Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Lottery GONE A BIT TOO FAR

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Omniscient.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #46570
September 14, 2006
558 Posts
Posted: January 29, 2008, 10:52 am - IP Logged

I bought two of these last week and got skunked on both of them.

I feel your pain ... when you lose on those, it hits your wallet alot harder. You can still make good money on 2 and 5 dollar tickets. The most I ever won on a scratch ticket was $1,000 and that was a $2 ticket. I'll never forget that... I got a star on my ticket and won the whole thing.. all 10 prizes were $100 each. It was the only time I had to go to a lottery agency to pick up my check.

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: January 29, 2008, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

I feel your pain ... when you lose on those, it hits your wallet alot harder. You can still make good money on 2 and 5 dollar tickets. The most I ever won on a scratch ticket was $1,000 and that was a $2 ticket. I'll never forget that... I got a star on my ticket and won the whole thing.. all 10 prizes were $100 each. It was the only time I had to go to a lottery agency to pick up my check.

Winning $1,000 dollars on a $2.00 scratch off is a nice win. Congrats!

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
      Member #57551
      January 9, 2008
      841 Posts
      Posted: January 30, 2008, 9:52 am - IP Logged

STATE LOTTERIES are not "For the people".

(PRIVATE) Poker tournaments and Football Pools offer much better odds than the lottery when comparing to pick 3 , pick 4 and scratch games.

Yet, Government puts it's BIG FOOT down and heavily restricts the PEOPLE from having such better opportunities. And then turns around and expects some average Joe to plop down $30 on some high odds lottery scratch ticket.

It's all HYPOCRISY!

Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
        Florida
        United States
        Member #46570
        September 14, 2006
        558 Posts
        Posted: January 30, 2008, 11:18 am - IP Logged

STATE LOTTERIES are not "For the people".

(PRIVATE) Poker tournaments and Football Pools offer much better odds than the lottery when comparing to pick 3 , pick 4 and scratch games.

Yet, Government puts it's BIG FOOT down and heavily restricts the PEOPLE from having such better opportunities. And then turns around and expects some average Joe to plop down $30 on some high odds lottery scratch ticket.

It's all HYPOCRISY!

I agree with you 100% ! The government wants to restrict us to playing the unfair lotteries here... It makes me sick to my stomach...Puke We need to start a movement !!!  Power in numbers!!!

Lottery officials know that nobody will protest and they will get away with it like they always have. They need to be thrown off their highhorse asap and the only way thats going to happen is if petitions are signed, boycots of the lottery start up and protests in front of lottery headquarters begin as this will get the media's attention and that's what they fear most, because it will bring the issues to the masses.

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!