Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 6:17 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Buyer's remorse

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 9 years ago by sirbrad.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Do you feel Buyer's remorse after buying a losing lotto ticket?

Yes [ 14 ]  [23.73%]
No [ 27 ]  [45.76%]
sometimes [ 18 ]  [30.51%]
Total Valid Votes [ 59 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
Member #6363
August 20, 2004
4152 Posts
Posted: January 10, 2008, 11:08 am - IP Logged

I do not think of it as buyer's remorse so much as just a waste when I buy a certain number for 3 days only to drop it and watch it come straight the very next day. I think of the money I spent the previous days being wasted because I did not see it thru to the end. I did not accomplish my goal.

This is for the Pick 3 game. I rarely play the larger games.

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

Timmer692002's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg
    Shelby Twp,MI
    United States
    Member #1883
    July 19, 2003
    290 Posts
    Posted: January 10, 2008, 11:44 am - IP Logged

Today I went to a candy store, and overheard a lady.  She said"I came into the store with $19 and leave with nothing." with a sad voice. 

Do you feel Buyer's remorse after buying a losing lotto ticket?

I do sometimes.

$19 is a drop in the bucket!

When I was playing the lottery heavier, I could drop $25 a day!

MARRIAGE the only WAR were it's okay to sleep with the enemy!!!

Better single than SORRY!!

Marriage - the LAST decision a man can make! Dead

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: January 10, 2008, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

I said sometimes. Most times if I don't win anything, I figure that's how it goes. I guess there are those rare times when I've had a bad day or I am depressed and check my losing ticket and think well that was a waste. But most times, I don't feel like that. This is my hobbie, so the money is worth spending.

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: January 10, 2008, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

One day in the future when Florida refunds losing tickets, I'll stop having buyer's remorse.

I just wish they'd hurry up and start the refunding process already....GEEEESH!

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
          West Side of Sunny Florida
          United States
          Member #55048
          September 8, 2007
          3371 Posts
          Posted: January 10, 2008, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

I do not think of it as buyer's remorse so much as just a waste when I buy a certain number for 3 days only to drop it and watch it come straight the very next day. I think of the money I spent the previous days being wasted because I did not see it thru to the end. I did not accomplish my goal.

This is for the Pick 3 game. I rarely play the larger games.

I Agree!  Just last night I watched a number come out that I had been playing for over a week and didn't play last night!  That is when I have remorse.  I also try to 'pay it forward' when I hit.  When I hit I will double the amount of a tip for a meal or any charity that I might be giving to.   I hit 3 times around christmas and was able to really make chrsitmas for a few other people who I didn't know a little better. 

I look at the times that I don't hit as an investment towards winning. 

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

bobby623's avatar - abstract
            San Angelo, Texas
            United States
            Member #1097
            January 31, 2003
            1405 Posts
            Posted: January 10, 2008, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

I use a particular workout to generate my numbers.
            I sometimes feel remorse when I compare my guesses with the
            winning numbers and see where I went wrong - and discover it
            was due to a simple mistake.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Playing the lottery is recreation for me. Instead of paying big bucks to
            watch a movie, I rent DVDs and use the difference to buy lottery products.
            I cook my own food, so, that's a savings. Don't drink or smoke. so, I can
            lose a few $$ everyday.

I just work harder with my workouts. Maybe one day I'll get all the winning
            numbers on the same line.  LOL

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: January 10, 2008, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

Justxploring..let me tell you something..I am disabled..so I know how tough things are and can get..I am very thankful for what little bit I get but it sure is no where near enough..good thing I am not dating any women.."Heh Honey..would you like to go to Bugerking tonight or McDonalds"..HAHAHA

Not to go too off-topic but...

I don't know how old you are or your personal situation, and I realize there are plenty of women who demand to be wined and dined and are interested in one's bank account, but don't let that stop you.  There are also just as many who are looking for a friend & good companionship. You can make spaghetti and then watch a DVD.  Don't know where you live in Miss, but you can take a walk in a park or along the beach or find free concerts at park and churches or temples.  Again, I don't know your disability so these things might be difficult. Just don't isolate yourself (writes the recluse)  You'll wind up talking to spiders on your porch or worse...posting on a lottery board!

Eek

BTW, if you're going to dine out, forget fast food.  A pizza is cheaper than 2 combo meals!   

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
                mississippi
                United States
                Member #34478
                March 3, 2006
                5910 Posts
                Posted: January 10, 2008, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

Not to go too off-topic but...

I don't know how old you are or your personal situation, and I realize there are plenty of women who demand to be wined and dined and are interested in one's bank account, but don't let that stop you.  There are also just as many who are looking for a friend & good companionship. You can make spaghetti and then watch a DVD.  Don't know where you live in Miss, but you can take a walk in a park or along the beach or find free concerts at park and churches or temples.  Again, I don't know your disability so these things might be difficult. Just don't isolate yourself (writes the recluse)  You'll wind up talking to spiders on your porch or worse...posting on a lottery board!

