Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Stench of DISGUST in PA: a Cash 5 Travesty

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 9 years ago by RJOh.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #119
February 19, 2002
527 Posts
Posted: January 31, 2008, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

For the people that said they will boycott (myself included), I think we are all saying that in anger but after (say a month?) I beleive that we WILL PLAY IT

Here's why: if you play lotto regularly then what game will you play as an alternative to Cash 5? ...

After a little while when people see the jackpots reaching close to $500,000 (and this will happen often) they WILL PLAY ..THE reasons why: It will be the best payout will the best odds offered daily.

IT IS THE MONEY THAT DRIVES PEOPLE NOT ODDS..

IT beats 5/55 POWERBALL($200,000), << NOT offered daily

IT beats MAtch 6 odds (by a factor of 5) $2 ticket and starting payout of $500,000 (also slow rollovers and not played daily)

IT beats 5/30 T-HUNT (start jackpot $10K, computer game and high possibilty you will split will others)

So I mean the game got harder but it will offer bigger jackpots (close to half a million is not bad)

After a month we will play because we will have some data for last 30 drawings to peak at, jackpots wil be high and the other alternatives ..there are none that come close...

And the average player will just say: oh just 4 extra balls, bigger payout,, its ok. (most people are not good at math, the ones that are dont play lotto so often)

The lottery executives they know exactly how people react..they have been in the business too long and every decision they make has been carefully considered...Their decision will PAY OFF in the long run.

You know what, the human BRAIN and the human CONSCIENCE beat ALL the above.

In the final analysis, history has shown that the CONSCIENCE beats evil shenanigans.  

Tune in to your CONSCIENCE, man, not the false lure of the "higher jackpot" because that is just an ILLUSION designed to get you to OVERLOOK and not FOCUS on the EVIL they are DOING!  In the end, they will do THEMSELVES in.

Stand strong, stand FAST, man! 

benmas's avatar - waveform
    Rhode Island
    United States
    Member #56010
    October 28, 2007
    434 Posts
    Posted: January 31, 2008, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

You know what, the human BRAIN and the human CONSCIENCE beat ALL the above.

In the final analysis, history has shown that the CONSCIENCE beats evil shenanigans.  

Tune in to your CONSCIENCE, man, not the false lure of the "higher jackpot" because that is just an ILLUSION designed to get you to OVERLOOK and not FOCUS on the EVIL they are DOING!  In the end, they will do THEMSELVES in.

Stand strong, stand FAST, man! 

Greg, I agree that the change is bad for the players and what they are doing is messed up because it is defenitely meant to make more money for the lottery and the state. The points i am trying to make are 1: that they don't give you other alternatives that are better. and 2: After a while the money will lure the people into it ...this trick works every time...(what do you think the free ticket with a block of 5 is (a bait))...

United States
      Member #119
      February 19, 2002
      527 Posts
      Posted: January 31, 2008, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

Greg, I agree that the change is bad for the players and what they are doing is messed up because it is defenitely meant to make more money for the lottery and the state. The points i am trying to make are 1: that they don't give you other alternatives that are better. and 2: After a while the money will lure the people into it ...this trick works every time...(what do you think the free ticket with a block of 5 is (a bait))...

They don't give you other alternatives?  Nonsense!  Let me tell you the alternative Gandhi took: Noncooperation with evil!

Just don't cooperate, and continue to witness to the truth. 

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: February 1, 2008, 2:46 am - IP Logged

i haven't played the tennessee lottery in a half a year due to it changing to RNG.there are some things happening now in the pipeline to try and get it changed back to balls,i'm keeping fingers crossed.....

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
          A long and winding road
          United States
          Member #17084
          June 10, 2005
          4529 Posts
          Posted: February 2, 2008, 8:47 am - IP Logged

Thank you to the posters who gleened over my original question. Granted when a hot discussion about the *unfairness* is at hand , its difficult to take a moment . I've since chosen to play Cash 5. Reason: The matrix change hasnt affected my loss record! I still lose :) ANd who said being persistent doesnt pay!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

Think's avatar - lightbulb
            Marquette, MI
            United States
            Member #20541
            August 20, 2005
            705 Posts
            Posted: February 2, 2008, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

Here are some more ideas for Penn-

Charge sales tax on lottery tickets

Charge a ticket cashing fee on all winning tickets

Add a recycling or landfill fee to all tickets

Print scratchers on tissue paper and then don't redeem winners if they are torn up

Charge a service tax on the ticket cashing fee

Rhode Island
              United States
              Member #56010
              October 28, 2007
              434 Posts
              Posted: February 3, 2008, 12:55 am - IP Logged

Here are some more ideas for Penn-

Charge sales tax on lottery tickets

Charge a ticket cashing fee on all winning tickets

Add a recycling or landfill fee to all tickets

Print scratchers on tissue paper and then don't redeem winners if they are torn up

Charge a service tax on the ticket cashing fee

LOL ...those were funny but not likely to happen ..this one could ..charge a state tax on lottery winnings

Rhode Island
                United States
                Member #56010
                October 28, 2007
                434 Posts
                Posted: February 4, 2008, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

so much for those calling for boycotting the new pa cash 5 with 43 balls...They have had a jackpot winner 4 times in a row with the game nearly twice as hard to win...participation in the game seems to be about the same or even slightly more...that buy 5 get 1 free ticket is working apparently...the second prize winnings are very low compared with 5,066 odds.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19830 Posts
                  Posted: February 4, 2008, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

LOL ...those were funny but not likely to happen ..this one could ..charge a state tax on lottery winnings

Ohio already had a state tax on lottery winnings and now some cities are also taxing them.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking