Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

the future of the lottery as you see it...

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 9 years ago by mylollipop.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: February 12, 2008, 5:24 am - IP Logged

the future of the lottery as you see it....

how do you see it?   do you see more jackpots being won?  a new game to rival mega millions and powerball?    a new twist or different ways to play the pick 3?  more states going computerized?  higher matrixes on the horizon?  a state you didn't think stood a chance now getting a lottery?

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
    West Side of Sunny Florida
    United States
    Member #55048
    September 8, 2007
    3371 Posts
    Posted: February 12, 2008, 8:06 am - IP Logged

how do you see it?   do you see more jackpots being won?  a new game to rival mega millions and powerball?    a new twist or different ways to play the pick 3?  more states going computerized?  higher matrixes on the horizon?  a state you didn't think stood a chance now getting a lottery?

What about a NATIONWIDE 3 & 4 way game ???

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: February 12, 2008, 8:19 am - IP Logged

not a bad idea and one i've actually suggested at times in the past but it didn't get a lot of positive feedback.most thought it was a bad idea.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: February 12, 2008, 10:52 am - IP Logged

Unfortunately, I see more state making their games computerized. 

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

benmas's avatar - waveform
          Rhode Island
          United States
          Member #56010
          October 28, 2007
          434 Posts
          Posted: February 12, 2008, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Contrary to the belief that most states will go computerized, i think the opposite will happen or at least stay the same...Ball drawings will never go away because there is a loss of credibility with comps and that will mean loss of sales....the lottery makes money either way...Big states like NY, NJ, CA will be very hard to computerize mainly due to peoples reaction...people react differently in NY as they do in the south...and if something were to go wrong in NY it will be magnified 10x compared to something happenening in TN....I still find it hard to believe the way the glitches in TN were handled...UNBELIVABLE...they must go back to balls....The matrices WILL get a little bigger no doubt...

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            CA
            United States
            Member #57222
            December 23, 2007
            587 Posts
            Posted: February 12, 2008, 11:34 am - IP Logged

Unfortunately, I see more state making their games computerized. 

Please say it won' be so. I'm too afraid of system manipulation to continue to play if that happens. Its too easy for them.   

Idaho
              United States
              Member #56506
              November 21, 2007
              6537 Posts
              Posted: February 12, 2008, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Please say it won' be so. I'm too afraid of system manipulation to continue to play if that happens. Its too easy for them.   

I keep hoping that Idaho will make Pick 3 and Wild Card 2 ball drawings along with our Hot Lotto game, but I don't see it happening. I just think that a lot of states see it as being cheaper to do silly RNG instead of ball drawings. No Nod And I hate it. I don't think Powerball and Mega Millions will become computer generated, but I think a lot of Pick 3, Pick 4 and Pick 5 games may be heading in that direction.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                San Angelo, Texas
                United States
                Member #1097
                January 31, 2003
                1394 Posts
                Posted: February 12, 2008, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

Texas needs and will probably introduce a new Pick 5 game. Cash 5/37 is old and stale. Unfortunately, the new game will have a larger matrix and will be harder to win. I hope it doesn't mirror the crimes going on in Pennsylvania.

Otherwise, I don't believe there will be another change in MegaMillions for the next year or two.

The TLC is trying hard to add Powerball in Texas. The other MM members aren't interested.  But, you never know what greed will do. I think it odd that none of the MM states have followed Texas and adopted the Megaplier.

Personally, I don't think the MM and PB folks want to compete in the same states. They certainly don't want to compete with a National lottery. They very definitely don't want to computerize the games.

I think the TLC was thinking about computer drawings, but, someone, maybe the Governor, told them to stuff it. They have recently purchased new ball machines for all of the games.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10351 Posts
                  Posted: February 13, 2008, 1:39 am - IP Logged

I hope not, but states are considering making what are now $1 games $2 games- no added prizes ot anything, just doubling the price of the ticket. 

With quite a few states considering selling their lottery to private enterprises, I'm afraid this might happen.

Pretty ironic that, in a sense, the lottery operators themselves would  go for a "cash option", cash now, instead of keeping the cash cows they have, and be willing to turn it over to someone else.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                    Kunming
                    China
                    Member #57910
                    January 23, 2008
                    3626 Posts
                    Posted: February 13, 2008, 7:21 am - IP Logged

I hope not, but states are considering making what are now $1 games $2 games- no added prizes ot anything, just doubling the price of the ticket. 

With quite a few states considering selling their lottery to private enterprises, I'm afraid this might happen.

Pretty ironic that, in a sense, the lottery operators themselves would  go for a "cash option", cash now, instead of keeping the cash cows they have, and be willing to turn it over to someone else.  

I think the future of the lottery  will  be such that the average person won't be able to play it. It wil be a luxury that people will play only when the jackpots are out of this world. Something like going to Atlanctic City for a day of gambling. You really can't do that everyday.  I  believe  that people will protest the computerize games to the point that they will return to the mechanical. Somebody is going to uncover somebody is tampering with the computer program and this will lead to a demand to go back. The States have a lot to loose. Of course the price of a ticket will go up not down. So enjoy it while it's still okay. We all know what happens when something gets to big for itself.

United States
                      Member #119
                      February 19, 2002
                      527 Posts
                      Posted: February 18, 2008, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

The future?  Other states are ALREADY following everything PA's lead, IF you have studied what THEY have done the last 5 years.  See all my past posts.

Their ultimate goal: the DESTRUCTION of the lottery as we have known it, and all lotteries period.

Think I'm Paranoid?  WAKE UP PEOPLE! 

Honduras
                        Member #20982
                        August 29, 2005
                        4715 Posts
                        Posted: February 18, 2008, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

is a good idea to have a nationwide pick3 and pick4...I think they will get more money that way...Not to mention the money saved on TV...

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                          Member #5344
                          June 30, 2004
                          23641 Posts
                          Posted: February 18, 2008, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

Contrary to the belief that most states will go computerized, i think the opposite will happen or at least stay the same...Ball drawings will never go away because there is a loss of credibility with comps and that will mean loss of sales....the lottery makes money either way...Big states like NY, NJ, CA will be very hard to computerize mainly due to peoples reaction...people react differently in NY as they do in the south...and if something were to go wrong in NY it will be magnified 10x compared to something happenening in TN....I still find it hard to believe the way the glitches in TN were handled...UNBELIVABLE...they must go back to balls....The matrices WILL get a little bigger no doubt...

if people in TN would just quit playing these computerized games,  they will proof their point about their dislike..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7314 Posts
                            Posted: February 18, 2008, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

is a good idea to have a nationwide pick3 and pick4...I think they will get more money that way...Not to mention the money saved on TV...

Could you please explain how a national pick-3 and pick-4 could benefit either the player or an individual state?

Idaho
                              United States
                              Member #56506
                              November 21, 2007
                              6537 Posts
                              Posted: February 19, 2008, 11:10 am - IP Logged

Could you please explain how a national pick-3 and pick-4 could benefit either the player or an individual state?

Yeah I don't see how a national pick3/4 could benefit us players or the state better then the games we already have.