Eek

BTW, if you're going to dine out, forget fast food.  A pizza is cheaper than 2 combo meals!   

heh I love Pizza..hahaha..made one mistake in my life that I have wished a million times I could take back..November 7th ,1992..after I got of work that day I took my son Hunting and he accidently shot me in my right thigh at close range with a shotgun..almost blew my right leg off..I am still young..I am 45 and since I plan on living to be 120..I have a long time left..hahaha..anything above 120 is a bonus but I want my 120..hahaha

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

Sunny California
                  United States
                  Member #40295
                  May 31, 2006
                  7713 Posts
                  Posted: January 10, 2008, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

I feel buyer's remorse whenever I buy anything! Big Grin I am a "no frills" type which is why I rarely even play the lottery. Just having fun trying to figure it all out, that's all.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                    Wandering Aimlessly
                    United States
                    Member #25360
                    November 5, 2005
                    4461 Posts
                    Posted: January 10, 2008, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

heh I love Pizza..hahaha..made one mistake in my life that I have wished a million times I could take back..November 7th ,1992..after I got of work that day I took my son Hunting and he accidently shot me in my right thigh at close range with a shotgun..almost blew my right leg off..I am still young..I am 45 and since I plan on living to be 120..I have a long time left..hahaha..anything above 120 is a bonus but I want my 120..hahaha

I'm not making light of this, really. I'm sorry you are in pain. I saw on CNN yesterday that someone's dog accidentally stepped on the trigger of his shotgun and the same thing happened.

http://www.kfdm.com/onset?id=24158&template=article.html

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
                      mississippi
                      United States
                      Member #34478
                      March 3, 2006
                      5910 Posts
                      Posted: January 10, 2008, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

you know the washington redskins player that was killed..Sean Taylor or something like that..was shot in his thigh I believe..just like I was..the shotgun blast I had blew my femoral artery in half also..at about 4:30 in the afternoon..I got to the hospital around 6 when the Chopper landed and I was as close to dead as you could get so I was told..never saw in lights or anything...I was protected from above and I am thankful..to think the football player didnt make it hardly anytime and I went a good hour and half with my femoral artery blown in half and I am still alive..Our Father still has plans for me..that is the only reason I am still here

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                        CA
                        United States
                        Member #57222
                        December 23, 2007
                        587 Posts
                        Posted: January 11, 2008, 11:45 am - IP Logged

I checked sometimes. I always think of what else I could have purchased with the money. But you know what else?  I am totally frightened on the one day ( it doesnt happen often) when I forget to play my numbers. I panic when I think it would be just my luck that my numbers will hit that night.  Then I feel a total sense of relief the next morning when I check my numbers and realize that I wouldnt  have won anyway.  I try to play my numbers  really close to the cut off time.  But sometimes I get caught up in something and time passes & its too late to play.  It doesnt happen too often, believe me.

United States
                          Member #26330
                          November 16, 2005
                          330 Posts
                          Posted: January 11, 2008, 11:59 am - IP Logged

I don't get buyers remorse for losing lotto tickets.  I spend the money and take my chances.  If you feel remorse perhaps you should reexamine your budget and look at how much money you spend on tickets?  Not telling anyone how to live but if you are buying lotto tickets with food money or your rent money you shouldn't play as often.  I only feel non- buyers remorse if I decide not to buy a ticket for a drawing waiting for a roll-over and a bigger jackpot and the jackpot gets hit that drawing!

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
                            Florence, Alabama
                            United States
                            Member #8658
                            November 13, 2004
                            1993 Posts
                            Posted: January 12, 2008, 3:56 am - IP Logged

I don't feel any remorse for buying losing tickets. Personally I think if someone feels remorse it is because they either spent their last dollar or the money was to be used to pay for something of importance like a utility bill, but instead they took a chance to win some extra money but lost. Now that the money is gone they feel remorse for buying the ticket(s).

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
                              Florence, Alabama
                              United States
                              Member #8658
                              November 13, 2004
                              1993 Posts
                              Posted: January 12, 2008, 4:00 am - IP Logged

I don't get buyers remorse for losing lotto tickets.  I spend the money and take my chances.  If you feel remorse perhaps you should reexamine your budget and look at how much money you spend on tickets?  Not telling anyone how to live but if you are buying lotto tickets with food money or your rent money you shouldn't play as often.  I only feel non- buyers remorse if I decide not to buy a ticket for a drawing waiting for a roll-over and a bigger jackpot and the jackpot gets hit that drawing!

I Agree! 

I made my post before reading all the posts but I agree with this one.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!