Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 8:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Give or take all

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

If someone winning the amount of 200,000,000 gave every penny away, how would you feel?

His or hers money..their business. [ 28 ]  [84.85%]
Furious [ 1 ]  [3.03%]
Switzerland.... [ 1 ]  [3.03%]
Hope I never hear this actually occuring. [ 2 ]  [6.06%]
I would attend a rally. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I would have an item in my op-ed section my newspa [ 1 ]  [3.03%]
Total Valid Votes [ 33 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
Member #4121
March 23, 2004
817 Posts
Posted: December 16, 2007, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

I would be Furious!!!! lol

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: December 16, 2007, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

After 30 years of trials and tribulations, test runs, Excel spreadsheets, posting on boards and using wheels, John Smith finally crossed the finish line to win the PB jackpot this week. For many years, fellow lottery players around the country have competed with John, but he continued to meet every challenge with courage and determination. "I will not quit. I will not be defeated!  I will survive!"   His hard work and sacrifices paid off last week.  His wife, children and neighbors were there to cheer him on while they applauded with tears streaming down their cheeks. John's pastor said "He deserves it. He reads the Bible everyday and his favorite book is the Book of Numbers" said the proud spiritual leader about his parishioner.  "He's so selfless too. Last month we had a Christmas party and he handed out spreadsheets to all the kids.  I'm so glad he overcame his personal struggle.  Quick picks or my own numbers was an unbearably painful decision for John. His wife helped him through it with her love and support."   The Mayor gave John a key to the city.  "To say we're proud of John and what he has contributed not only to our community but to the world, is indeed an understatement."

LOL

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: December 16, 2007, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

If this true? who is John Smith...

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: December 16, 2007, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

After 30 years of trials and tribulations, test runs, Excel spreadsheets, posting on boards and using wheels, John Smith finally crossed the finish line to win the PB jackpot this week. For many years, fellow lottery players around the country have competed with John, but he continued to meet every challenge with courage and determination. "I will not quit. I will not be defeated!  I will survive!"   His hard work and sacrifices paid off last week.  His wife, children and neighbors were there to cheer him on while they applauded with tears streaming down their cheeks. John's pastor said "He deserves it. He reads the Bible everyday and his favorite book is the Book of Numbers" said the proud spiritual leader about his parishioner.  "He's so selfless too. Last month we had a Christmas party and he handed out spreadsheets to all the kids.  I'm so glad he overcame his personal struggle.  Quick picks or my own numbers was an unbearably painful decision for John. His wife helped him through it with her love and support."   The Mayor gave John a key to the city.  "To say we're proud of John and what he has contributed not only to our community but to the world, is indeed an understatement."

LOL

John was lucky. There are a great amount of people just like him who don't too well.

I wonder how many of those 300 or so persons on Pan Am flight 103 over scottland who perished were moral abiding, god fearing individuals.

None of everything makes any sense to me.....lol

Iowa
          United States
          Member #57036
          December 14, 2007
          4 Posts
          Posted: December 17, 2007, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

justxploring:  I hope I'm not the only one that got that!  That was funny!Hurray!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10356 Posts
            Posted: December 17, 2007, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

Pac

The example in the OP is a wee bit far fetched, nobody is going to come into $200,000,000 and give it all way. They might give a large amount away, but take what's reamining and use it to generate more, but no one is going to give away $200,000,000.  

This thread is a good place to mention the "nouveau riche". It's a French term meaning the new rich, i.e., people that come into a large amoung of money, enough to make them rich, but were not born into it or raised with it.

Some of the "old money" look upon the "noveau riche" like "one hit wonders" in the music field, it's a one time hit, and they may or may not keep it.

There's a lot more to it than that, but personally I think that's why so many jackpt winners blow it and are actually worse off five years down the road than they were before the jackpot (the stats say this is 50% of winners).

Justxploring 

I was reading up on John Smith. Pretty interesting, this article in Lotto Paloozas said that John Smith sits home and watches Jack Van Impe (the Bible Quote Man) a few nights a week. 

He was watching Van Impe one night as Van Impe did his "machine gun" quoting of Scriptures, looking at his wife and co-host, Rexella, and saying,

"Well Rexella just got to Revelation 12:8 and then Daniel 12:2. Matthew 24:3, Deutereonomy 12:17 and you'll see how it was all foretold in the Book of Numnbers.

John Smith tried to copy down the versse numbers as Van Impe blurted them out in his rat tat tat tat style, and realized there was just no way possible.

A few nights later, a friend asked John to go on a double date with him, and after they ordered in a restaurant, John asked his date what her name was and she said, "Rexella." He asked her what she did and she said, "I'm a stenographer."

John Smnith looked at her with a look on his face that could only be saying, "Oh thank you", as a reply to an answered prayer. 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: December 18, 2007, 12:37 am - IP Logged

"i am only staying with 1 million dollars left, if not 3 millions for myselft.."

correction, i'll stay with 4 million...

United States
                Member #56869
                December 7, 2007
                6 Posts
                Posted: December 18, 2007, 4:44 am - IP Logged

Even though i said i would burn 250 million dolllar lolttery ticket and place it on youtube, this is what i will do the most with it......If i get 200 million dollars I will talk to lottery officials, try to persuade them into placing at least 4 lotteries like West Virginia Cash25 into some 4 to 5 states spread acrous the country (like an extra lottery)...I will then use the money to talk and lobby lottery officials from 4 differnt asian countries into making having West Virginia Cash25 lottery...Then i'll go to South America and lobby lotter officials there into placing 4 more lotteries like WestVigiania's Cash25 espread out except in Brazil and except in Central america, they have 2 lotteries that are Pick6/32..And Brazil has 31 kind of lotteries...AFter than i;ll go to the Eastern Part of Europe and spread 5 different kinds of West Virginia's State lottery in each different country by lobbying lawmakers or lobbying lottery officials......

All my money should go out/be wasted in there....

if you notice i want to put his lottery in strategic areas in the world....

i am only staying with 1 million dollars left, if not 3 millions for myselft.......

the states i will put this would be: Arizona, Mississippi, MInnessota, Washingon State or Idaho; and one in New Hampshire...

My entire 200,000,000 Milllion dollar after the enterprise will be gone only leaving me with 3 million dollars that i will take for me....

"More important than winning all of the states' lotteries is the movie "Red Planet"......"

"Burn the winning ticket and post it on youtube"... oh my god, that's something I never conceived, but it's absolutely hilarious! Oh wow, I laughed really hard at that one. Can you imagine if someone actually did that and somehow were able to back up its legitimacy as well?

Jack Pot's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg

United States
                  Member #55246
                  September 20, 2007
                  225 Posts
                  Posted: December 18, 2007, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

"Burn the winning ticket and post it on youtube"... oh my god, that's something I never conceived, but it's absolutely hilarious! Oh wow, I laughed really hard at that one. Can you imagine if someone actually did that and somehow were able to back up its legitimacy as well?

It did trigger my funny bone- I literally Laughed Out Loud (LOL'd? LOLed? LOLd? whatever), what kind of person would do that?...Big Smile

Jack Pot's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg

United States
                    Member #55246
                    September 20, 2007
                    225 Posts
                    Posted: December 18, 2007, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

LOL

Thumbs Up Jester You are a good writer, justxploring.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10356 Posts
                      Posted: December 18, 2007, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

Wiesnewski, you were supposed to burn a copy of the ticket! A copy!

Bang Head

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.