Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

the future of the lottery as you see it...

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 9 years ago by mylollipop.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7310 Posts
Posted: February 19, 2008, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

Yeah I don't see how a national pick3/4 could benefit us players or the state better then the games we already have.

He might be thinking about something like off-track betting where we could use our state lottery terminals to play those games in other states. Off-track betting works for race tracks because they don't have cards everyday and some tracks are seasonal.

It might benefit a few players but not enough to benefit individual states.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: February 21, 2008, 9:04 am - IP Logged

anyone heard anything new on the tennessee situation? 

i'm wondering if they are still going to try and get something done about this draw situation and the way the drawings are conducted.

konane's avatar - wallace
      Atlanta, GA
      United States
      Member #1265
      March 13, 2003
      3333 Posts
      Posted: February 21, 2008, 9:40 am - IP Logged

anyone heard anything new on the tennessee situation? 

i'm wondering if they are still going to try and get something done about this draw situation and the way the drawings are conducted.

Contact, and continue to contact your state representatives and senators, even the Governor's office about those computer draws.   

Rebecca will not change any of her decisions unless legislation mandates drawings revert to ball drop ......... and lawmakers are so money hungry if she can convince them they'll have more pork in the pot from computer draws, they'll stall and do nothing until it's demanded by people that they do.

The situation is only impossible if people resign themselves to being powerless to effect change back to an ethical method of drawing numbers. 

Good luck to everyone!

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
        Member #24380
        October 21, 2005
        623 Posts
        Posted: March 19, 2008, 12:32 am - IP Logged

Eventually, at least half of the states will have a major lottery (PB or MM).  When that happens, there might be some thought on a national lottery maybe for healthcare instead of education.

NY
          United States
          Member #23835
          October 16, 2005
          3474 Posts
          Posted: March 19, 2008, 1:43 am - IP Logged

At the moment, PB is played in 29 states and MM is played in 12. That's a total of 41 states, which I'm reasonably sure is already a bit more than half of them.

chasingadream's avatar - Archangel 01.jpg

United States
            Member #38687
            May 3, 2006
            315 Posts
            Posted: March 19, 2008, 2:01 am - IP Logged

*puts on Ali-baba hat and sit on the living room floor in the dark and starts playing the Ricola flute* 

as I gaaaaaaaaaaze into my crystal ball for future lottery predictions THIS is what I seeeeeee....... 

I predict that Arkansas, Alabama and Florida will join PB.

I predict Rebecca will go from Tennessee on to Arkansas to start up the lottery there.

Mississippi will join MM and probably follow Georgia and add Win For Life.

I predict Powerball will change its matrix by the 1st of next year. I don't think MM will change until PB changes and MM feels it needs to compete.

I predict that we will not see a $500mill jackpot until 2010 or later......

I predict the 1st game to go to $500mill will be MM. PB will get close on its 1st try after MM but on its 2nd try will match or go slightly higher than MM.

I predict the tax stimulus rebate checks will arive later than expected......wait a minute HEEEEEEY my crystal ball went from lottery predictions to tax predictions. Sorry people.......*picks up the ball and shakes it* ahhhh there we go

I predict that neither Tennessee nor South Carolina will have jackpot winner this year.

I predict that NY will have a winner this year.

I don't see see seeeeeeeeeee anyyyyyyyyyything eeeelse *shakes uncontrolably*

*puts Ricola flute back in the closet next to my cousin who has been there every since he came to thanksgiving dinner with his "friend" Donald*

Oogle  waiting patiently for my jackpot

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
              Member #24380
              October 21, 2005
              623 Posts
              Posted: April 17, 2008, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

the future of the lottery as you see it....

how do you see it?   do you see more jackpots being won?  a new game to rival mega millions and powerball?    a new twist or different ways to play the pick 3?  more states going computerized?  higher matrixes on the horizon?  a state you didn't think stood a chance now getting a lottery?

Definitely a NEW GAME to RIVAL PB and MM!