Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Count your tickets, check numbers

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Yaddamean.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
Idaho
United States
Member #56506
November 21, 2007
6537 Posts
Posted: February 9, 2008, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

At a couple of large grocery stores where I have bought tickets, they have a scanner that allows someone to check their own tickets. I think they should be installed at all places that sell lottery tickets.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
    Member #50124
    February 26, 2007
    601 Posts
    Posted: February 9, 2008, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

At a couple of large grocery stores where I have bought tickets, they have a scanner that allows someone to check their own tickets. I think they should be installed at all places that sell lottery tickets.

They have them at several Jackson's and a Maverik where I buy mine too.  I emailed them to ask where they were, and they said they're in about 100 Treasure Valley stores now, with more on the way.

One problem with them, they don't tell you how much you've won.  They either say "sorry not a winner" or if you have a winner it says "see cashier" or something like that.   So it does nothing to stop the clerks that cheat people by telling them their ticket is a $3 winner when it's really a $25K winner.

United States
      Member #58287
      February 8, 2008
      24 Posts
      Posted: February 9, 2008, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

If you can't check them, don't sell them.

Every time I win something I say the same thing - 'I probably didn't win, but...'

Yeah, you don't get some of these people, so remember that the next time you want to pi$$ off someone - they may have nothing better to do than pull a .357 and start shooting.   You just never know, ever.

yes but do you knowingly take 50 scratchoffs that you know are losers and tell em to check em anyway?

I have no problem checking 100 draw tickets. You cant expect people to know if they won with those or not. But with scratchoffs, you SHOULD know if its a winner. If they bought those scratchoffs from us, fine, but bringing us 50 scratchoffs and not scratching them correctly and not knowing you won or not is a little mind boggling. I may sound like a grouch but I just wish some people were more considerate. I definitely would not buy 100 scratchoffs, scratch em all and not see if I won and take em over to the local store.

yes some stores have scanners and we recently had ours installed. The lotto people wont just offer it to you, you have to request those services.

United States
        Member #58287
        February 8, 2008
        24 Posts
        Posted: February 9, 2008, 8:14 pm - IP Logged