Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Entertaining the Lottery Fairy

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10344 Posts
Posted: December 15, 2007, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

We've surely all had a lot of "almosts" and close calls, let's do a thread something like "bad beat" poker stories.

I've had tickets for jackpot games where I "walked between the raindrops" - you know, like your ticket has 3 16 22 23 27 and when the numbers are drawn 2 17 21 28 29 hit!

Here's my latest, played a QP Pick 4 and it gave me 9357. Not even close. But the next day the mid day was 5397,

Bang Head

I'm sure the "Lottery Fairy" really gets some laughs out of this kind of stuff.

Put your "Lotto "bad beat" stories here.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: December 15, 2007, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

Ugh, I have had that happen to me.   

Here is my story. I had a group of numbers that I played regularly (they were numbers I had created from a wheel) and I had already played them for three weeks. Well, I was coming short on money having lost my job and decided that I had to put off playing the lottery until things looked better on the job front. I wanted to play and my gut was telling me to play, but I decided to save the little money I had. Well the next drawing came out and I missed winning $5,000 on one ticket and $500 on another. I can tell you it was very upsetting. For a week or two afterwards, all I could think of was if I had just played my numbers. *sigh* No Nod 

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
      nashville
      United States
      Member #49896
      February 18, 2007
      1181 Posts
      Posted: December 15, 2007, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

i played the kentucky raffle back in august and i missed $5000 by one number i had 403055 and the winner was 403054. i guess i should have gotten in line faster. my ticket was an instant $7 winner so at least i won that.

TexasDreams's avatar - Trek ROMSYM2.gif
        Houston, Texas
        United States
        Member #56457
        November 19, 2007
        55 Posts
        Posted: December 16, 2007, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

We've surely all had a lot of "almosts" and close calls, let's do a thread something like "bad beat" poker stories.

I've had tickets for jackpot games where I "walked between the raindrops" - you know, like your ticket has 3 16 22 23 27 and when the numbers are drawn 2 17 21 28 29 hit!

Here's my latest, played a QP Pick 4 and it gave me 9357. Not even close. But the next day the mid day was 5397,

Bang Head

Well that fairy must have been laughing pretty hard on 12/7 this year. The Mega Millions was roughly 70+ million, the numbers were 12,18,26,28,51+35. I had 12, 18, 25,28,51+34 on line 3, and 11,19,26,27,50+35 on line 4-----MadGod did that hurt,Chair can you taste itOogle!!!!!!

A few years ago, billionaire Warren Buffett advised  "Investors should remember that excitement and expenses are their enemies. And if they insist on trying to time their participation in equities, they should try to be fearful when others are greedy and greedy only when others are fearful."

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: December 16, 2007, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

Well that fairy must have been laughing pretty hard on 12/7 this year. The Mega Millions was roughly 70+ million, the numbers were 12,18,26,28,51+35. I had 12, 18, 25,28,51+34 on line 3, and 11,19,26,27,50+35 on line 4-----MadGod did that hurt,Chair can you taste itOogle!!!!!!

Oh wow, very close indeed.

Coeur d Alene
            United States
            Member #57041
            December 15, 2007
            7 Posts
            Posted: December 16, 2007, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

I think we all have one of these stories. Mine is a lucky for life ticket in Washington. My numbers were

6,21,23,26  the numbers drawn for $50,000 6,22,23,26. But whatever just keep donating my money.

live to play another day. We will all win eventually. Keep playing folks.

go zags

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
              Member #5344
              June 30, 2004
              23641 Posts
              Posted: December 16, 2007, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

Last Sunday I played 2371 in TN 18 times....  It came out on Thursday... No ticket for Thursday

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: December 16, 2007, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

The worst was when Lotto 5 was up to 415K... I worked the 221 system and came up with 40 numbers.. out of the 40 I played only 8 for two draws.   That night all five appear from one of the  32 that I chose not to play.  I ended up with $60 instead of $415K.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                  nashville
                  United States
                  Member #49896
                  February 18, 2007
                  1181 Posts
                  Posted: December 16, 2007, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

The worst was when Lotto 5 was up to 415K... I worked the 221 system and came up with 40 numbers.. out of the 40 I played only 8 for two draws.   That night all five appear from one of the  32 that I chose not to play.  I ended up with $60 instead of $415K.

tntea was that before the tn lottery changed to RNG or after?

United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10344 Posts
                    Posted: December 16, 2007, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

tntea

OUCH! Sooo close!

This is a little freaky, from the OP of this thread posted 12-15-07: 

"...like your ticket has 3 16 22 23 27..."

drawing for Illlinois Litle Lotto 12-16-07:

1 17 22 23 24 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                      Member #5344
                      June 30, 2004
                      23641 Posts
                      Posted: December 16, 2007, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

tntea was that before the tn lottery changed to RNG or after?

before.. it was listed in the pick 5 games forum...

NASHVILLE, TENN
                        United States
                        Member #33372
                        February 20, 2006
                        1044 Posts
                        Posted: December 17, 2007, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

Bang Head

I wish I could come that close.  Just once, I would like to come that close.  I might enjoy the agony.

MissNYC's avatar - diva
                          Westchester, New York
                          United States
                          Member #49345
                          January 27, 2007
                          168 Posts
                          Posted: December 17, 2007, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

I personally think that when gambling, there are two possible outcomes....you win, or you don't. If you spend a second more thinking about "almosts" you're liable to drive yourself crazy.

"If you just keep believing, that dream that you wish will come true"

Bed

United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10344 Posts
                            Posted: December 17, 2007, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

I personally think that when gambling, there are two possible outcomes....you win, or you don't. If you spend a second more thinking about "almosts" you're liable to drive yourself crazy.

That's why they're called "bad beat" stories.

As exciting as the 1986 World series was, what's it most remembered for? Buckner's error! 

Lep

United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10344 Posts
                              Posted: December 20, 2007, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

Well I keep entertaining her:

Dec 18 '07

My ticket:

8  9  14  28  36     

Draw             7  9  13  15  23

Dec 20 '07

My ticket:

23   24   30   36   37

Draw:             5   23   26   35   38

Bang Head

Lep