once took a computer class where the prof. would give a test that consisted of a program full of errors. We were graded on finding & correcting the errors...

'Cause Jessica Alba is far more interesting to look at. Maybe if she has a lead role ...

combined with ...

if you are really smart, wouldn't have to pay taxes (you could play 1 or 2 tickets on each gas station this way you wouldn't have to pay taxes)....

equals

$25,000 / ($500 / ticket) = 50 tickets. That's a lot of gas stations and/or helpers.

So you will make in a 20 year period almost 7 Billion dollars...What if you have another 20 years to spare....You get the picture...And that's just YOU, how about the people that you leak this secret of cracking the code (pick3)? Is more money to be rake...

Ummmm, no. You will make about $75,000 in the first three days. Then your profits will rapidly drop. It will take about 3 days for the helpers + clerks to figure out whose numbers to ride. Then their family & friends (apologies to the phone company) will create their own network and you will be told that your number-of-the-day was "locked out", or you will find a sudden drop in the payout. Once your "secret" is leaked, it is no longer a secret. There is nothing to stop the state from changing the "formula" or giving the machine an extra kick during the drawing, or dropping the game altogether. They are the gatekeepers, Neo (sorry, different movie)

A.The GLC has an obligation to raise as many dollars for educational programs in Georgia as we can while also ensuring that we have funds available to pay winners. To accomplish this, we must be able to limit our potential payout to an amount that we expect to reasonably pay based on the sales we generate for this game. The liability limit for CASH 3 is $10 million and for CASH 4 is $8 million.

You hit the NAIL right on the HEAD!

takeitez's avatar - japheth
                Carters Lake, Ga.
                United States
                Member #5313
                June 29, 2004
                1065 Posts
                Posted: November 15, 2007, 7:20 am - IP Logged

I could be wrong, but.....

I read on here the other day that someone had cracked the "code"

ez

No Pity!Guitar  Drum ........ in the long run........

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10389 Posts
                  Posted: November 15, 2007, 9:55 am - IP Logged

No gaming operator of any kind is going to maintain a game that gets bled. 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                    Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #48725
                    January 7, 2007
                    1958 Posts
                    Posted: November 15, 2007, 10:21 am - IP Logged

Well, I don't think there is a "code" to break. I do believe a person can drastically improve their odds of winning though, even to the point it would be very profitable. If you have such a secret, then it's best to not tell ANYBODY. Even the most closest of family and friends will turn their back on you and reveal it to EVERYBODY. They'll tell 1 or 2 people(doing the whole "It's a secret, don't tell anyone and don't tell anyone I told you" thing), those people will tell 10 or 20 people, and within days, everybody knows what this so called "secret" is. If you're making that much money using a secret for the lottery, then I HIGHLY recommend buying a safe, or better yet, a safe room(panic room) loaded with the best security enforcement and equipment so you can keep any documentation about your secret secure. You ask why? Well, because there will be more than just your average Joe begging you for your secret. If your secret is THAT good, some people, or even organizations will make it a mission to get it.

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19894 Posts
                      Posted: November 15, 2007, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

Wow, smack a poster for having a vision and sharing it!!! Personally I luv the whole idea.  The basic idea is to break the system and then profit from it.  Please don't tell me you don't want to make a profit.

Stooges

You've got that backward, I would want to profit from the system before it was broke or changed.  That's what happens with games like PowerBall and MegaMillions.  As soon as players start winning too often and reduce their profits, the matrix change.  People who run lotteries has a responsibility to make a large profit or change the game, they are not running the games to make players rich. 

If I had a strategy that worked I would want to use it as many times as possible before anyone noticed and that would be done best by keeping it to myself.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                        Member #55048
                        September 8, 2007
                        3371 Posts
                        Posted: November 15, 2007, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

You've got that backward, I would want to profit from the system before it was broke or changed.  That's what happens with games like PowerBall and MegaMillions.  As soon as players start winning too often and reduce their profits, the matrix change.  People who run lotteries has a responsibility to make a large profit or change the game, they are not running the games to make players rich. 

