Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Your predictions and a large viewing of your post

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 9 years ago by benmas.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Does making a lotto prediction here make you feel cautious with so many people viewing it?

I dont mind sharing the jackpot with 100 people [ 5 ]  [11.63%]
I just wanna prove my system [ 5 ]  [11.63%]
I wont post, they're my numbers ! [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
what are the odds that others will play my #'s ? [ 13 ]  [30.23%]
It doesnt matter to me [ 14 ]  [32.56%]
I'm greed and want it all, Im not sharing [ 2 ]  [4.65%]
No opinion [ 4 ]  [9.30%]
Total Valid Votes [ 43 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #46570
September 14, 2006
558 Posts
Posted: January 15, 2008, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

Does posting your numbers in the prediction forum or in a post make you feel uneasy? If that post was view'd by, say 500 people, do you think there's a chance that some of them will play your numbers as well, lowering your chance to claim a jackpot and winning more for yourself, especially if you have a high winning history here on LP ?

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
    Member #91
    January 19, 2002
    11927 Posts
    Posted: January 15, 2008, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

I've been posting numbers for awhile here on LP...and where I used to think about who would play my numbers, now I don't even give it a thought.  There are too many numbers being posted and if you have been playing my numbers you know exactly how many jackpots I have won......at one time I actually posted a note saying that if you played my numbers it is at your own risk or loss....I actually don't post on the Prediction forum anymore....don't have time to work the numbers.....

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
      Member #6363
      August 20, 2004
      4054 Posts
      Posted: January 15, 2008, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

If you do not like posting your numbers early and you have the time you could always post them just before the 1 hour deadline. I think that is the allotted time here at the lottery post. On the jackpot games don't they stop selling tickets an hour in advance? If timed just right you could have the best of both worlds and not have to worry about someone playing your numbers.

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: January 15, 2008, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

When I post Pick 3 numbers I post them at anytime. When I post numbers for Hot Lotto or Powerball, I tend to post them before the deadline. I don't believe anyone really looks at my numbers, but I prefer to be the only one who plays my set of numbers for jackpot games. I hope one day Todd can put something up that will allow our numbers in jackpot games to be private until the drawing.   

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Sunny California
          United States
          Member #40295
          May 31, 2006
          7712 Posts
          Posted: January 15, 2008, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

I just want to prove my system. Since I rarely play lottery myself I have no worries about having to share any money. If anyone won using my numbers then I wish them all the best!

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7302 Posts
            Posted: January 17, 2008, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

Does posting your numbers in the prediction forum or in a post make you feel uneasy? If that post was view'd by, say 500 people, do you think there's a chance that some of them will play your numbers as well, lowering your chance to claim a jackpot and winning more for yourself, especially if you have a high winning history here on LP ?

I think it's easier to analyze the numbers in pick-5 game than the predictors because the statistics are geared more for pick-3 and pick-4 games. The current hot predictor for just the last 30 days by prize ratio all states is only 47.61% and that means had you played all their predictions, you would expect to lose $52.39 for every $100 you bet. There are 4 predictors over 100% (break even point) in the lifetime category but winning $30 from 12 predictions won't have people anxiously waiting for their next prediction.

Finding a method to accurately compare all pick-5 games with all the different matrix and payoffs is next to impossible too.

To answer your question it depends on how many predictions you make even if you have the best winning history. Would 500 people be willing to play 25 to 50 combinations hoping tonight was the night you predicted all 5 winning numbers?

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
              Member #28409
              December 15, 2005
              1198 Posts
              Posted: January 17, 2008, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

I voted what are the odds.  Most of the time when I post the numbers on the prediction board, I am testing a theory.  Some silly idea that popped into my head in the dead of night and I want to see if it would work.  If someone wins using my posted numbers, I can't really get upset if I didn't play them myself, can I?  And no one is twisting my arm to put them up there, are they?  For instance, I have several lines that I play every draw.  I refuse to post those.  If someone hits with me using my private numbers, what can I do about it?  Nothing. 

That said, I do hold a notion that "they" are only going to allow the least amount of winners to be drawn.  I know, I'm such a comspiracy theorist !   Shame on me and whatever. ... not going to change my mind.  I've seen all the arguments about the drawings.  Still not convinced, when there are times when there is a qp winner the same time a guy hand picked his.  Often, you will see someone who wins by picking their own numbers win side by side with so many qp winners.  And then you will see the 2nd tier winners at an obscene amount.  Why?  Doesn't that just stink to you?  If it were really that possible for that many people to pick the same winning numbers at that particular time, there would be more winners more often.   I'm just not buying it. 

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19824 Posts
                Posted: January 17, 2008, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

In the pick3 and pick4 games, other players playing their numbers do not effect what the predictors get if they play.  In the pick5, pick6 and jackpot style games, predictors who match 5 or better have usually posted a lot of losing lines before coming up with a winner which probably discourage others from playing their numbers long before they hit. 

