Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 4:14 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Random is dynamic and so a prediction system should also be.

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 9 years ago by time*treat.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
Tx
United States
Member #4570
May 4, 2004
5180 Posts
Posted: February 18, 2008, 11:42 am - IP Logged

People who make programs such as filter systems insist on making the filters of set values and that is why they fail more often than they should, they should let the past draws determine what values work best at a given time.

Filters programs should scan the past draws first and then based upon their finding, build-make their filters.

Filters should not go by names such as:

Low

High

Even

Odd

In

Out 

Instead there should be kinds of filters:

The Above are 2 condition filters: 0 or 1 or A or B and 2 equal groups of 5 digits each.

They are 3 filters with 2 patterns for each filter.

There are 3 above, but they could be fewer or more depending upon the stats of the past draws, they could be:

Filter #1, 5 = 0 1 2 3 4 , 5 = 5 6 7 8 9

Filter #2, 5 = 0 2 4 6 8, 5 = 1 3 5 7 9

Etc.

------

What I am saying is that at a particular time for example Filter # 1 might or could work best as:

Filter #001. 5A = 05789, 5B = 12346 or any other combination and the same for other filters of this same kind, is all a matter of which combinations of digits might work best or seem to work best at a particular time or period of time.

-----------

The 50-50 % Mostly Filters same way, they would be based upon the above filters, for example:

Any "Full" pick 3 number that has  2 or 3 digits from #0015A(05789), would be "Mostly#0015A", if not then it would be "Mostly0015B"

-----------

Lowest-Middle-Highest kind of filter goes by the lowest to highest order of the digits, but it might happen that at a given time a different order might work best either for prediction or for filtration:

This order could change at any time according to what is working best such as:

Lowest > 3946518027 > Highest, Could be a new order if it works best at a given time or some other Lowest to Highest order of the digits.

------------

The same for all the other filters such as Low-Middle-High.

Low could be any 3 digits, Middle any 4 digits and High any other 3 digits. and or:

------------

Width kind of filters:

Width or Lenght in digits of the Lowest to Highest Digits.

This filter depends in the order of the digits from lowest to highest and that order could be any order of the digits that seems to be working best for this filter at any particular time, that order of the digits also apply to the Lowest to Middle and Middle to Highest Width filters.

--------------

Width Position filters those 3 filters would remain unchanged and as they are right now in the softwares:

Lth to Middle, Lth to Right and Middle to Rt Widths or:

1 Position to 2 Position, 1 Position to 3 Position and 2 Position to 3 Position Widhts.

-----------------

Well maybe you get what I mean (And maybe not).

About the same for any other possible filters including the VTracks.

--------

Filters such as Sums, LDRs and Roots stay the same as they are now, except for any added charateristics to them such as ""Even-Odd"  Sums, LDRs and Roots", ""Low-High" Sums, LDRs and Roots"" Etc. Which depend on the digits that are assigned to such filters and which assignments should change as need as they should be dynamic.

------------

Anyhow just something to think about.

All of that is in accord to my study of the filters, their patterns and my attempts at prediction.

---------

I repeat, "Random is a dynamic process and so prediction also be" 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19900 Posts
    Posted: February 18, 2008, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

Most lottery programs are dynamic, that's the reason different players using the same programs get different results and still lose.   

Winning numbers are picked randomly but predicting them randomly doesn't give you an edge.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: February 18, 2008, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

Most lottery programs are dynamic, that's the reason different players using the same programs get different results and still lose.   

Winning numbers are picked randomly but predicting them randomly doesn't give you an edge.

RJOH

I figured that my post would not be understood, I would not pick anything at random as you can't win in that way, instead pick in accord to the (random) patterns of the past draws, but don't pick at random, pick according to the patterns

It probably still won't be understrood, it is O.K. anyway, no big deal.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1958 Posts
        Posted: February 18, 2008, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

I like the filters I use in my program. My program basically do the following(I'll use Hoosier Lotto Pick 6/48 as an example):

1. Pick 6 unique numbers 1-48 at random.
        2. Run the SET of 6 numbers through the filters.
        3. If the entire set of 6 numbers passes through all the filters, then the set is considered "good" and will be printed to the sceen and/or output file. If the set doesn't pass through all the filters, then the process starts over.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: February 18, 2008, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

I like the filters I use in my program. My program basically do the following(I'll use Hoosier Lotto Pick 6/48 as an example):

3. If the entire set of 6 numbers passes through all the filters, then the set is considered "good" and will be printed to the sceen and/or output file. If the set doesn't pass through all the filters, then the process starts over.