If I had a strategy that worked I would want to use it as many times as possible before anyone noticed and that would be done best by keeping it to myself.

Ok, that makes sense.  It was early this morning when I posted that ..... I still luv the idea of the movie.  There have been a couple of movies that use the lottery so show the bad side, it would be nice to see a good side.

Honduras
                          Member #20982
                          August 29, 2005
                          4715 Posts
                          Posted: November 15, 2007, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

I don't understand, the link: http://www.galottery.com/stc/games/winningNumberResult.jsp?game=cash3

shows you that the payouts on a regular day average i am guessing like 250K or 300K DAILY...What's a measly 25,000 out of it (not saying 25 is a measly figure just saying is measly compared to 200K or 300K), or how about 12,000 dollars out of it daily or how about 6,000 dollars? Because i said that even if you were to collect 12,000 or 6,000 daily you still will make more money in your lifetime than all the treasures in the bottom of the oceans combined..(And that's not counting your grandkids raking)...If you took 12K from 250K it will leave you with 238K, i don't understand it is still a lot of payout...

Someone here on LP once told me that no matter (or something of that nature) how much money you rake in, the State (the House) will always get its 50% / 60%...

Time treat said that 25,000 divided by 500$ will equal 50 tickets...That that was a lot of gas stations...

If you buy 2 tickets from each gas station with a different identity then it will equal 25 gas stations...I don't know but i was thinking in doing this in a large city like Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York city...I am sure there and in the suburbs you will find your 25 gas stations...But after they saw your claiming the winning ticket all the time, they are going to get suspicious and it will not surprise me if they call the Lottery Corp./Feds/Officials/Police themselves...

How i know that in those large banks that have big room safes that let people save valuable stuff, that someone hasn't stash/store the Holy Grail of Pick3...What if the State has one saved themselves...I am talking about saving something valuable in the bank like they did in the recent movie "The Inside Man"....

United States
                            Member #13130
                            March 30, 2005
                            2171 Posts
                            Posted: November 15, 2007, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

No doubt you could cash some big winners a couple or three times. My main point was that you were being overly ambitous thinking you could get a network of runners, etc. and still think you'd be the only one playing "your" number. Your 7 billion dollar dream requires TOO MANY things to go right, and a complete repeal of basic human nature. 

With no money on the line, do the following: If you are in/near a big city, see how long it takes you to cover 25 gas stations. You know we are all about the details. Smash

Honduras
                              Member #20982
                              August 29, 2005
                              4715 Posts
                              Posted: November 15, 2007, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

No doubt you could cash some big winners a couple or three times. My main point was that you were being overly ambitous thinking you could get a network of runners, etc. and still think you'd be the only one playing "your" number. Your 7 billion dollar dream requires TOO MANY things to go right, and a complete repeal of basic human nature. 

With no money on the line, do the following: If you are in/near a big city, see how long it takes you to cover 25 gas stations. You know we are all about the details. Smash

Guys, calm down, this is just a fancy, please don't take this so seriously.....My point is not that it can be accomplished (the 7 billions) my point is the WORTHNESS of finding the Holy Grail of Pick3, of finding a System that will crack pick3...

My point also is that if you were to find the system that crack the code, it will not be worth how much the lottery may want to give you..Let's assume that you cracked the code and the lottery comes to your doorstep offering you 60 million or even 100 million? My point is that it will not be worth 60 millions or 100 millions, it will be worthed MORE THAN THAT...That's why i name the title: "The Price of Cracking Pick3"....

Another point was that if in science fiction wise, cracking the code is worth more than finding all the treasures in the bottom of the oceans why not make a movie out of it..Not whether the 7 billions could be accomplished...How do you think they set up the price/worth of a bussiness takeover/buy/bid? I am sure they theoretically calculate how much dough the company will be producing in future X years, without realizing whether the company will do good or not or whether it will meet those expectations..

And will like to state that hunger for money will make the impossible; possible...