Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 2:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Whats up with store clerks today?

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Yaddamean.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
Member #24380
October 21, 2005
623 Posts
Posted: March 9, 2008, 3:56 am - IP Logged

As long as clerks like that are not stopped, they will continue to harrass lottery customers.

I doubt that anyone could be held to their promise to split the ticket under these circumstances. If she's obligated to check your ticket anyway, then she hasn't given anything in return for your promise. What she did sounds like extortion to me.

How do you remedy this kind of behavior? Simple.

Don't nod your head or give any sign of assent, but smile real big and ask her name. Once you have it, say, "Thanks. You've just broken the law, and I'd start looking for a new job if I were you." Then report the incident to the lottery, in writing. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't see her for much longer.

Ooooohhh, A goody, a goody, a goody!  Yes indeed, a goody.

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
    Pittsburg, Ks
    United States
    Member #3382
    January 17, 2004
    83001 Posts
    Posted: March 9, 2008, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

On April Fool's Day (this is just an idea)go in your unfavorite c-store with a policeman and if the clerk with the "what'cha gonna give me" attitude is there have the policeman read him his rights Like "You have right to remain an April fool

Baton Rouge, LA
      United States
      Member #4602
      May 7, 2004
      700 Posts
      Posted: March 9, 2008, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

I guess I've been lucky and haven't had any probelms with clerks.  They usually just tell me to have a great day, wish me luck, or tell me they appreciate my business.  None have ever asked about getting a share of it.

If a clerk told me they weren't going to sell me a ticket unless I split it with them, I'd probably walk out of the store and get my ticket elsewhere.  That kind of behavior is not acceptable.  If the store is part of a chain of stores, I'd probably complain to the head office in writing about it.

Just no excuse but on the other hand, service is something that has gone downhill in alot of businesses in the last several years.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

United States
        Member #58287
        February 8, 2008
        24 Posts
        Posted: March 9, 2008, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

To the OP, why are you offended over such a small thing?

If anything, the clerks who sell lotto get abused every single day. A customer who gets told, "can I get a cut when you win", the customer can just leave. The same cant be said vice versa when the customer is abusing the clerk.

Personally, I dont say anything, I just say goodluck.