Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:07 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Your predictions and a large viewing of your post

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 9 years ago by benmas.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Does making a lotto prediction here make you feel cautious with so many people viewing it?

I dont mind sharing the jackpot with 100 people [ 5 ]  [11.63%]
I just wanna prove my system [ 5 ]  [11.63%]
I wont post, they're my numbers ! [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
what are the odds that others will play my #'s ? [ 13 ]  [30.23%]
It doesnt matter to me [ 14 ]  [32.56%]
I'm greed and want it all, Im not sharing [ 2 ]  [4.65%]
No opinion [ 4 ]  [9.30%]
Total Valid Votes [ 43 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
Member #13130
March 30, 2005
2171 Posts
Posted: January 26, 2008, 8:00 am - IP Logged

If you do not like posting your numbers early and you have the time you could always post them just before the 1 hour deadline. I think that is the allotted time here at the lottery post. On the jackpot games don't they stop selling tickets an hour in advance? If timed just right you could have the best of both worlds and not have to worry about someone playing your numbers.

If the goal is to get high prediction stats, one could play in one state and post predictions for another.   

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
    San Angelo, Texas
    United States
    Member #1097
    January 31, 2003
    1405 Posts
    Posted: January 26, 2008, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

In Texas, they have a feature called 'lock down' where sales of tickets for an upcoming drawing are stopped dead. Doesn't matter what store, time of day, or any other factor.

I'm not positive, but I think the lock down, also known in store circles as 'the hammer', goes into effect 30 minutes before the drawing, and can last 30 minutes or more after the drawing. All tickets sold after that are for the next drawing for the game in question.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10392 Posts
      Posted: February 16, 2008, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

bobby623

"...I'm not positive, but I think the lock down, also known in store circles as 'the hammer', goes into effect 30 minutes before the drawing, and can last 30 minutes or more after the drawing...."

Hey, two great usernames, "Lock Down", and "The Hammer" 

Smile

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

benmas's avatar - waveform
        Rhode Island
        United States
        Member #56010
        October 28, 2007
        434 Posts
        Posted: February 16, 2008, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

The time when you buy your tickets doesnt matter..its a myth buying just before drawing (for ball draws)...i bought 3 days before and hit...i bought before drawing and nada..it doesnt matter if you have picked your numbers already....as far as computer drawings i would be skeptical of the timing though..damn machines..they can be manipulated..we just dont know..