Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 6:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How would you spend it?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 9 years ago by MaddMike51.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
lotterywannawin's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
Michigan
United States
Member #56297
November 12, 2007
395 Posts
Posted: March 11, 2008, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

Spend, spend, spend money on whatever I want to buy for a change.

Morgantown, WV
    United States
    Member #59282
    March 11, 2008
    1 Posts
    Posted: March 11, 2008, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't stay anywhere for long.  I would travel the entire world and experience life with no regrets.

Party  Patty

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
      Member #4121
      March 23, 2004
      817 Posts
      Posted: March 11, 2008, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't stay anywhere for long.  I would travel the entire world and experience life with no regrets.

Nice first post.  Welcome aboard bunnelip. 

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
        Magnolia, Delaware
        United States
        Member #18795
        July 20, 2005
        789 Posts
        Posted: March 12, 2008, 1:06 am - IP Logged

I Agree! I'm with her on that!!!!!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

TexasDreams's avatar - Trek ROMSYM2.gif
          Houston, Texas
          United States
          Member #56457
          November 19, 2007
          55 Posts
          Posted: March 12, 2008, 9:28 am - IP Logged

This may sound stupid but even if I don't win, at least I had the money to play. Yesterday I saw a woman who did not even have a dollar left to buy a Mega Millions ticket once she filled up her car with gas!!! So charity would be one of the areas my financial guys would be required to budget into my "How would I spend it" list, not to mention debt elimination, big new home, nice car, college fund for kids, vacations and most in importantly the sign that says RETIRED!!!

A few years ago, billionaire Warren Buffett advised  "Investors should remember that excitement and expenses are their enemies. And if they insist on trying to time their participation in equities, they should try to be fearful when others are greedy and greedy only when others are fearful."

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #56506
            November 21, 2007
            6537 Posts
            Posted: March 12, 2008, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

This may sound stupid but even if I don't win, at least I had the money to play. Yesterday I saw a woman who did not even have a dollar left to buy a Mega Millions ticket once she filled up her car with gas!!! So charity would be one of the areas my financial guys would be required to budget into my "How would I spend it" list, not to mention debt elimination, big new home, nice car, college fund for kids, vacations and most in importantly the sign that says RETIRED!!!

I agree. Retiring is one thing I want to be able to do for me and my mom.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Pinkpansies's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
              Member #58857
              February 27, 2008
              112 Posts
              Posted: March 12, 2008, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

I'd probably spend the first few years traveling the world.  I'd live in my countries of choice for 3-6 months, that way I get to experience the culture and try all the nummy food.  Probably also make sure I was always in a warm place.  Snow is bad when you have to deal with it for months on end.  Any charity money I gave out would be anonymously and I would give it directly to places/people I knew needed it or would put it to the best use.

Once home from my travels I would buy every gaming system known to man and all the games to go with it, hire myself a personal chef, and then live in glorious splendour.

United States
                Member #58528
                February 18, 2008
                710 Posts
                Posted: March 13, 2008, 9:25 am - IP Logged

I'd buy a motorhome with a "garage" in the back and travel.Whenever I heard of a natural disaster somewhere in the United States,I would pull into the nearest Wal-Mart and buy every blanket they had and then I would fill the "garage" of the motorhome with things that displaced people need,toiletries,medicines,etc.Then I would drive to the disaster area and start passing out this stuff to those in need.When the "garage" becomes empty I would drive to another Wal-Mart and refill it and either drive back to the disaster scene or head for another disaster scene.I would always keep the "garage" stocked up and ready to respond.I would enjoy driving to places I've always wanted to see,but I'd be prepared to respond to disasters and emergencys.The Red Cross can't do it all and the goverment has proven that it is incompetent when it comes to emergencies.