Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick 4 Pirate - ready to download

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 9 years ago by sfilippo.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
Tx
United States
Member #4570
May 4, 2004
5180 Posts
Posted: December 30, 2007, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

Your Pirate should have a Parrot... the prg. I provide http://members.aol.com/lparent674/parrot.exe <--here will generate a string based on the frequency of any list of numbers. Very simple program, wrote in less than 1 hour, but automates the algorithm. You will need the .net runtime available on microsoft.com but you might already have that on newer Windows. What you do in this prg. is copy (from text file, Notepad) OR enter directly just the numbers in the draw history (15 draws, or as many as you like) into the big green box, then click the "draw pencil" icon and it will put in the small pink box below a string of numbers from hot to cold, which can be copied and pasted into the input field in the Pirate program. It's not too fancy but maybe it will help.

The program downloads O.K.. but does not work, not on my system anyway, I do have the .net runtime.

I don't need it, but wanted to try it anyway.

I already have a digits frequency counter. 

Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: December 30, 2007, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

What it would be nice to have now, would be a "Skips Counter".

United States
      Member #10720
      January 23, 2005
      933 Posts
      Posted: December 30, 2007, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

I'll tell you what, I will put the code here, being it's real short. All you have to do is make a new app in C# .net and draw 2 text boxes and a picture. Set it so clicking the picture calls the picture1_click subroutine. Call the big box "hungryBox" and the smaller one "birdFeed". Scroll bars and multiline/cr on the big box. Maybe even you can understand it enough to port it to another language like VB. Exactly what file is it missing?

using System;
      using System.Collections.Generic;
      using System.ComponentModel;
      using System.Data;
      using System.Drawing;
      using System.Text;
      using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace Parrot
      {
          public partial class Form1 : Form
          {
              public static string cr="\r\n";
              public static int x;
              public static int b;
              public static int hi;
              public Form1()
              {
                  InitializeComponent();
                  hungryBox.Text="Paste drawn numbers here then click DRAW! Then copy and paste the number string to Pirate.";
                  birdFeed.Focus();
              }

private void pictureBox1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
              {
                  int[]tally=new int[10];
                  for (x=0;x<hungryBox.Text.Length;x++)
                  {
                      string bee=hungryBox.Text.Substring(x,1);
                      if (bee=="0" | bee=="1" | bee=="2" | bee=="3" | bee=="4" | bee=="5" | bee=="6" | bee=="7" | bee=="8" | bee=="9")
                      {
                          b=Convert.ToInt16(bee);
                          tally[b]++;
                      }
                  }
                  birdFeed.Text="";
                  while (birdFeed.Text.Length<10)
                  {
                      hi=0;
                      for (b=0;b<10;b++)
                      {
                          if (tally[b]>=hi) { hi=tally[b]; x=b; }
                      }
                      birdFeed.Text+=x.ToString();
                      tally[x]=-1;
                  }
              }
          }
      }

user044's avatar - Lottery-016.jpg
        Upstate New York
        United States
        Member #48358
        December 23, 2006
        152 Posts
        Posted: December 30, 2007, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

I'll tell you what, I will put the code here, being it's real short. All you have to do is make a new app in C# .net and draw 2 text boxes and a picture. Set it so clicking the picture calls the picture1_click subroutine. Call the big box "hungryBox" and the smaller one "birdFeed". Scroll bars and multiline/cr on the big box. Maybe even you can understand it enough to port it to another language like VB. Exactly what file is it missing?

using System;
        using System.Collections.Generic;
        using System.ComponentModel;
        using System.Data;
        using System.Drawing;
        using System.Text;
        using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace Parrot
        {
            public partial class Form1 : Form
            {
                public static string cr="\r\n";
                public static int x;
                public static int b;
                public static int hi;
                public Form1()
                {
                    InitializeComponent();
                    hungryBox.Text="Paste drawn numbers here then click DRAW! Then copy and paste the number string to Pirate.";
                    birdFeed.Focus();
                }

private void pictureBox1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
                {
                    int[]tally=new int[10];
                    for (x=0;x<hungryBox.Text.Length;x++)
                    {
                        string bee=hungryBox.Text.Substring(x,1);
                        if (bee=="0" | bee=="1" | bee=="2" | bee=="3" | bee=="4" | bee=="5" | bee=="6" | bee=="7" | bee=="8" | bee=="9")
                        {
                            b=Convert.ToInt16(bee);
                            tally[b]++;
                        }
                    }
                    birdFeed.Text="";
                    while (birdFeed.Text.Length<10)
                    {
                        hi=0;
                        for (b=0;b<10;b++)
                        {
                            if (tally[b]>=hi) { hi=tally[b]; x=b; }
                        }
                        birdFeed.Text+=x.ToString();
                        tally[x]=-1;
                    }
                }
            }
        }