There's  not a predictions on the board who regularly win more than it cost to play his predictions.  Some predictors post more than 2000 combinations daily, I doubt if they would consider it wise to play all those predictions every day.

Most predictors post for bragging rights and they only brag when they win, you have to read their prediction statistics to know how often they lose.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19824 Posts
                  Posted: January 17, 2008, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

If you do not like posting your numbers early and you have the time you could always post them just before the 1 hour deadline. I think that is the allotted time here at the lottery post. On the jackpot games don't they stop selling tickets an hour in advance? If timed just right you could have the best of both worlds and not have to worry about someone playing your numbers.

The prediction board doesn't accept any predictions less than an hour before the drawing, but in Ohio, I have bought tickets up until 10 minutes before the drawings for both the local games and MegaMillions.

Evil Looking       

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
                    Member #6363
                    August 20, 2004
                    4054 Posts
                    Posted: January 17, 2008, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

The prediction board doesn't accept any predictions less than an hour before the drawing, but in Ohio, I have bought tickets up until 10 minutes before the drawings for both the local games and MegaMillions.

Thank you. I was not aware you could get the tickets that close to the drawing time.

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7302 Posts
                      Posted: January 18, 2008, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

In the pick3 and pick4 games, other players playing their numbers do not effect what the predictors get if they play.  In the pick5, pick6 and jackpot style games, predictors who match 5 or better have usually posted a lot of losing lines before coming up with a winner which probably discourage others from playing their numbers long before they hit. 

There's  not a predictions on the board who regularly win more than it cost to play his predictions.  Some predictors post more than 2000 combinations daily, I doubt if they would consider it wise to play all those predictions every day.

Most predictors post for bragging rights and they only brag when they win, you have to read their prediction statistics to know how often they lose.

We have two types of predictions here; the prediction pages where the results are analyzed and the standard 'one of these numbers should hit' in the other forums. When somebody says they have a system, I check their prediction statistics. Since the lotteries only payout 50 cents on the dollar, anyone over a 50% prize ratio is doing better than a random guess. To actually make money, a system would need over a 100% prize ratio but I wouldn't call that spectacular when the payoff odds on a 200% prize ratio are even money.

When somebody predicts and posts 20 to 40 lines of pick-3 numbers in the other forums, it doesn't necessarily mean to play all the picks or meant to be evaluated. It's usually for the players that ask for a number and they can choose a number from that set of numbers.

I believe with pick-5, lotto, Powerball, and Mega Millions predictions, just showing a line of 15 or 16 numbers is sufficient for evaluation. In actual play, not many people are going to play a full 15 or 16 number wheel, but we can play abbreviated wheels.

"Most predictors post for bragging rights and they only brag when they win, you have to read their prediction statistics to know how often they lose."

That's human nature and the same when somebody congratulates them on a hit when the rest of us know had they played all those numbers, they would have lost money.

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
                        Member #28409
                        December 15, 2005
                        1198 Posts
                        Posted: January 18, 2008, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

I wish you could do that where I live.  Buy the tickets up to 10 minutes before the drawing, I mean.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19824 Posts
                          Posted: January 18, 2008, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

I wish you could do that where I live.  Buy the tickets up to 10 minutes before the drawing, I mean.

In which state do you buy your tickets?  When I've bought lottery tickets in neighboring states at stores that were open that late, they sold tickets up to at least 20 minutes before the drawings.

Evil Looking       

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                            Wandering Aimlessly
                            United States
                            Member #25360
                            November 5, 2005
                            4461 Posts
                            Posted: January 20, 2008, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

In which state do you buy your tickets?  When I've bought lottery tickets in neighboring states at stores that were open that late, they sold tickets up to at least 20 minutes before the drawings.

In Florida Fantasy 5 is drawn at 11:15 and the last ticket printed for each night's game is at 10:40.   So that's 35 minutes.  The FL site says any ticket printed after that will be for the next night.

I've never found a local store that will run a slip after 10 anyway.  I've been to 24/7 stores and still couldn't purchased a Lotto ticket at 9:30.   Maybe it's up to the retailer. 

I don't post predictions, but if I decided I had some kind of code or system I wanted to share, the last thing I would worry about is someone else using it.  I would either post predictions or not. 

However, to be perfectly honest, if yesterday I looked up at the sky and saw 1-12-19-35-37-48* written in a cloud, I would keep it to myself.  I can always share & be generous after I win & collect my money! 

*Sat FL Lotto numbers

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19824 Posts
                              Posted: January 20, 2008, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

In my hometown, gas stations that are open all night will sell tickets anytime their terminals are operating, they depend on the terminals to switch over the dates.  Some times during the mornings, terminals will go down automatically to load updates, other than that you can buy tickets almost anytime they are opened.

I post predictions for entertainment and bragging rights and even though I pick my numbers using a system, I don't consider that sharing my system.  Besides, I've never post any numbers that came close to winning a jackpot.