Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Someone should tell these people

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Lotterologist.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
Member #4877
May 30, 2004
5114 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2007, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

Yep, you're right, I am an Idiot; been called worse, too.

You're here, that must make you an Idiot, also.

Welcome to the club.

welcome:

2 jackpot lottery

>>>>>(HELP^HELP^^HELP^^^PSYKOMO)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
    Charlotte NC
    United States
    Member #17406
    June 18, 2005
    4053 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2007, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

Please correct me If I'm wrong, but I read somewhere that anywhere from 3 to 7 thousand people play 1-2-3-4-5-6 on just about every JP game out there. I forget, but that info was from a good source.

I know the lottery officials won't say anything, but someone with access to resources with a conscience should find an inexpensive way to reach these people and tell them about the split if they win.

This could possibly be a good marketing niche...maybe not.

The headline of the advertisement could read something like this..." I've got a secret that could save you hundreds a year playing the lottery". Just send 5 bucks to the following address....lol

EekDidn't realize that many people played those digits.  Gee.

takeemtothebank

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2007, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

EekDidn't realize that many people played those digits.  Gee.

I was shocked too. I don't think they're idiots. They just didn't do their homework, and think only a handfull of people are playing them.

That combo obviously has the same chance coming through like any other. It just has a certain bias to it that makes it look unlikely.

I have this continuing argument with a friend in California who is relativley intelligent concerning this topic of bias. To this day he is firmly planted on the notion that this combo will never come out. It's futile trying to pursuade him otherwise. I simply try to tell him that last night's combo will probably not come out again for a very long time, and that it's just not time for the 123456 to come out yet, but that it'll have it's day in court just like every other combo, given enough time.

It amazes me how some people who are good in some areas of critical thinking, can't grasp other simple areas. The brain is quite intruiging, to say the least.

Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
        Lotto City, Michigan
        United States
        Member #36256
        March 30, 2006
        1472 Posts
        Posted: December 11, 2007, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

As seen on the documentary, "The Curse Of The Lottery", many times IDIOTS are the BIG WINNERS!!!!

Oftentimes Good Luck flows in OPPOSITION to intelligence. Cool

JADELottery's avatar - MeAtWork 03.PNG
          The Quantum Master
          West Concord, MN
          United States
          Member #21
          December 7, 2001
          3675 Posts
          Posted: December 11, 2007, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

As seen on the documentary, "The Curse Of The Lottery", many times IDIOTS are the BIG WINNERS!!!!

Oftentimes Good Luck flows in OPPOSITION to intelligence. Cool

"many times IDIOTS are the BIG WINNERS!!!! "

My turn is next.

Just watch for the big mouthed idiot from Wisconsin to show up on the news...  yeah... Cool ...alright...

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
          Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
          Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
          Knowledge is Beyond Belief
          Wisdom is Not Censored
          Douglas Paul Smallish
          Jehocifer

Lotto City, Michigan
            United States
            Member #36256
            March 30, 2006
            1472 Posts
            Posted: December 11, 2007, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

LOL ROFL

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7295 Posts
              Posted: December 11, 2007, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

I would like nothing better than to share a jackpot, any jackpot.    50% of something is better than 100% of nothing.  Right now I am winning 100% of nothing.

There is a huge difference between splitting a jackpot with one person and splitting it with 3000 to 7000 people. The before tax cash value of tonight's Mega Millions jackpot is about $70 million and if 3500 players shared, they would each get $20,000. Five numbers without the Mega Ball pays 10 times more.

We hear people saying "if I had one more number" but never "if I had one less number".

NASHVILLE, TENN
                United States
                Member #33372
                February 20, 2006
                1044 Posts
                Posted: December 11, 2007, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

Yep, you're right, I am an Idiot; been called worse, too.

You're here, that must make you an Idiot, also.

Welcome to the club.

I deeply resent one member of this forum calling another an idiot.  WE ARE NOT IDIOTS!!   we are morons and don't you forget it!!

One more reference to idiot and I will take out my step ladder, climb up and punch you right in the knee.

Has anyone seen my drool rag?  I lost my drool rag

Lotto City, Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #36256
                  March 30, 2006
                  1472 Posts
                  Posted: December 11, 2007, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

LOL Sometimes when I look at the galaxies BILLIONS of light years away in the Hubble Ultra Deep Field, i'm reminded of how much I DON'T know.

Perhaps i'll reveal my "Hubble Deep Field Lottery System" someday. Conehead

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: December 11, 2007, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

I deeply resent one member of this forum calling another an idiot.  WE ARE NOT IDIOTS!!   we are morons and don't you forget it!!

One more reference to idiot and I will take out my step ladder, climb up and punch you right in the knee.

Has anyone seen my drool rag?  I lost my drool rag

Just remember, never step on the top of the ladder. You might lose your balance.

What a maroon.....that's all folks......!

We're not idiots.....just a bunch of dreamers not fit for reality. Beachcombers......driftwood......tumbleweed.........post circumscision material......dust bunnies.......dingleberries........three-pronged boils....

Lotto City, Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #36256
                      March 30, 2006
                      1472 Posts
                      Posted: December 11, 2007, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

Hey! I REPRESENT that remark! Big Grin

United States
                        Member #17555
                        June 22, 2005
                        5582 Posts
                        Posted: December 11, 2007, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

LOL Sometimes when I look at the galaxies BILLIONS of light years away in the Hubble Ultra Deep Field, i'm reminded of how much I DON'T know.

Perhaps i'll reveal my "Hubble Deep Field Lottery System" someday. Conehead

That's right. It was first believed there were 50 billion galaxies until the deep field revealed dots thought to be more stars when infact they were more galaxies. They say now that there are over 100 billion galaxies with each containing a hundred million stars.

One perspctive was to assign a million stars to each and every grain of sand on every beach on this planet.

Who said real estate was is leveling out? I'll but 5 planets when I win the big one...lol 

Lotto City, Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #36256
                          March 30, 2006
                          1472 Posts
                          Posted: December 11, 2007, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

LOL Good Luck! Thumbs Up

Roslindale, MA
                            United States
                            Member #5377
                            July 1, 2004
                            135 Posts
                            Posted: December 11, 2007, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

There is a huge difference between splitting a jackpot with one person and splitting it with 3000 to 7000 people. The before tax cash value of tonight's Mega Millions jackpot is about $70 million and if 3500 players shared, they would each get $20,000. Five numbers without the Mega Ball pays 10 times more.

We hear people saying "if I had one more number" but never "if I had one less number".

There probably are proration/pari-mutual payoff exception rules in place in the various MM states in case such a combo hits and there are large #'s of winners at all levels - IOW the lower level prizes are likely to be reduced as well (CA, of course would definitely be reduced because they always use pari-mutual payoffs). 

NASHVILLE, TENN
                              United States
                              Member #33372
                              February 20, 2006
                              1044 Posts
                              Posted: December 11, 2007, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

Just remember, never step on the top of the ladder. You might lose your balance.

What a maroon.....that's all folks......!

We're not idiots.....just a bunch of dreamers not fit for reality. Beachcombers......driftwood......tumbleweed.........post circumscision material......dust bunnies.......dingleberries........three-pronged boils....

So that was my  problem.  I have been stepping on the top step. 

I have been asking myself what I was doing wrong.  Of course falling off the ladder wasn't all bad.  While painting my barn I could make one long, downward pass while waiting for the ground to meet me. 

"Circumscision material?"  There's more to me than that.  At least there was the last time I looked.  My wife might have done something with it today.  Can't be sure.  I'm a moron, you know.