What about the filters? How do you pick them? And are the filters and their patterns that they use always the same and you never change them regardless of the past draws?

Indiana
            United States
            Member #48725
            January 7, 2007
            1958 Posts
            Posted: February 18, 2008, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

What about the filters? How do you pick them? And are the filters and their patterns that they use always the same and you never change them regardless of the past draws?

Well, I'm not going to give out details about the filters, at least not for a while. As far as the patterns, I look for patterns that will occur at least 95% of the time by checking the last 20 drawings. I don't mind if my system misses every now and then. Most of my filters are a few hundred lines of code each. And yes, the filters eliminate a large percentage of sets that(according to the system) aren't considered good.

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19900 Posts
              Posted: February 18, 2008, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

I too do similar things with the numbers I play and post on the prediction board.  The parameters I use cover 80% of the most recent winning combinations but they are so wide that they cover a lot of losers too.  Several times I've been among the top ten predictors on the prediction board but I have yet to win more than I spend over time which is the objective of picking my own numbers. 

Random luck is still the main factor in my winnings.   I would prefer to have a system that wins consistently or at least come close to a big win once in a while.  So far in ten years I've only gotten  a 5/6 in Ohio Super Lotto and a 4+0 in MegaMillions.  I would like to see that every 6 months on a $10-$20 per drawing budget.

I recently added a routine to check the distribution of numbers in the combinations.  I found that when numbers are divided into 5 or 6 groups, 50% of the winning numbers fall within 6 of 50 distribution patterns observed.

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                Member #13130
                March 30, 2005
                2171 Posts
                Posted: February 18, 2008, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

"they should let the past draws determine what values work best at a given time"

Trend following or curve fitting.

From looking over your list, I'd say most of these filters have been done in someplace or other. I helped someone here (I forget who) with a massive p3 system. I'm sure they (and plenty of other p3 system writers) are talented enough to create whatever you're looking for. If they are like the p5 players, they may have it in their 'spare parts' code. Cool

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Tx
                  United States
                  Member #4570
                  May 4, 2004
                  5180 Posts
                  Posted: February 19, 2008, 2:56 am - IP Logged

"they should let the past draws determine what values work best at a given time"

Trend following or curve fitting.

From looking over your list, I'd say most of these filters have been done in someplace or other. I helped someone here (I forget who) with a massive p3 system. I'm sure they (and plenty of other p3 system writers) are talented enough to create whatever you're looking for. If they are like the p5 players, they may have it in their 'spare parts' code. Cool

I have no idea who that might have been, some people appear to have their own private software.

I only know of 4 people who were and or are members at LP who made more or less massive pick 3 filters software that was or were not spreadsheets.

--------------
                  2 Condititon filters such as High-Low, Even-Odd etc, use 2 sets of 5 digits each that total all the ten pick 3 digits from 0 to 9.

So How many different 5 digits sets are there?

The stuff below is wrong so I had to delete that post, only the singles apply to this, that is combinations in which no digits repeat, no doubles, no triples, no quadruples and no quintuplets.

There are 10 1 digit sets: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9.

There are 100 2 digits sets  (made out of the 10 basic digits, the pairs from 00 to 99.

There are 1000 3 digits sets, the straight pick 3 numbers from 000 to 999.

There are 10,000 4 digits sets, the straight pick 4 numbers from 0000 to 9999.

--------------

There appears to be 100,000 5 digits sets from 00000 to 99999.

If that is true ( I am not so sure about that) then maybe  there are 50,000 possible 2 condition filters of the same kind as the Odd-Even filters, that have 2 sets of numbers and each set has 5 digits.

-------------

I would like to know if that is right or wrong, as I really don't know.

Does anybody know for sure?

-------------

Imagine having 50,000 2 condition filters such as the IN-Out filter.

And each of those filters would have 8 straight patterns and 2 mostly boxed-straight patterns (50-50% filters).
                  ------------

That does not take into account other kinds of filters, but the same principle would apply to some of them.

------------

Those who understand, What do you think?

----------

As I said:

That stuff is wrong so I had to delete that post, only the singles apply to this, that is combinations in which no digits repeat, no doubles, no triples, no quadruples and no quintuplets.

So there would not be no 100,000 different sets of 5 digits per set, the singles would be a lot fewer than that, How many of them? I don't know!