I learned just enough about coding to get myself confused larry but I do remember reading  somewhere that when this happens its because there are library files installed with visual studio.net that are needed to run some programs that are compiled with it and that they wont run outside the host computer unless visual studio is installed on the  the other computer also. and this is a common problem especially with the express editons of vb.net and c#.net. Heres a shot of the error box Im getting:

error

notice the systemio.filenotfoundexception. It does not tell me which file is missing.  Has something to do with the mscore files. Some of the guys here that code could probably explain it a lot better than myself.  Just trying to help...

I do have the latest .net framework installed so Im sure thats not the problem.  As far as I know these(.net frameworks) are all backwards compatable just like the old vb runtime files?

And as I said before thanks for sharing

Regards

Jeff

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.

Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: December 30, 2007, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

I learned just enough about coding to get myself confused larry but I do remember reading  somewhere that when this happens its because there are library files installed with visual studio.net that are needed to run some programs that are compiled with it and that they wont run outside the host computer unless visual studio is installed on the  the other computer also. and this is a common problem especially with the express editons of vb.net and c#.net. Heres a shot of the error box Im getting:

error

notice the systemio.filenotfoundexception. It does not tell me which file is missing.  Has something to do with the mscore files. Some of the guys here that code could probably explain it a lot better than myself.  Just trying to help...

I do have the latest .net framework installed so Im sure thats not the problem.  As far as I know these(.net frameworks) are all backwards compatable just like the old vb runtime files?

And as I said before thanks for sharing

Regards

Jeff

This is what my Pc gets when I click on the program (When I run it):

And when I click on Cancel: 

I don't know any programming, but maybe it has to do with Java or with the Java Virtual Machine in some way(?).

Perhaps my Internet protections are making this happen in some way(?).

Or it might be something else.

No big deal anyway! 

United States
            Member #10720
            January 23, 2005
            933 Posts
            Posted: January 1, 2008, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

it's possible to be the graphic for the Draw button. I will check if it's using an external file. Meantime find any small GIF and name it drawPencil2.gif and put it with parrot.exe, maybe that is the "file" it is missing. I wrote the prg. a bit quickly due to the hype surrounding Pirate. It's in C# Express, no Java involved. C# Express is free. The code I put is the entire program.

For the person who wants Indiana numbers (or for anyone) the Pirate prg. says to go back the last 15 drawings and arrange the numbers according to percentage from highest to lowest by counting (not sure what if the 4th and 5th number are the same percentage?) and that string is then entered in the Pirate program and it generates combinations based on picking from either side of the string (hot-cold). My prg. was to generate that string for you just by dumping in the draw history. The only thing is, especially the Pick 4 Pirate generates MANY numbers (50 or 100) so it will take much time just filling in all the betslips, and cost $25 to $50 per drawing so it needs to win almost every day.

The prg. says to go back 15 drawings. I ran a quick backtest with HHCC and it gave me 5 wins in 50 drawings in nj, but 16 of 50 if I gave it 1000 drawings instead of 15 or 20. The HHHC and HCCC patterns do a little better in nj on lower length scans. Even at 16 of 50, that would be winnings of approx. 2000 at cost of 2500 (still not breakeven). I don't know how many draws the LP Stats uses.

buddyven's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
              Bogota
              Colombia
              Member #24706
              October 26, 2005
              1434 Posts
              Posted: January 15, 2008, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

Sfilippo great and good job you had done, but i don't know where to get pick3 and pick4 statistics for Florida, do you have a direct link to Florida stats, thanks in advance

IF YOU WON'T BET YOU WON'T LOOSE OR WIN

sfilippo's avatar - skull
                Oklahoma
                United States
                Member #33770
                February 24, 2006
                3146 Posts
                Posted: January 15, 2008, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Sfilippo great and good job you had done, but i don't know where to get pick3 and pick4 statistics for Florida, do you have a direct link to Florida stats, thanks in advance

see the pick 3 pirate thread for your answer.

Smiley Steve