And so there would not be no 50,000 2 condition filters either, but fewer much fewer than that.

-----------

Who knows the real answer? 

Tx
                    United States
                    Member #4570
                    May 4, 2004
                    5180 Posts
                    Posted: February 19, 2008, 4:12 am - IP Logged

I was more wrong than I thought, that stuff deals with boxed singles, not straight singles.

2 sets of 5 digits per set  and each set is made out of boxed singles and none of the digits on one set can repeat on the other opposite, but complementary set, such as:

0 2 4 6 8  (Boxed Singles Pick 5) and 1 3 5 7 9 (Boxed Singles pick 5)

How many possible such 2 conditions filters are there? 

When I say "Pick 5" I mean a pick 5 such as the pick 3 and pick 4 made up of only the 0 to 9 digits.

Maybe this explains better what I mean. 

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                      Member #13130
                      March 30, 2005
                      2171 Posts
                      Posted: February 19, 2008, 8:41 am - IP Logged

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                      Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #48725
                        January 7, 2007
                        1958 Posts
                        Posted: February 21, 2008, 12:16 am - IP Logged

I was more wrong than I thought, that stuff deals with boxed singles, not straight singles.

2 sets of 5 digits per set  and each set is made out of boxed singles and none of the digits on one set can repeat on the other opposite, but complementary set, such as:

0 2 4 6 8  (Boxed Singles Pick 5) and 1 3 5 7 9 (Boxed Singles pick 5)

How many possible such 2 conditions filters are there? 

When I say "Pick 5" I mean a pick 5 such as the pick 3 and pick 4 made up of only the 0 to 9 digits.

Maybe this explains better what I mean. 

My system is designed mainly for games in which numbers are within the same pool. For example, Pick 5 and Pick 6, it will also work for the 5 white balls on the Powerball, but not the Powerball. I think I could use it on Pick 3 and Pick 4, but it wouldn't be nearly as effective.

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19900 Posts
                          Posted: February 21, 2008, 11:19 am - IP Logged

My system is designed mainly for games in which numbers are within the same pool. For example, Pick 5 and Pick 6, it will also work for the 5 white balls on the Powerball, but not the Powerball. I think I could use it on Pick 3 and Pick 4, but it wouldn't be nearly as effective.

I think of PowerBall and MegaMillions as games with two pools of numbers.  My system work with pick5 and pick6 too, but I can also use its tools to analyze the bonus numbers pool.

My system however can't work with pick3 and pick4 games because the same numbers can be in all three or four positions at the same time and most of its routines assume each number is 2 digits or less and only appears once.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7343 Posts
                            Posted: February 21, 2008, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

I think of PowerBall and MegaMillions as games with two pools of numbers.  My system work with pick5 and pick6 too, but I can also use its tools to analyze the bonus numbers pool.

My system however can't work with pick3 and pick4 games because the same numbers can be in all three or four positions at the same time and most of its routines assume each number is 2 digits or less and only appears once.

In a 6/54 lotto game for $10 you can have each number at least one time but to do that in Mega Millions, the minimum bet is $46. It's hard enough just picking 1 key number in a 5/39 game and if we can't do that consistently, why would think we could consistently pick 1 out of 46?

The real problem with both Mega Millions and Powerball is the anemic payoffs for matching 4 + 0. 3 + 1, 2 + 1, and 3 + 0. At least we get our buck back matching 2 numbers in RC5 and if you play lots of combos or wheel a group of numbers that helps to keep you in the game.

I've thought about trying the strategy used in Maddog's challenge and maybe play a 3if4 wheel for $12 or maybe a 3if3 when the jackpot is high for $29 but matching 3 numbers only pays $7 so only playing 12 numbers is still a 'hit and lose" situation. Tomorrow I'm going to use Todd's 56 number 46 combo wheel so I'll know the worst I can do is to match 2 white balls on one combo and I'll have all of the mega balls and then hope I get really really lucky.

And don't get me started on that goofy Kicker option because we can only get 5 combos on 1 ticket. It's either going to cost me an extra $10 or I'm going to feel really really stupid if I say "no" and one of them matches 5 or all 6 Kicker numbers.
                              RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19900 Posts
                              Posted: February 21, 2008, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

I'm not a fan of wheeling and I don't try to pick one number for my bonus number. I usually play 20 lines with 20 different bonus numbers and more than half the time I match the bonus number.

Evil Looking